2 16.67%
  • so-so

0 0%
  • not that great

0 0%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    Lollipop Candy ♥BAD♥ girl daz bonez's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MyZTiK View Post
    I agree with this statement. When this battle is all over, Natsu doesn't "grow" much in my book. He doesn't get any much stronger, faster, nor smarter. The powerup fades (even if he kind of used his brain [or maybe it was instincts] to get this temporary powerup) and in the next battle he'll charge in will full fury and zealous anger once again. I don't like to compare, but in Naruto you can notice the subtle differences in every battle of how Naruto approaches a battle, you also notice the power/skill set of Naruto increasing (even if he only has a few spells with variations of it). For Natsu, I feel like he doesn't permanently get any skill growth. He is kind of like Kirby, suck them in, get the power and then lose it eventually. What would be pleasing for me to see is if Natsu actually is able to duplicate the Dragon God's Brilliant Flames again without needing the black flame powerup...Then that would be a true growth in my eyes. But if he can't sustain a "move" that he got during a powerup, then i consider it temporary and not a true "growth" in character.
    Natsu needs to learn some of his powerups so that he can use it frequently... these unexplained powerups are so inconsistent.. well atleast he is consistent with them; I wish I could say 'can't wait to see more' but I can't..... honestly disappointing, Not the best chapter out there, but there's been worse. Definitely the worst in this arc though.

That's what it is. I knew something really bothered me about the format of FT, but couldn't figure out what. No real rules. 1st of all when you have magic, the rules are kind of iffy in the 1st place but to do a manga centered around many types and ways of doing magic, then you really need to weave the rules throughout, not just explaining after or even during a fight.
    yeah,I wish Mashima would go into more detail on how magic works in this series, though - then this sort of thing might not seem so random.

Quote Originally Posted by xioaxioa View Post
    Fisher Tiger is a punk ass bitch.

-----credit to Maximo for the kick ass ava----

Why is everyone so surprised by this? If we remember back during Rave master musica (a silver claimer) had this exact fight where his attacks could do nothing against a gold claimer. Eventually in the fight we see musica was able to get the basics of controlling gold. Its just like he said its still controlling metal even if one is stronger then the other the basics are the same. Well at somepoint Natsu obviously wasn't able to eat flames and he learned the basics of it. For all we know this was the same process he learned to absorb dragon flames and just no on knew about it since dragon slayer is a rare magic. He did mention its been awhile since flames were to hot for him meaning he has been at this point in time in the past (overwhelmed by flames)

Quote Originally Posted by fafnir24717 View Post
    Why is everyone so surprised by this? If we remember back during Rave master musica (a silver claimer) had this exact fight where his attacks could do nothing against a gold claimer. Eventually in the fight we see musica was able to get the basics of controlling gold. Its just like he said its still controlling metal even if one is stronger then the other the basics are the same. Well at somepoint Natsu obviously wasn't able to eat flames and he learned the basics of it. For all we know this was the same process he learned to absorb dragon flames and just no on knew about it since dragon slayer is a rare magic. He did mention its been awhile since flames were to hot for him meaning he has been at this point in time in the past (overwhelmed by flames)
    Makes kinda sense. He just hadn't experienced anything hotter than dragon's flame before, so he had to relearn eating flames over again.

Quote Originally Posted by Arbitrary View Post
    I still want to see some action from Gildartz.
    i agree 1,000,000,000 % i still hopw he shows up as back up. and i think maybe a good point for freid to show up would be saving lucy and cana. since he is the only reason that they are there any way.
    Quote Originally Posted by kuroihikari View Post
    Makes kinda sense. He just hadn't experienced anything hotter than dragon's flame before, so he had to relearn eating flames over again.
    yeah CUZ B4 he learned D.S. magic regular flames would be hot.but i can not wait to get a bit of detail on what exactly he did.
    Quote Originally Posted by arisart View Post
    Lol, I bet you argue too much with cross. It's not really healthy you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Death View Post
    Hey stick to the topic, quit asking nonsense question about other series or if cross777 is thunder luffy which by the way have different IP addresses.... Next person that goes off topic will be infracted...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]