Page 4 of 48 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by wwdotcom View Post
    Hey a lil surprise.

Spoiler!

Oh I guess it's not a surprise anymore. Haters!
    I'm sorry, was that supposed to take the place of something meaningful? No one's surprised, the Heat are going to roll through the regular season. In case you hadn't realized yet, that doesn't really mean much. It doesn't change how weak they are at the 1 and 5. Which will lead to problems in the playoffs. If you want to talk about the Heat then let's talk about the Heat. I'm more than willing to discuss their positives and negatives with you.

Now if you have nothing meaningful to contribute I suggest you just don't post. I have no problem with troll's or trolling as long as they make people think, but meaningless posts that are just there to rile people up will not be tolerated.

Quote Originally Posted by cross777 View Post
    well that is his leverage few teams will take him with out a deal and i do not think melo will take the extension from the nuggets. i think he generally wants out.and at some point money takes a back seat. if they do pull that move and he really does just want out they get no picks no players, nothing but some cap room. and i even read somewhere that depending on whats in the C.B.A. his salary could still be cut after the fact.
    (i do not know the details of what would make that happen but apparently its possible.)
    and you never know he might just say hey ill take my chances and go where he wants to go and deals with the money later. i mean its not unheard of in sports. its a bit rare but it happens. then again thats a hell of a lot of money so you do have a point i am just saying ya never know.
    That's the beauty of all of this, if the Nuggets tried what I suggested Melo could still leave. This is essentially brinkmanship. Melo ultimately holds the trump card, but he can't play that without serious drawbacks. Which is why the Nuggets are trying to trade him, so that neither side has to deal with the consequences of Melo just walking away in free agency.

As for that clause in the new CBA, it most likely won't be included. Remember both the owners and the players association have to agree to the terms of a new CBA and that would be extremely disadvantageous to the players.

Quote Originally Posted by DFX View Post
    I'm sorry, was that supposed to take the place of something meaningful? No one's surprised, the Heat are going to roll through the regular season. In case you hadn't realized yet, that doesn't really mean much. It doesn't change how weak they are at the 1 and 5. Which will lead to problems in the playoffs. If you want to talk about the Heat then let's talk about the Heat. I'm more than willing to discuss their positives and negatives with you.

Now if you have nothing meaningful to contribute I suggest you just don't post. I have no problem with troll's or trolling as long as they make people think, but meaningless posts that are just there to rile people up will not be tolerated.
    Wait! You're overthinking things now DF, okay let us discuss the Heat. What are the things you see that will break em apart by the time playoff comes. I see none! They have all find their answers coz of that visit loss at Dallas last December. So what if Dallas beat em twice now, or that Boston did it too on the regular season. Regular season wins is all about the standings and the homecourt advantage you will need by playoffs and I can see them all goin out to the Finals, remember that the "former Big Three" got their championship on their first year of formation, I see no reason on how can't the Heatles do it too.

On the recent Carmelo trade, I hate to say it but if he is their lookin for cash like Amare, he should go to NJ. And btw, I wasn't trolling you all. My bad.
    What's up Motherf*ckers?!...

Quote Originally Posted by wwdotcom View Post
    Wait! You're overthinking things now DF, okay let us discuss the Heat. What are the things you see that will break em apart by the time playoff comes. I see none! They have all find their answers coz of that visit loss at Dallas last December. So what if Dallas beat em twice now, or that Boston did it too on the regular season. Regular season wins is all about the standings and the homecourt advantage you will need by playoffs and I can see them all goin out to the Finals, remember that the "former Big Three" got their championship on their first year of formation, I see no reason on how can't the Heatles do it too.

On the recent Carmelo trade, I hate to say it but if he is their lookin for cash like Amare, he should go to NJ. And btw, I wasn't trolling you all. My bad.
    Now, this' what I like to see.

I'm not over thinking it. In fact all you need to do is look at their individual stats. Outside of the Three-Headed Monster it's just sad. Now, you compared them to the Celtics when their Big Three formed, yet you neglect to take into account that the Celtics didn't need to blow up their team in order to form them. The Heat's Three-Headed Monster is much better than the Celtics, but the role players are not. When you compare Mario Chalmers, Carlos Arroyo, Joel Anthony, Eric Dampier, or Big Z etc. to Rajon Rondo, Kendrick Perkins, Glen Davis, or Leon Powe etc. you'll see what I mean. The Heat do have some solid role players though. Both Udonis Haslem and Mike Miller are good players, however injuries have significantly stunted their growth with the team. The Heat need more time both to gel more and to improve their rotations. I'm not saying it's impossible for the Heat to win this year, but it will extremely difficult.

As for homecourt, that doesn't really matter when you can barely fill the stands.

I agree, if he wants to make sure he gets the most money he should just agree to NJ.

Now, this' what I like to see.

I'm not over thinking it. In fact all you need to do is look at their individual stats. Outside of the Three-Headed Monster it's just sad. Now, you compared them to the Celtics when their Big Three formed, yet you neglect to take into account that the Celtics didn't need to blow up their team in order to form them. The Heat's Three-Headed Monster is much better than the Celtics, but the role players are not. When you compare Mario Chalmers, Carlos Arroyo, Joel Anthony, Eric Dampier, or Big Z etc. to Rajon Rondo, Kendrick Perkins, Glen Davis, or Leon Powe etc. you'll see what I mean. The Heat do have some solid role players though. Both Udonis Haslem and Mike Miller are good players, however injuries have significantly stunted their growth with the team. The Heat need more time both to gel more and to improve their rotations. I'm not saying it's impossible for the Heat to win this year, but it will extremely difficult.

As for homecourt, that doesn't really matter when you can barely fill the stands.

I agree, if he wants to make sure he gets the most money he should just agree to NJ.
    That's just how the way it is. Basketball is a five man team playing the other five but once the Heatles are on the floor, they're just the ones who fill in the stats. Not too good for the other members, but winning is what important. F*ck! I remember it was Mchale who did the trades back their in 07 for the C's to land Garnett, I hate em when he did that. Yeah! The C's didn't blow up their roster back in 07 in fact they've got the best starters and bench players out their. Sam Cassell and PJ Brown-they got their rings and retired. Compared to the Heat today, they have more on what-minimum payed players but are not all so reliable and Udonis is out due to injury. Remember that Udonis too did got the lesser pay for them to land Mike Miller. Frontcourt players for Heat will lost to Boston now that Udonis is out more entirely for the rest of the season and Boston has Perkins on his day-to-day rehab and could be expected anytime around soon, this will be the challenge for Miami once playoff time comes, forget about Orlando, when you say Florida-you say Miami Heat. Yes, the rotations is what the coaching staff needs to improved most, but as you can see now from the recent wins once Lebron sits, Wade and Bosh plays also goes when Wade and Bosh sits, Lebron plays. The rotation is better now compared to the first month of the season for the Heat.

I think homecourt advantage is still important, haha! Have you watched that Lakers Rockets west semis matchup in 09? I call that Homecourt disadvantage. Haha!

Yeah, its all about money. But for Miami, my team , its about the ring.

Need to prepare for work, will read your reply later.
    Last edited by wwdotcom; 01-11-2011 at 05:48 PM.

As for that clause in the new CBA, it most likely won't be included. Remember both the owners and the players association have to agree to the terms of a new CBA and that would be extremely disadvantageous to the players.
    i agree but if the league given the players something else in return its possible. but either way you right its unlikely the player would accept that. i just hope that the nuggets do not push there luck to much. and your fav reporter is now saying that the deal is drifting further apart because the nuggets keep tweaking the deal.
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=6010542
    Quote Originally Posted by arisart View Post
    Lol, I bet you argue too much with cross. It's not really healthy you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Death View Post
    Hey stick to the topic, quit asking nonsense question about other series or if cross777 is thunder luffy which by the way have different IP addresses.... Next person that goes off topic will be infracted...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Now, I'm going to rename this thread "General NBA discussion" because honestly this thread already encompasses more than just trade discussion and I feel I could save myself a lot of headaches.
    Thanks!

hey guys here is another melo report from every ones favorite reporter Chris Broussard LOL.
    but an up date is an up date and it seems that this deal may be falling apart but here is the video and article
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=6013692
    Hey stick to the topic, quit asking nonsense question about other series or if cross777 is thunder luffy which by the way have different IP addresses.... Next person that goes off topic will be infracted...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Just as I thought. He will stay in Denver.

its not saying that, maybe till the end of the season but its saying that he might not sign a deal with the nets and could likely force a trade with NY or leave after the season but i do not think any one thinks that he will stay with the nuggets long term he seems to just want out, from reports it seems his heart is in the big apple or at least thats what it looks like right now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

He will much likely becoming the next LeBron once that happens. He can have "The Decision...Part2". Now that would be shameful. Well, just I've posted, if he wants to have a higher pay he should leave the Nuggets.