Page 3 of 48 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 472
  1. #21
    Senior Member FenixMarco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Valhalla
    Posts
    3,721
    Quote Originally Posted by Arbitrary View Post
    This was a TRADE DISCUSSION thread. :(
    Discuss away I just didn't think making ANOTHER NBA thread was a good idea.

    NBA Trade discussion

    NBA Free throws discussions

    NBA fouls Discussions

    NBA whats your favorite color and team discussions

  2. #22
    Asce's Loyal Minion DFX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    In Your Head
    Posts
    3,185
    Quote Originally Posted by dct21 View Post
    No fuck clevland and every media outlet who was making such a big deal out of it, like seriously i live in milwaukee and seems like lebron was the only thing they could talk about after the decision.
    Yes because Cleveland totally asked every media outlet in the country to pick the story up so that they could keep rubbing salt in the wound.

    Wow your'e acting like he's obligated to tell you everything hes about to do
    And you act like it wasn't a dick move for him to not at least give the team he'd spent 7 years with a heads up.

    Why blame ,lebron for the decision ESPN is the one who Ok'd. Personally i didn't even watch i was asleep at the time; And that's your'e fault for being to optimistic you should've known he wasn't going sign when we declined an extinction the previous 2 years
    Because he and his business manager went to ESPN with the idea. And I believed that he wasn't coming back especially after that Boston series, but when all these media outlets keep saying he's going back to Cleveland you start to question yourself. But that's neither hear nor there. The point isn't about him leaving, I don't understand why you people can't understand this, I'm pissed about how he left not that he left.

    If he really cared about winning a championship he would have started to surround lebron with better players after the loss to the spurs in the finals in 07 but he did nothing. He went and got delanta west, then a year later mo williams (same position), and last year he chose antwoine jamison over stoudimire cmon son' he doesn't care about winning he just cared about ticket sales.
    Once again your logic astounds me. Winning increases ticket sales, so your point is moot. They tried to bring in people to win. Delonte was a huge upgrade over what they had before, same with mo. Neither played the same position as Delonte always played SG while Mo was at the point. Don't give me that bullshit. You act like they deliberately chose Antawn over Amare. What happened was it went down to the final hours and Phoenix still hadn't made a decision, so instead of being left high and dry they went for the next best option. Would it have been better to pick up Amare? Hells yeah, but shit just didn't turn out that way.

    With that said let's get back on topic.

    Cross, NY should trade for Melo. You see with the CBA expiring after this season no one knows what the salary structure will look like when it finally does get put in place, hence why so many players have gotten extensions or signed new contracts recently. They want to lock in the player friendly rates of this current CBA before the owners try to adjust it. What does this have to do with Melo you might ask? Well since Melo's contract is up after this year he's got two options. The first is to sign an extension and lock himself in at the current rate or he could go with option two which would be to become a free agent and fly blindly into the new CBA without knowing how much he could get. Now he doesn't just have to sign an extension with Denver, he could be traded and then sign, but the closer it comes to free agency the more likely Melo might just give in and sign the extension with Denver.

    As for trading for other people; the Knicks simply don't have the assets to get any trades done.

  3. #23
    Senior Member cross777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    10,778
    Quote Originally Posted by DFX View Post
    With that said let's get back on topic.

    Cross, NY should trade for Melo. You see with the CBA expiring after this season no one knows what the salary structure will look like when it finally does get put in place, hence why so many players have gotten extensions or signed new contracts recently. They want to lock in the player friendly rates of this current CBA before the owners try to adjust it. What does this have to do with Melo you might ask? Well since Melo's contract is up after this year he's got two options. The first is to sign an extension and lock himself in at the current rate or he could go with option two which would be to become a free agent and fly blindly into the new CBA without knowing how much he could get. Now he doesn't just have to sign an extension with Denver, he could be traded and then sign, but the closer it comes to free agency the more likely Melo might just give in and sign the extension with Denver.

    As for trading for other people; the Knicks simply don't have the assets to get any trades done.
    well thats a good point but not a reason for they to sign him but for him to get signed by some one. and that is a good point but i think it would be better to risk it instead of trading away your teams future and current great players. plus as i stated iggy is an option. Philadelphia seems to be at the end of there rope with him and seems to be looking to get cap room. eddy curry's contract would almost get the deal done so throw in Toney Douglas or Roger Mason or both since the 76's still have the 2,192,894 trade exception form dalembert.

    now i am in no way saying that trading for Anthony will not make them better because it will but is it really worth it if you have to give up half the stuff that is making you good right now? i do not think so especially since you still have a chance to get anthony in the off season and any deal for him now would involve new york finding teams to come in to the deal that have draft pick to give and cap room to take on players. and depending on the teams attitudes a trade for Gibson and Varejao is possible financially.

    all i am saying is they should not be to fast to make a huge deal for Anthony they should take there time and see things through first.

    ALSO, melo is now being said to be on his way to the nets in a three team deal with the nets nuggets and pistons in a 14 or more player deal and picks. here is the story http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/n...ory?id=6005596. this almost got done last night but two things were holding it up. on the pistons are reluctant to take petro and i heard to day the nuggets want to change the deal to include al harrenton but the nets do not want him. and from reports on epsn the nets are not worried about melo taking a 3 year extension from them so petro and the nuggets wanting to do more seem to be in my opinion the to major hold ups in the deal.
    Quote Originally Posted by arisart View Post
    Lol, I bet you argue too much with cross. It's not really healthy you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Death View Post
    Hey stick to the topic, quit asking nonsense question about other series or if cross777 is thunder luffy which by the way have different IP addresses.... Next person that goes off topic will be infracted...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  4. #24
    LOL, U MAD? Arbitrary's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    6,178
    Quote Originally Posted by FenixMarco View Post
    Discuss away I just didn't think making ANOTHER NBA thread was a good idea.

    NBA Trade discussion

    NBA Free throws discussions

    NBA fouls Discussions

    NBA whats your favorite color and team discussions
    You're missing the point, hot-head. A simple renaming for the thread would be great.

  5. #25
    Senior Member cross777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    10,778
    Quote Originally Posted by Arbitrary View Post
    You're missing the point, hot-head. A simple renaming for the thread would be great.
    dont worry about it this is a good thread to talk about a very important part of the NBA so do not worry about it.

    now about the post i made this morning about melo. there must be another snag in the trade since it still has not happened yet from what i read it is immanent but two things could hold it up, the pistons not wanting petro or the nuggets wanting more from this trade. from what i have read it seems they want to move al Harrington. so in other words the nuggets wanted to tweak the structure of the trade that almost happened Sunday night. personally it seems pretty shaky and it would not shock me from what i have read and heard if the whole thing falls apart again.
    (P.S. watch a trade will be announced right after i post this LOL.)
    Quote Originally Posted by arisart View Post
    Lol, I bet you argue too much with cross. It's not really healthy you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Death View Post
    Hey stick to the topic, quit asking nonsense question about other series or if cross777 is thunder luffy which by the way have different IP addresses.... Next person that goes off topic will be infracted...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  6. #26
    Asce's Loyal Minion DFX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    In Your Head
    Posts
    3,185
    Quote Originally Posted by cross777 View Post
    dont worry about it this is a good thread to talk about a very important part of the NBA so do not worry about it.

    now about the post i made this morning about melo. there must be another snag in the trade since it still has not happened yet from what i read it is immanent but two things could hold it up, the pistons not wanting petro or the nuggets wanting more from this trade. from what i have read it seems they want to move al Harrington. so in other words the nuggets wanted to tweak the structure of the trade that almost happened Sunday night. personally it seems pretty shaky and it would not shock me from what i have read and heard if the whole thing falls apart again.
    (P.S. watch a trade will be announced right after i post this LOL.)
    You mean the post that you made before, but deleted and reposted with a little bit of new perspective because no one had replied to you?

    Let's forget the fact this whole Net's-Nuggets trade hinges on whether or not Melo is willing to sign an extension. Let's also forget the fact that this isn't the first Melo trade that's been "almost complete". Denver is doing what it should be, trying to get every last asset they can for their franchise player. They're doing everything possible to not end up in the same situation as the Cavs. What's most likely going to happen is one of three things. Melo can can tell the Nuggets that he won't sign with anyone, but the Knicks forcing the Nuggets to accept the Knicks package, which is inferior to the Nets due to them having less trade assets. The Nuggets can keep tweaking their offer and try to squeeze every last asset out of the Nets. Or they rope a fourth team into the current trade scenario to help facilitate the moving of Harrington and Petro. Whichever one happens it's most likely not going to happen too soon no matter what Chris "I talk out of both sides of my mouth" Broussard says. It'll happen closer to the deadline so that whatever picks the Nuggets get from the Nets stay as valuable as possible.

    Now, I'm going to rename this thread "General NBA discussion" because honestly this thread already encompasses more than just trade discussion and I feel I could save myself a lot of headaches.

  7. #27
    Senior Member cross777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    10,778
    yeah sorry i just re posted it because i did not want to delete it or double post. i take it that you are not a big Broussard fan LOL.
    i was just passing on the info, i really think he just wants to go to NY. also, i think it comes down to how he thinks of the financial situation in the NBA next year. and he could black ball the nuggets in to trading him to NY or keeping him. the thing is it would be so easy to do that why has he not put this trade down yet if he is not at least considering going to NJ? i think it will come down to money, if the pro NY people around him convince him that its bet to hold out for the big apple then thats where he will go, but if he is convinced that because of the C.B.A. that its better to attempt to lock in a contract now then thats what he will do.
    Quote Originally Posted by arisart View Post
    Lol, I bet you argue too much with cross. It's not really healthy you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Death View Post
    Hey stick to the topic, quit asking nonsense question about other series or if cross777 is thunder luffy which by the way have different IP addresses.... Next person that goes off topic will be infracted...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  8. #28
    Asce's Loyal Minion DFX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    In Your Head
    Posts
    3,185
    Quote Originally Posted by cross777 View Post
    yeah sorry i just re posted it because i did not want to delete it or double post. i take it that you are not a big Broussard fan LOL.
    i was just passing on the info, i really think he just wants to go to NY. also, i think it comes down to how he thinks of the financial situation in the NBA next year. and he could black ball the nuggets in to trading him to NY or keeping him. the thing is it would be so easy to do that why has he not put this trade down yet if he is not at least considering going to NJ? i think it will come down to money, if the pro NY people around him convince him that its bet to hold out for the big apple then thats where he will go, but if he is convinced that because of the C.B.A. that its better to attempt to lock in a contract now then thats what he will do.
    Trade wise, Melo has little to no leverage. The Nuggets could trade him to the Clippers and he couldn't do a thing about it. He can't force them to trade him to NY or anywhere else he wants. However, the teams that do want him want to make sure that he signs an extension. Now the Nuggets could be really devious and could be pretending to trade him yet wait until past deadline giving him the choice to either lock himself in under the current player-friendly CBA by signing an extension with Denver oooooorrrrr letting him fend for himself under the unknown terms of a new CBA. You see, the reason last year's FA class was so exciting is that everyone that could opt out or get an extension did so that they could lock themselves in under the current CBA. Melo didn't have this choice, so he's got to deal with this now. It doesn't matter if the pro-NY people push him to NY, he's essentially said he wants to play there already, because Melo's concerned about money and if he can't get the most money in his preferred destination he just might settle.

    And yes, I do not like Broussard. He shot his credibility to hell in my eyes this past Summer with all the wild shit he was spouting, actually all of ESPN did but that's a different story. Now since this is pertinent:

    WojYahooNBA Adrian Wojnarowski
    Y! Sources: Denver threatens New Jersey: Unless tone changes in 'Melo talks, watch us trade him to Knicks. http://tinyurl.com/4hyje8y

  9. #29
    Senior Member wwdotcom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    14°35′N 121°0′E
    Posts
    1,784
    Hey a lil surprise.

    Spoiler!


    Oh I guess it's not a surprise anymore. Haters!
    What's up Motherf*ckers?!...

  10. #30
    Senior Member cross777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    10,778
    Quote Originally Posted by DFX View Post
    Trade wise, Melo has little to no leverage. The Nuggets could trade him to the Clippers and he couldn't do a thing about it. He can't force them to trade him to NY or anywhere else he wants. However, the teams that do want him want to make sure that he signs an extension. Now the Nuggets could be really devious and could be pretending to trade him yet wait until past deadline giving him the choice to either lock himself in under the current player-friendly CBA by signing an extension with Denver oooooorrrrr letting him fend for himself under the unknown terms of a new CBA. You see, the reason last year's FA class was so exciting is that everyone that could opt out or get an extension did so that they could lock themselves in under the current CBA. Melo didn't have this choice, so he's got to deal with this now. It doesn't matter if the pro-NY people push him to NY, he's essentially said he wants to play there already, because Melo's concerned about money and if he can't get the most money in his preferred destination he just might settle.

    And yes, I do not like Broussard. He shot his credibility to hell in my eyes this past Summer with all the wild shit he was spouting, actually all of ESPN did but that's a different story. Now since this is pertinent:
    well that is his leverage few teams will take him with out a deal and i do not think melo will take the extension from the nuggets. i think he generally wants out.and at some point money takes a back seat. if they do pull that move and he really does just want out they get no picks no players, nothing but some cap room. and i even read somewhere that depending on whats in the C.B.A. his salary could still be cut after the fact.
    (i do not know the details of what would make that happen but apparently its possible.)
    and you never know he might just say hey ill take my chances and go where he wants to go and deals with the money later. i mean its not unheard of in sports. its a bit rare but it happens. then again thats a hell of a lot of money so you do have a point i am just saying ya never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by arisart View Post
    Lol, I bet you argue too much with cross. It's not really healthy you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Death View Post
    Hey stick to the topic, quit asking nonsense question about other series or if cross777 is thunder luffy which by the way have different IP addresses.... Next person that goes off topic will be infracted...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •