Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    Quote Originally Posted by SCarred Luffy Lvl:Z View Post
    Any1 else thinks to compete @ the higher levels Gray will need to stop needing both hands? It seems like the basic rule his master taught but IMHO it seems like 1 of those rules meant to be broken without realizing it. Like 1 of these days he will start using it and realize that the 2 hands made the magic stabler for weaker mages but there comes a time when you can use only 1. Other than Lucy his magic seems like it takes the longest, allowing too many people to take advantage and just kick his butt for a while.
    well he was able to beat Lyon and was more powerful with twp hand and when lyon came back he used both hands and was much more powerful. so i doubt that but nice thinking either way i think he will break through some kind of personal limit like IDK i just think he will find a way to just raise the level of his power to a whole new level. also i think and hope he show that and steps up in this battle. he need to setp it up same with elfman i hope he shows us something new as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by arisart View Post
    Lol, I bet you argue too much with cross. It's not really healthy you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Death View Post
    Hey stick to the topic, quit asking nonsense question about other series or if cross777 is thunder luffy which by the way have different IP addresses.... Next person that goes off topic will be infracted...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by SCarred Luffy Lvl:Z View Post
    Any1 else thinks to compete @ the higher levels Gray will need to stop needing both hands? It seems like the basic rule his master taught but IMHO it seems like 1 of those rules meant to be broken without realizing it. Like 1 of these days he will start using it and realize that the 2 hands made the magic stabler for weaker mages but there comes a time when you can use only 1. Other than Lucy his magic seems like it takes the longest, allowing too many people to take advantage and just kick his butt for a while.
    How ridiculous. His magic is hardly 'slow', in fact it was explicitly stated by one of the guild leaders that he was amazed at just how quickly Gray could construct his Shield. Using both hands to increase the stability of his Ice creations may be a basic rule; but no matter what the discipline, the basics are fundamental. That's why they are referred to as basic, why they're taught first and why they are drummed into all users of the art. I would have thought the battle against Lyon would have made that quite obvious, but clearly not.

Quote Originally Posted by cross777 View Post
    well he was able to beat Lyon and was more powerful with twp hand and when lyon came back he used both hands and was much more powerful. so i doubt that but nice thinking either way i think he will break through some kind of personal limit like IDK i just think he will find a way to just raise the level of his power to a whole new level. also i think and hope he show that and steps up in this battle. he need to setp it up same with elfman i hope he shows us something new as well.
    I can't think of a single battle in which Gray has been involved where he hasn't 'stepped up'. It may not be as obvious as other characters, ala Natsu; but he has certainly held his own against many strong opponents.

I'm not quite sure what your prediction about Gray's development contributes. "he will find a raise to just raise the level of his power to a whole new level [sic]"? That is getting stronger, by definition. It's rather like prediciting "Erza will Exquip"; patently obvious.
    "Is she freaking 'cause Cyril said he wanted to bang Danny the intern?"

"No I think it's 'cause he said he wanted to marry her."

"She's so weird.... Hey will you choke me a little bit?"
    I will hug you if you get the reference.

Quote Originally Posted by Zadkiel View Post
    How ridiculous. His magic is hardly 'slow', in fact it was explicitly stated by one of the guild leaders that he was amazed at just how quickly Gray could construct his Shield. Using both hands to increase the stability of his Ice creations may be a basic rule; but no matter what the discipline, the basics are fundamental. That's why they are referred to as basic, why they're taught first and why they are drummed into all users of the art. I would have thought the battle against Lyon would have made that quite obvious, but clearly not.

I can't think of a single battle in which Gray has been involved where he hasn't 'stepped up'. It may not be as obvious as other characters, ala Natsu; but he has certainly held his own against many strong opponents.

I'm not quite sure what your prediction about Gray's development contributes. "he will find a raise to just raise the level of his power to a whole new level [sic]"? That is getting stronger, by definition. It's rather like prediciting "Erza will Exquip"; patently obvious.
    you do not have to be mean to him bro.

and that was a type-o i meant find a way to rise to a whole new level of power. and gray wins his fights but by stepping up i meant well stepping up like he was always strong but in every arc he is over shadowed. its as you said kind of obvious to what i meant but i meant really showing us how strong he has as you said held his own but never really lived up to his potential like when he lost to bix low i want him to dig deeper than we have seen B4. really show us something spectacular and new. and no saying gray is going to show us something on a new level is not obvious some people think gray is going to get pawned i dissagree with those people.

(oh and P.S. the quote in you sig is from archer lol.)
    Hey stick to the topic, quit asking nonsense question about other series or if cross777 is thunder luffy which by the way have different IP addresses.... Next person that goes off topic will be infracted...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

you do not have to be mean to him bro.
    I enjoy harsh love. I'm sure he can take it.

and that was a type-o i meant find a way to rise to a whole new level of power. and gray wins his fights but by stepping up i meant well stepping up like he was always strong but in every arc he is over shadowed. its as you said kind of obvious to what i meant but i meant really showing us how strong he has as you said held his own but never really lived up to his potential like when he lost to bix low i want him to dig deeper than we have seen B4. really show us something spectacular and new. and no saying gray is going to show us something on a new level is not obvious some people think gray is going to get pawned i dissagree with those people.
    You are using the loss to Bixlow as an example? I'm quite certain being unable to use magic in a confined area is a considerable handicap in a battle between mages. Gray hasn't been developed as much as the rest of the main cast, to be sure, but how many members of Fairy Tail could actually best him in a fight? You'll find the list surprisingly small, made more obvious by his S-rank candidacy. In fact, he could arguably potentially force a draw with any one of them (though it would require him turning into ice).

Gray getting stonger is patently obvious, perhaps not a 'whole new level of power' (and I'm not sure if by this you mean a whole new level of power for Gray or in general) but certainly quietly growing in strength his own way. Personally I don't think his power lends to impressive shows of strength and new creations very well, I'd much rather more creative uses of his existing Ice creations and better core technique over an "Ice Make WIN" spell.

(oh and P.S. the quote in you sig is from archer lol.)
    *hug*

I did promise.

I enjoy harsh love. I'm sure he can take it.

You are using the loss to Bixlow as an example? I'm quite certain being unable to use magic in a confined area is a considerable handicap in a battle between mages. Gray hasn't been developed as much as the rest of the main cast, to be sure, but how many members of Fairy Tail could actually best him in a fight? You'll find the list surprisingly small, made more obvious by his S-rank candidacy. In fact, he could arguably potentially force a draw with any one of them (though it would require him turning into ice).

Gray getting stonger is patently obvious, perhaps not a 'whole new level of power' (and I'm not sure if by this you mean a whole new level of power for Gray or in general) but certainly quietly growing in strength his own way. Personally I don't think his power lends to impressive shows of strength and new creations very well, I'd much rather more creative uses of his existing Ice creations and better core technique over an "Ice Make WIN" spell.

*hug*

I did promise.
    thats kind of what i meant like a leap in power and like you said a whole new level of power like more than just making things out of ice but taking it to a whole new plain, now thats the future right now i do want him to step it up like be the "super star" he can be. i just want him to live up to his potential during this fight is all i meant.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

'This fight' is perhaps wishful thinking on your part, I feel it would be a poor decision on the mangaka's part from a story-telling perspective to allow Gray to 'realise his super star potential' in this particular battle. He is in a 4vs1 situation, against someone who is almost certain to be a Stellar Spirit or at least has a strong connection to a Stellar Spirit, and partnered with Leo the Lion along with Lucy the Spirit mage. Certainly not a situation in which Gray has the limelight.

'This fight' is perhaps wishful thinking on your part, I feel it would be a poor decision on the mangaka's part from a story-telling perspective to allow Gray to 'realise his super star potential' in this particular battle. He is in a 4vs1 situation, against someone who is almost certain to be a Stellar Spirit or at least has a strong connection to a Stellar Spirit, and partnered with Leo the Lion along with Lucy the Spirit mage. Certainly not a situation in which Gray has the limelight.
    your right and just so you know i do not see him winning just showing us for lack of a better word "what he's got" and i had said in an earlier post i hope gray ends up in a one on one situation with some one because i realize this is not the best fight for him to shine here. but all i really want in this battle is for gray to just over step our expectations thats what i am really trying to get at. but i can agree with you it is wish full thinking on my part but i am sure you can agree most of us still want to see more out of gray.
    (P.S. nice debating by the way.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]