3 25.00%
  • ok

2 16.67%
  • so-so

0 0%
  • not that great

0 0%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Soo...Zancrow can eat Natsu's flames in chapter 218, but gets beaten by Natsu's flames in chapter 219...I dont understand that. Sure his flames are upgraded with the black flames but Zancrow should still be able to eat it because it is still Natsu's fire, all that he did was just incorporated a powerboost. I dont know if Natsu will ever be handed a defeat...This battle should have been impossible to win, but instead, a member of GH got defeated just like that. Natsu gets angry about one of his kins getting hurt or something along the lines of his values, and turns into "HULK".

Well the black flames were cliche as predicted. I like that Natsu nullified his magic before he ate the flame but I thought this was going to be one of the few times Natsu would win without devouring flames.
    Pandaman FOR PRESDIENT

I wasn't expecting much out of this particular encounter so I suppose it ended satisfactorily considering the amount of unoriginality in which it was drenched. Makarov defending his 'children' is without a doubt, the highlight of this chapter. A very heartwarming, recurring motiff that FT has.

As a side note, I'm a bit confused about this 'good growth' that everyone else seems to be seeing in Natsu. How has this particular power up been any different from any other that we've seen?
    "Is she freaking 'cause Cyril said he wanted to bang Danny the intern?"

"No I think it's 'cause he said he wanted to marry her."

"She's so weird.... Hey will you choke me a little bit?"
    I will hug you if you get the reference.

well from makarovs reaction i took from it that
    1. this was really inventive for natsu as in he use his head in stead of powering through something.
    2. he was not just given this power up by some one or something he did it on his own he learned how to do something that bettered himself.
    and from the look on makarovs face and from what he said this was unexpected of natsu meaning he did not think he was capable of it.
    at least thats what i took from it.
    Quote Originally Posted by arisart View Post
    Lol, I bet you argue too much with cross. It's not really healthy you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Death View Post
    Hey stick to the topic, quit asking nonsense question about other series or if cross777 is thunder luffy which by the way have different IP addresses.... Next person that goes off topic will be infracted...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Veteran Member Himura Battousai's Avatar
    Im trapped in Kakashis Kamui jutsu with Deidaras arm
    Quote Originally Posted by MyZTiK View Post
    Soo...Zancrow can eat Natsu's flames in chapter 218, but gets beaten by Natsu's flames in chapter 219...I dont understand that. Sure his flames are upgraded with the black flames but Zancrow should still be able to eat it because it is still Natsu's fire, all that he did was just incorporated a powerboost. I dont know if Natsu will ever be handed a defeat...This battle should have been impossible to win, but instead, a member of GH got defeated just like that. Natsu gets angry about one of his kins getting hurt or something along the lines of his values, and turns into "HULK".
    I wouldnt say this was the same as the other arcs. Natsu was in a bad situation so he stopped for a moment and thought how he could get out of the situation. He came across the idea of eating the flames. It wasnt something "given" to him he achieved this "power up" himself.

I said Natsu would eat those flames

edit: damn you cross you beat me to it.

A) How is 'eating the flames' considered an idea that he hasn't come across before?

B) How is this a different concept from eating the Etherion Lachryma?

Another minor side note: Numerical values are better than subjective lexical descriptors in polls. As far as I'm concerned, 'ok' and 'so-so' synonymous.

Veteran Member Himura Battousai's Avatar
    Im trapped in Kakashis Kamui jutsu with Deidaras arm
    LOL did you even read the chapter????? Natsu had to nullify his magic(something weve never seen before.....I think) so he could eat them. And going from Makarovs expression that is probably something worth applause. Did he nullify his magic to eat Etherion Lachryma?? NO.

^Adding to that I hope we get some like magic info chapter during or after this arc with what was just mentioned by Marakov and the Natsu vs Gildratz fight along with some other subtle magic details throughout this manga really haven't been explained. At least for me it doesn't come out to be really amazing because I don't know what the fuck they talking about. FT needs a chapter like Narutos elements explained, Bleach essences in everything, One Piece's Haki. So far its just been this guy got this magic that guy got that magic this guy beat him because he did this extra hard technique that is supposedly extremely difficult to pull off.

About the chapter its meh for me guess I enjoyed it because it was completely surprising. Zancrow out of the picture early and Natsu probably some what fatigued? There is a lot going on still definitely got ways to go until the climax unless he starts having Caprico knocking out more another group at a time.

Oh, I see what you mean, you were referring to Natsu nulling his magic rather than him eating the flames. Nulling the magic is a new concept, yes. Eating the flames? Absolutely not. I was rather thrown by this comment:

Quote Originally Posted by Himura Battousai
    He came across the idea of eating the flames.
    Which is definitely not a novel concept.

My original point (my first post before I was confused by the replies) was actually more referring to the fact that this, like all of Natsu's other power ups was out of the blue and without any justification, rather than the fact that it was 'his own achievement' and not 'given to him'.

Why would nullifying your magic while being consumed by black flames be the first logical option that comes to mind if he was 'thinking things through' as he has been described? What is the justification for that?

As far as I'm concerned, the only vague part is why nullifying his magic made him able to eat the flames. Zancrow cannot eat his own flames in the same way Natsu can't, so it'd make sense that a good mixture of Natsu's fire and his would be able to damage him.

So we're left with two explanations:
    1. Natsu took a risk similar to Makarov by risking burning his own insides just so that he can spew out a fire Zancrow cannot avoid. He wasn't a dragonslayer eating flames, just a "vessel" that contained the flames and mixed them together.
    2. The black flames were designed to use (dragonslayer's?) fire as "fuel".