• ok

2 16.67%
  • so-so

0 0%
  • not that great

0 0%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by cross777 View Post
    we did get character growth and a good bit of it two he did not just get handed another power up like he always does he used something new this chapter and from makorov's reaction when natsu nullified his own power it seems it not that easy of a thing to do. we are seeing some nice growth out of natsu and i was impressed with this chapter.

I KNOW ME TO BRO ME TO

He also used something new in those other cases as well, i don't think you get my point, atfer this is fiished, it's like he is going to go back to the way he was, unless by some miracle he gets god flames inplanted in him forever or something....

Veteran Member Himura Battousai's Avatar
    Im trapped in Kakashis Kamui jutsu with Deidaras arm
    Quote Originally Posted by Zadkiel View Post
    Oh, I see what you mean, you were referring to Natsu nulling his magic rather than him eating the flames. Nulling the magic is a new concept, yes. Eating the flames? Absolutely not. I was rather thrown by this comment
    I guess youre right but I didnt think id have to go in that much detail.

Quote Originally Posted by merciless View Post
    He also used something new in those other cases as well, i don't think you get my point, atfer this is fiished, it's like he is going to go back to the way he was, unless by some miracle he gets god flames inplanted in him forever or something....
    I agree with this statement. When this battle is all over, Natsu doesn't "grow" much in my book. He doesn't get any much stronger, faster, nor smarter. The powerup fades (even if he kind of used his brain [or maybe it was instincts] to get this temporary powerup) and in the next battle he'll charge in will full fury and zealous anger once again. I don't like to compare, but in Naruto you can notice the subtle differences in every battle of how Naruto approaches a battle, you also notice the power/skill set of Naruto increasing (even if he only has a few spells with variations of it). For Natsu, I feel like he doesn't permanently get any skill growth. He is kind of like Kirby, suck them in, get the power and then lose it eventually. What would be pleasing for me to see is if Natsu actually is able to duplicate the Dragon God's Brilliant Flames again without needing the black flame powerup...Then that would be a true growth in my eyes. But if he can't sustain a "move" that he got during a powerup, then i consider it temporary and not a true "growth" in character.

Bleach

Quote Originally Posted by cross777 View Post
    also, the next chapter title gives me the impression that we are going to see mirajane and Lisanna fight azuma next chapter and i hope thats the case.

Yeah, have very high hopes more so for the coming fights rather than that 1, especially for the girls to get a real chance to shine.

Quote Originally Posted by FenixMarco View Post
    ^Adding to that I hope we get some like magic info chapter during or after this arc with what was just mentioned by Marakov and the Natsu vs Gildratz fight along with some other subtle magic details throughout this manga really haven't been explained. At least for me it doesn't come out to be really amazing because I don't know what the fuck they talking about. FT needs a chapter like Narutos elements explained, Bleach essences in everything, One Piece's Haki. So far its just been this guy got this magic that guy got that magic this guy beat him because he did this extra hard technique that is supposedly extremely difficult to pull off.
    That's what it is. I knew something really bothered me about the format of FT, but couldn't figure out what. No real rules. 1st of all when you have magic, the rules are kind of iffy in the 1st place but to do a manga centered around many types and ways of doing magic, then you really need to weave the rules throughout, not just explaining after or even during a fight.

Quote Originally Posted by kuroihikari View Post
    As far as I'm concerned, the only vague part is why nullifying his magic made him able to eat the flames. Zancrow cannot eat his own flames in the same way Natsu can't, so it'd make sense that a good mixture of Natsu's fire and his would be able to damage him.

So we're left with two explanations:
    1. Natsu took a risk similar to Makarov by risking burning his own insides just so that he can spew out a fire Zancrow cannot avoid. He wasn't a dragonslayer eating flames, just a "vessel" that contained the flames and mixed them together.
    2. The black flames were designed to use (dragonslayer's?) fire as "fuel".
    Quote Originally Posted by MyZTiK View Post
    Soo...Zancrow can eat Natsu's flames in chapter 218, but gets beaten by Natsu's flames in chapter 219...I dont understand that. Sure his flames are upgraded with the black flames but Zancrow should still be able to eat it because it is still Natsu's fire, all that he did was just incorporated a powerboost. I dont know if Natsu will ever be handed a defeat...This battle should have been impossible to win, but instead, a member of GH got defeated just like that. Natsu gets angry about one of his kins getting hurt or something along the lines of his values, and turns into "HULK".

He brings up a really good point. Judging by the coloring of the flames. flames acts likes normal food for fire eaters, in that you eat and it strengthens everything,and gives power and energy. It shouldn't change the nature of Natsu's flames, just add power and intensity. So why couldn't Zancrow stil devour Natsu's flame and just be like"Hmmn. Extra tasty"?

Quote Originally Posted by Zadkiel View Post
    Oh, I see what you mean, you were referring to Natsu nulling his magic rather than him eating the flames. Nulling the magic is a new concept, yes. Eating the flames? Absolutely not. I was rather thrown by this comment:
    yeah that is what i was getting at
    Quote Originally Posted by MyZTiK View Post
    Then that would be a true growth in my eyes. But if he can't sustain a "move" that he got during a powerup, then i consider it temporary and not a true "growth" in character.
    and the thing is him being able to do that is not a one time thing he can do it again now how that can help him in the future we will have to wait and see. but the real growth is as makorov stated the level of strategy and know how it took to do that. thats the real growth.
    Quote Originally Posted by SCarred Luffy Lvl:Z View Post
    Yeah, have very high hopes more so for the coming fights rather than that 1, especially for the girls to get a real chance to shine.
    yeah i have been waiting since we first saw mirajanes power for her to just really and truly cut loose and this will be a great chance to do that.
    Quote Originally Posted by arisart View Post
    Lol, I bet you argue too much with cross. It's not really healthy you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Death View Post
    Hey stick to the topic, quit asking nonsense question about other series or if cross777 is thunder luffy which by the way have different IP addresses.... Next person that goes off topic will be infracted...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by SCarred Luffy Lvl:Z View Post
    He brings up a really good point. Judging by the coloring of the flames. flames acts likes normal food for fire eaters, in that you eat and it strengthens everything,and gives power and energy. It shouldn't change the nature of Natsu's flames, just add power and intensity. So why couldn't Zancrow stil devour Natsu's flame and just be like"Hmmn. Extra tasty"?
    Well, we know that for flame mages, your own flames don't count as food, they're just ordinary flame. Even though Zancrow can eat Natsu's fire, when it's mixed with his own fire, he can't distinguish what is edible and what is flame, making it damaging to him.

Natsu eating Zancrows flame, what a surprise. At least Makarov interfered so Zancrow wasn't totally owned by Natsu. Mashima didn't even tell what's up with this god flames. I'm sure Makarov knew bout this and that would be a perfect time to explain what is all about. 2 out of 5 for me.

sig made by me

Quote Originally Posted by merciless View Post
    Uhh that was lame seriously... it's like that every time, first he eats the tower of paradise and uses that temporary power, then gerrard gives him some golden flames for a short period, and now he just uses god flames that he ate...., when we gonna see some character growth here...same old shit....and i was hoping for so much this chapter
    I will have to disagree with you. From all of Natsu's previous fights, we only see him rushing in head first. He doesn't really like to think tactically, or plan out his next move. In this chapter, we saw that he actually had to use his brain. Now, I can't say for sure If we saw any physical growth, but we definitely are starting to see some mental growth. Natsu Is transitioning himself into a true S-Rank Mage. We're starting to see him making smart decisions, like when he backed down during Gildartz, or when he blocked out his own powers, so that he could swallow the black flames. I'm getting very excited for Natsu's future in this manga.

As for my predictions.. I think Lucy Is going to summon Aries (I think that's her name, the goat girl) and we're going to see a relationship revealed to the audience of Capricorn and Aries. For all we know, Capricorn is a spirit, and Lucy gets Capricorn's key, and because of this (after the exams start back up) We'll see her easily help Cana become a S-class mage. So she won't end up leaving. (although, there's some speculation that the person Cana spoke about seeing / meeting Is one of the GH, and she has huge emotional bonds with, And the dead body from charle's vision is her. Aka the reason Cana Is crying.)

As for the visions of Charles. We did see a lifeless hand. I don't know where I stand on this, but I'm THINKING, Lucy sacrifices herself to save Cana, and appears dead. I say this, because Cana and Natsu are apparently both crying. (although Natsu's crying could come from Markov's situation, since the predictions are jumbled) I can't really think of anyone that's gotten close to Cana except Lucy, (we could see the Reunion of the person Cana spoke about earlier while she was At Lucy's house) and Lucy Is one of the very few who Natsu would die for in an instant. So even if this is wrong, I'm sure that were going to see some major character development. At least the emotional aspects of it.
    Last edited by Madge; 01-24-2011 at 03:47 AM.

I still want to see some action from Gildartz.

Quote Originally Posted by Madge View Post
    As for the visions of Charles. We did see a lifeless hand. I don't know where I stand on this, but I'm THINKING, Lucy sacrifices herself to save Cana, and appears dead. I say this, because Cana and Natsu are apparently both crying. (although Natsu's crying could come from Markov's situation, since the predictions are jumbled) I can't really think of anyone that's gotten close to Cana except Lucy, (we could see the Reunion of the person Cana spoke about earlier while she was At Lucy's house) and Lucy Is one of the very few who Natsu would die for in an instant. So even if this is wrong, I'm sure that were going to see some major character development. At least the emotional aspects of it.
    we have already seen natsu crying from the battle whit gildarts, so we know the wisjon are separated in time.
    so cana crying can happend next chapter and the hand can apper in the last chapter of the act