• |3| Average

4 13.33%
  • |2| Bad

1 3.33%
  • |1| Terrible

1 3.33%
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

One Piece One Piece Chapter 611 - "Hodi Jones"

Last edited by Rokudaime Sennin ™; 01-20-2011 at 09:05 PM.
    A bridge towards peace; the will of fire still endures!

Rokudaime Hokage, Rokudaime Rikudou Sennin Uzumaki Naruto

Nice chap,

I was honestley expecting more from Hodi Jones but his just Arlong on steroids.

awesome!

i presume that those pills only work on fishmen :<

Great intro for Hodi! I am hoping to see more from him though. He can bite? Wow. So could Arlong.

Quote Originally Posted by kiduka View Post
    Nice chap,

I was honestley expecting more from Hodi Jones but his just Arlong on steroids.
    ^ This *yawn*, Hodi, *yawn*

He doesn't even really resemble a great white (where are the multiple rows of teeth, for example). He just looks like a really fat guy. lol.

i thought he was cool but i thought some of the other fish men were cooler. can not wait for next chapter and i hope the rest of the crew get fond sooner rather than later. I can not wait to see what the other fish men pirates can do. and i was thinking something that maybe Hyozo is not really with the new fish man pirates like maybe he is a spy or something for the king. idk seeing the fish man pirates in the chapter and the way he was acting idk just made me think of that. IDK its just a thought and i am probably wrong but when has that ever stopped me lol. but i think that zero looks really cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by arisart View Post
    Lol, I bet you argue too much with cross. It's not really healthy you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Death View Post
    Hey stick to the topic, quit asking nonsense question about other series or if cross777 is thunder luffy which by the way have different IP addresses.... Next person that goes off topic will be infracted...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Looks like we've got our first batch of enemy pirates for the new and improved StrawHats to go toe to toe with. Hodi is kind of similar to Arlong, but his approach to getting surface dwellers to fear and thereby respect fishmen by obliterating pirates who were able to make it all the way down to Fishman Island I thought was an impressive form of villainy.

He's still a jerk but yeah, I can see where the prejudice and morality issues between humans and fishmen come into play what with the whole Fisher Tiger fiasco.

Nami's gonna make Pappug go broke. I guess we might see one Strawhat per chapter at the rate things are going so far. King Neptune might enlist the help of Luffy and Co. against these rebels, and there's still Van Der Decken's Grandson to think about as well. Lots of conflicting sides this arc, makes the unpredictable world of One Piece even more unpredictable if that's possible.

As long as everything just keeps on flowing forward, then that's already enough.
    Where there's a will there's a way!
    Spoiler!

Decent chapter I suppose. This Hodi Jones guy doesn't look like much of a match for Luffy anyways. Just an overpowered Fishman. Not overpowered enough if you ask me...it would be a bit funny tho, if he started fighting Luffy, started losing, then OD'ed on the "dark pills" haha
    Now was it just me, or did Neptune resemble Santa a bit? xD
    I think we will see Caribou next chapter, doing something stupid. I think he will be picked up by the New Fishman Pirates lawlz

p.s. @Cross:
    I don't think Hyouzo is really with the Fishman Pirates, just an assassin working for them. LIke a mercenary type deal.

Do you know what that is?

Banned
    It was an ok chapter. It seemed a lot quicker pace or shorter or something. I hope Hodi hasn't shown his true strength yet because he didn't seem anymore powerful than Arlong. He better have some special techniques or something yet to be seen. I'm sure he is stronger than Arlong while he is on those pills, but I don't think strength alone will ever beat the SH's.

Quick question: Why are the time stamps on the posts off by so much?

Overall nice chapter. Though there's now Arlong on steroids. IMO he's the Mid-arc Villain to build up the fight with Van der Dekken at the end of the Arc. Nice touch with Santa Neptune!!

Quote Originally Posted by cross777 View Post
    i thought he was cool but i thought some of the other fish men were cooler. can not wait for next chapter and i hope the rest of the crew get fond sooner rather than later. I can not wait to see what the other fish men pirates can do. and i was thinking something that maybe Hyozo is not really with the new fish man pirates like maybe he is a spy or something for the king. idk seeing the fish man pirates in the chapter and the way he was acting idk just made me think of that. IDK its just a thought and i am probably wrong but when has that ever stopped me lol. but i think that zero looks really cool.
    I think that there is a possibility that he is apart from them, they act like maniacs and he is so laid back he doesn't seem to have a want of need to cause terror
    Quote Originally Posted by scyrp View Post
    Decent chapter I suppose. This Hodi Jones guy doesn't look like much of a match for Luffy anyways. Just an overpowered Fishman. Not overpowered enough if you ask me...it would be a bit funny tho, if he started fighting Luffy, started losing, then OD'ed on the "dark pills" haha
    Now was it just me, or did Neptune resemble Santa a bit? xD
    I think we will see Caribou next chapter, doing something stupid. I think he will be picked up by the New Fishman Pirates lawlz

p.s. @Cross:
    I don't think Hyouzo is really with the Fishman Pirates, just an assassin working for them. LIke a mercenary type deal.
    I have to agree unless he starts pill poping fast idk if he has a chance but hopefully will get to see the crew's fighting for what it is worth, in the past we have sometimes had only most crew members fighting one on one defeats, e.g Usopp and Robin in Enies Lobby.
    Hopefully we will see an all out fight.
    Lol yeah Neptune kinda does
    The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!

“Champions do not become champions when they win the event, but in the hours, weeks, months and years they spend preparing for it. The victorious performance itself is merely the demonstration of their championship character”
    T. Alan Armstrong