Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Both of them suck, try Opera 11, it's the fastest current browser. You can have over 20 tabs, watch a movie, play music, skype, msn, pdfs, word and it won't eat up memory like Chrome or Firefox. It's also got a built-in torrent downloader. You can try running some tests yourself:

http://ie.microsoft.com/testdrive/Pe...k/Default.html - IE10 wins this one surprisingly, they can handle more graphics, chrome was last.

http://ie.microsoft.com/testdrive/Vi...p/Default.html
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Currently reading/watching:
    One Piece, Naruto, Shingeki no Kyojin, Kenichi, Hajime No Ippo The Rising, Hunter x Hunter

Windows Native Opera 11.jpgDragon Blues Opera 11.jpg

Here's two skins. The first one is Dragon Blues and the 2nd one is Windows Native. I honestly don't care about skins as it does slow any browser down. This is why I just stick to Windows Native, nothing fancy, but gets the job done for a grad student like me.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    One Piece, Naruto, Shingeki no Kyojin, Kenichi, Hajime No Ippo The Rising, Hunter x Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by heebakutty View Post
    yes sure google Chrome is the best browser, when i first downloaded it, my internet was running at a lighting speed, i even checked my speed
    http://www.ip-details.com/internet-speed-test/
    and it was normal too, hitherto i used firefox which chocked my browsing capabilities .
    But the only one advantage with firefox is that it has more add ons, which makes things much easier
    I agree about the addons. Chrome versions don't seem to integrate as well as the FF versions. Imagezoom is one of my Favs, (imagezoomer in chrome). In the FF version, it works on all images, whereas the Chrome version won't zoom embedded images.

Another problem is that FF has got an extension called download video downloadhelper. This thing will download just about any kind of video from almost any site (won't work on BBC). Video download options on Chrome are much limited.

The Biggest thing going for Chrome in my mind is its resistance to Bugs, otherwise you can customize FF to look like chrome if you want. Yes chrome is faster, but for my needs the speed differential isn't that important.

In the end I ended up Using both simultaneously.

I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !

Add-ons/Extensions just slow the browser down, it's better to have a lite browser that has integrated functions such as Opera, which is why it is the world's fastest browser for Windows and Mac. The only problem with Opera is that it can't duplicate ActiveX, which microsoft has patented, hence no browser can actually. That's why there certain things, where you just have to use IE to access it. People have developed IE plugins such as Neptune, but they are never as good as the real thing. That's why if any of you have noticed in school, sometimes you gotta open IE to access powerpoint slides, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowfox87 View Post
    Add-ons/Extensions just slow the browser down, it's better to have a lite browser that has integrated functions such as Opera, which is why it is the world's fastest browser for Windows and Mac. The only problem with Opera is that it can't duplicate ActiveX, which microsoft has patented, hence no browser can actually. That's why there certain things, where you just have to use IE to access it. People have developed IE plugins such as Neptune, but they are never as good as the real thing. That's why if any of you have noticed in school, sometimes you gotta open IE to access powerpoint slides, etc.
    SF, Opera cannot possibly have all the integrated functions I personally need or want?

In any case, Chrome routinely Beats Opera in speed tests, so if speed is what you need, then chrome will do the deed. (Hmmm! did I just Rhyme?)

Quote Originally Posted by paulbee View Post
    SF, Opera cannot possibly have all the integrated functions I personally need or want?

In any case, Chrome routinely Beats Opera in speed tests, so if speed is what you need, then chrome will do the deed. (Hmmm! did I just Rhyme?)
    Chrome beat Opera in speed? Not from where I'm looking at. If you're talking about the internet speed test above, that's just a measure of download speed in which Opera scored 4582 D/1853 U and Chrome scored 2843 D/5683 U. This test is not really a browser test. I gave a link above for all the browser tests. You can google browser comparisons where pros have already published the data between browsers, Opera beats all in speed. They wouldn't advertise fastest browser in the world for nothing.

Yea, it won't have ALL the integrated functions you need. Though, I don't know about you but it has everything I need lol. Most of the things users want are unnecessary. Are there any specific things you're looking for?

Quote Originally Posted by shadowfox87 View Post
    Chrome beat Opera in speed? Not from where I'm looking at. If you're talking about the internet speed test above, that's just a measure of download speed in which Opera scored 4582 D/1853 U and Chrome scored 2843 D/5683 U. This test is not really a browser test. I gave a link above for all the browser tests. You can google browser comparisons where pros have already published the data between browsers, Opera beats all in speed. They wouldn't advertise fastest browser in the world for nothing.

Yea, it won't have ALL the integrated functions you need. Though, I don't know about you but it has everything I need lol. Most of the things users want are unnecessary. Are there any specific things you're looking for?
    Well I'll download opera and give it a spin!

Here's some stats: http://lifehacker.com/#!5784396/brow...me-11-and-more

Also, btw, Opera DOES support extensions, but it's considered fastest without those extensions.

Some tricks with Opera and most browsers:

Switch between tabs: CTRL+TAB (very useful esp. along with ALT+TAB)
    type anything in the url bar and press enter-->google search (no need for stupid stuff like google toolbars)
    In Opera-->right-click-->block content-->click on any ad to block-->it will not appear next time
    + and - keys to zoom in and out respectively

Extensions I use for Opera:
    Opera Adblock (updateable, you can use Fanboy's list too if you want manually)
    Facebook Photo Theater Killer (takes that annoying picture viewer out)
    FastestTube (youtube downloader)
    Google Translate (click this button and it translates the current page to w/e language you want)

That's it, I don't think you need anything else.
    Last edited by shadowfox87; 04-21-2011 at 01:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by chestnut View Post
    I like Chrome because its so quick and Firefox because of the plugins. Only downside of Chrome is flash seems to crash all the time, but that could just be my machine.
    I wish Chrome had some of my favorite plugins. For example, does anyone know a chrome plugin that downloads flash movies from almost any site? I am not talking about dedicated apps that work for specific sites.

There are most plugins available for almost every single browser, one just needs to look harder. The reason is because programmers will just make their own plugin if it doesn't already exist. They then publish their plugins on websites where other users can download it. This is the beauty of customization. Most users, however, will not do this and would prefer an automated plugin downloader, etc. Not everything is perfect in a nice package, that's why one has to take the time to MAKE it perfect for you.