• |3| Average

3 8.33%
  • |2| Bad

1 2.78%
  • |1| Terrible

0 0%
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Flare Blitz View Post
    Well it's not 100% certain if Luffy equipped CoA in the pistol-shot against the fishmen and if it would have made a difference...
    It might make a difference if the sword he's carying is a good one.
    (personally i hope it's a Ō Wazamono Grade Sword like the Nidai Kitetsu or something)

But He indeed is on a whole other level than most fishmen.
    What he did is (like u said) not a small feat.

Though I doubt the new fishmen pirates - SH pirates fight will cause the FI-destruction.
    Noah on FI is still their base...
    I'm more leaning in the direction of van der decken, which also includes the neptune army etc...
    Though it could also come down to: SH's &/vs Neptune Army vs VDD vs NFMP
    I'm a guess that Luffy is now a Haki user, it makes no sense he wouldn't use it every time now to his advantage. Unless there is some limit to it which doesn't seem likely.

Him having a regular sword or a named sword still doesn't make him any less of a strong opponent blocking post time skip Luffy's jet pistol. The metal used on the pacifists is really strong Zoro was barely able to cut it when he fought Kuma. Luffy took it down in 1 shot after time skip, this guy just blocked that attack.

Just to put the theory that it might be Van Der Dekken to destroy FI, Madam Shirley did say, "a human with a ripped strawhat"
    http://mangastream.com/read/one_piece/74136489/16
    The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!

“Champions do not become champions when they win the event, but in the hours, weeks, months and years they spend preparing for it. The victorious performance itself is merely the demonstration of their championship character”
    T. Alan Armstrong

Nice chapter, full of talking but they finally met someone from their parted group which we don't know anything about them yet
    I imagined that they were parted into two groups but now when they met only brook that means the others may be together or every person alone and by time goes they will meet one at time.

i have a question here, Does luffy know that whitebread is dead ???
    something's telling me that he still don't know.

One Piece back in all its glory. Nice way to start off manga this week.

Sanji's okama trauma will haunt him till the day he dies. Poor guy just can't catch a break. Hyouzou's got some skill being able to block Luffy's Jet Pistol. I'm in agreement that he'll take on Zoro when the Straw Hats go head to head with the New Fishman Pirates.

Brook's bonetastic lines as cliche and punny as ever. Sure is a hit with the ladies ever since he started using the SOUL KING moniker.

Madam Shirley was a cool boss. Her fortune of course could either by a mix up between Luffy and Van Der Decken's Grandson, or just blown out of proportion. Would be a real shame to see such a unique and advanced civilization like Fishman Island destroyed. I want to go to Gloverly Hills!

Luffy seems to admire Big Mam for protecting the Fish and Mer People, even if she extorts candy out of them. I'm sure Kaidou and Blackbeard (if he gets the title) will be the only ones he has problems with. Overall awesome chap. Interested in how the ladies and Zoro are doing, so hopefully we get a glimpse of them soon.

As long as everything just keeps on flowing forward, then that's already enough.
    Where there's a will there's a way!
    Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by FenixMarco View Post
    I'm a guess that Luffy is now a Haki user, it makes no sense he wouldn't use it every time now to his advantage. Unless there is some limit to it which doesn't seem likely.

Him having a regular sword or a named sword still doesn't make him any less of a strong opponent blocking post time skip Luffy's jet pistol. The metal used on the pacifists is really strong Zoro was barely able to cut it when he fought Kuma. Luffy took it down in 1 shot after time skip, this guy just blocked that attack.
    It's not like i'm disagreeing with u or anything.
    I'm just saying that when u look at it the jet-pistol-arms didn't seem to be in gear 2nd mode (nor is it knows or it's haki-enhanced)
    So i'm not 100% sure if we can make a good comparison.

But it's like u say, he's probably an very strong foe (for zoro to pewn later on), seeing he did it rather easely

So, even though it clearly says "jet pistol" when he attacks those three fishmen, he attacks all 3 simultaneously. In my mind this makes it more like a gattling attack. Ive always been under the impression that on a per-strike ratio, the gattling gun is weaker than the pistol; my point being that Luffy's 3-way jet pistol is likely weaker than the singular version. It is also possible (since it is not clear from the image) that Luffy only pistols the middle guy, but the attack is so powerful that it has a "splash" effect. In this case too, the octo guy is not taking a full on jet pistol attack.

In regards to Madam Shirley's prophecy, the possibility also remains that she is a bad guy and is fabricating the prediction to make Luffy public enemy no. 1.

Also, just to clarify my first post: How sexy is Vivi on the cover page!

Luffy destroying fishman island

I highly doubt it'll be Luffy who'll destroy fishman island but instead it'll be VanderDecken.

1) In VanderDecken's wanted poster we can see that he also has a hat which is very similar to luffy's, thus the vision might have been him destroying the island. It also has the 'ribbon' around it just like luffy's and it's dimensions are slightly larger from the side, and in the vision we see the straw hat a bit larger also then normal.

2) Since VandekDecken sent threats if the marriage proposals aren't accepted, the attack on fishman island be retribution for this. It could also try and force the princess to marry him.

3) This one is what I believe to be the most important point, even if might be seen as minor. When she describes her vision she says that fishman island would be destroy by a human with a ripped straw hat. We all know how precious it is for Luffy and he wouldn't let his hat get torn without fixing it up. Thus I believe this further enforces the idea that's it's VanderDecken as it would fit his image, just like the sails on his ship was torn etc, that worn out look.

I therefore believe that this is to create confusion and to make the merpeople of fishman island to think that Luffy will destroy it when instead it would be VanderDecken with (maybe) Luffy saving the day instead. Thus it sortof turns the table.

Wow... creepy chapter ending, I hope Luffy doesn't get carried away with fighting the new fishmen pirates and ends up destroying the island. Also saw the random baby type thing comeing. can't wait to to see the explination for the prediciton.

PS. Gomu Gomu Storm + Gear 2 + Gear 3 + haki hardening = Gomu Gomu Buster Call
    PSS. Vivi was super hot on the cover

Quote Originally Posted by A Wild Gil Appeared! View Post
    Whoopsies, I was wrong.
    Wrong about what?

Watch it be something not that serious like with the Duval incident, and Madam Shirley is just blowing it all out of proportion. I would so laugh if that's how it all turns out. But, for the time being, unless I haven't been paying attention, Luffy's hat isn't ripped right now. Though, since Shirley is looking into the future, it could get ripped later and the resulting badassery that flows forth from the rip in his hat could cause Fishman Island to implode.... Or maybe not. And yea, there's Van der Decken as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Gypseslice View Post
    Just to put the theory that it might be Van Der Dekken to destroy FI, Madam Shirley did say, "a human with a ripped strawhat"
    http://mangastream.com/read/one_piece/74136489/16
    Well, Luffy is a human. Albeit, a Rubber Human, but human nonetheless. Van der Decken may apply as well, but we don't for sure just yet.