• |3| Average

2 6.25%
  • |2| Bad

0 0%
  • |1| Terrible

1 3.13%
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8
    Quote Originally Posted by rax View Post
    Gai wasn't trying to kill Kisame and it was after Kisame sucked up A LOT of chakra from Bee.
    As you can see, in the same chapter, Gai was fighting in Kisame's turf AND he owned Kisame's super jutsu.
    On the other hand:

- The Chakra that Kisame stole from Killerbee really only restored Kisame to his former strength.
    - Kisame left his sword behind to drain Killerbee. As one of the Seven Swordsmen, Kisame really does rely on his blade.
    - While one could argue that Samehada wouldn't make all that big a difference against Guy (who doesn't rely on chakra-based attacks), the sword itself is critical for Kisame's fighting style. Without it, he cannot block or parry close-range attacks, cannot slice/drain his opponents (which would still be harmful to a close-range fighter like Guy), and cannot replenish his strength (which may have helped him recover from Guy's Afternoon Tiger ability).

The fact is, Kisame was fighting primarily to escape and deliver his message to Madara. He may have been surrounded by water, but it's not as if he can't just effortlessly summon as much water as he could need. The presence of the ocean merely saved him the trouble.

Guy's Afternoon Tiger, while momentarily allowing him to take down Kisame, actually did more damage to Guy's body that it did to Kisame's. To me, that speaks volumes about the difference in their power. Kisame could have kept fighting after a momentary breather (where he not surrounded by Yamato/Naruto/Killerbee), but Guy could barely move. However, while Guy's power-up lasted, he DID have complete power over the momentarily stunned Kisame.

I'm just providing a different view of their fight. While Guy did win, the exact factors that contributed to his win against Kisame are, in my opinion, up for debate.

Quote Originally Posted by Rlinfamous View Post
    On the other hand:

- The Chakra that Kisame stole from Killerbee really only restored Kisame to his former strength.
    - Kisame left his sword behind to drain Killerbee. As one of the Seven Swordsmen, Kisame really does rely on his blade.
    - While one could argue that Samehada wouldn't make all that big a difference against Guy (who doesn't rely on chakra-based attacks), the sword itself is critical for Kisame's fighting style. Without it, he cannot block or parry close-range attacks, cannot slice/drain his opponents (which would still be harmful to a close-range fighter like Guy), and cannot replenish his strength (which may have helped him recover from Guy's Afternoon Tiger ability).

The fact is, Kisame was fighting primarily to escape and deliver his message to Madara. He may have been surrounded by water, but it's not as if he can't just effortlessly summon as much water as he could need. The presence of the ocean merely saved him the trouble.

Guy's Afternoon Tiger, while momentarily allowing him to take down Kisame, actually did more damage to Guy's body that it did to Kisame's. To me, that speaks volumes about the difference in their power. Kisame could have kept fighting after a momentary breather (where he not surrounded by Yamato/Naruto/Killerbee), but Guy could barely move. However, while Guy's power-up lasted, he DID have complete power over the momentarily stunned Kisame.

I'm just providing a different view of their fight. While Guy did win, the exact factors that contributed to his win against Kisame are, in my opinion, up for debate.
    I agree with you, but remember that Gai didn't open all the gates and thus wasn't fighting at "full strenght". I have a feeling that if he had used the 8th gate he would have easily killed Kisame..and died after that of course.
    And besides that, Kisame is as strong as he is only thanks to his sword who constantly gives him the enemy's chakra. Without samehada, kisame would have a hard time fighting Gai.

Prick List: Gaara, Bee Genesis 1.0's Avatar
    So you're diminishing a Swordsmen of the Mist for relying on his sword?

Just making sure.

In any case, I agree with Rlinfamous' proposition, especially the circumstances surrounding the climax of that fight.

"For I being a poor man, have only my dreams & I have spread them beneath your feet. Tread carefully, for you tread upon my dreams."

Quote Originally Posted by Rlinfamous View Post
    On the other hand:

Exactly. Guy was feeling the effects even up to the point where they assembled for war. He was out. Might as well have been dead if it wasnt for Sakuras impressive medical ninjutsu.
    http://www.mangaday.com/Naruto/515/16-17/

I thought he was felling "ill" because Kakashi, his rival, was the general of his squad. Silly me.