7 20.59%
  • |2| Bad

1 2.94%
  • |1| Terrible

1 2.94%
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
    Prick List: Gaara, Bee Genesis 1.0's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LeaT View Post
    Fair enough, but how would it be expressed? Remember that Ichigo isn't 15 anymore whereas Naruto started out at a slightly earlier age where that kind of dreaming was a bit more appropriate. People aspire for different things in a relationship towards the other sex as they age. In Ichigo's current age, clearly a more mature relationship would be the first goal.
    Bwahahahahahaha!

Nah, I'm sorry, didn't mean to come off as condescending but no, no it's not. Not hardly.

Perhaps you live in an environment that has more mature and socially advanced teenager / young adults, but for the majority, that's far from the truth.

Like I said, a simple recognition is all that matters.

"For I being a poor man, have only my dreams & I have spread them beneath your feet. Tread carefully, for you tread upon my dreams."

Actually, considering how close Ichigo was with his mom, it makes quite a lot of sense for Ichigo to be the type of guy who does not objectify women. No "OMG shes so hott!" moments are perfectly fine. Ichigo also shows almost no emotion at all on the outside, in fact, he has worked very hard to create a reputation of being that stoic, no-nonsense type of guy. That also lends credence to Ichigo's outward reactions, or lack thereof, to women. That being said, kubo could definitely have Ichigo privately admiring someone's beauty. But that's just nit-picking as far as I'm concerned.

Nitpicky or not, anything that allows your base to connect or relate to your character is always a positive in any form of writing, art, comic, etc.

"For I being a poor man, have only my dreams & I have spread them beneath your feet. Tread carefully, for you tread upon my dreams."

Funnily enough, the people I'd expect to respond in this kind of conversation have not. As much as I can understand the need for Ichigo to act gendered in order to more easily identify with him, I just started to wonder if there's any statistic to how many women who read Bleach. I think it is quite obvious that men would still outnumber, but if the number is higher than what is usual for other shounen, then it's interesting nevertheless, particularly with regards to this issue.

Perhaps you live in an environment that has more mature and socially advanced teenager / young adults, but for the majority, that's far from the truth.
    I think it's more my tendency to ignore men who act stupid regardless of their age ;p Ok, I admit, maybe I'm not the best person to speak about such an issue... I just based it off Ichigo's personality that it wasn't just some kind of crush relationship Ichigo would be after anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by LeaT View Post
    I just based it off Ichigo's personality that it wasn't just some kind of crush relationship Ichigo would be after anymore.
    'Anymore' implies that he was at that point before. He never has been. He's a F'N robot in this area.

You don't have to be a horndog, pervert, testosterone pumped douche, or whatever to actually notice and at least internally acknowledge an attractive woman.

Kubo could break some ground here and have his main character down with the Rainbow Pride. It's 2011, let's go.

Flocka.

But it's not that he's noticing anything else.