Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: fuinjutsu

Quote Originally Posted by psukkar View Post
    Ninjutsu is just a word to label all techniques that use chakra.
    As well as a category where all elemental techniques and various other techniques fall under. It's not just an umbrella term. What you've mentioned are things that factor into the creation of a particular technique and aren't really categories under ninjutsu as every technique uses one (Rasengan), two (Chidori), or all of those aspects (Naruto's future Bijuu RasenBomb).

Quote Originally Posted by Afro Thunda View Post
    As well as a category where all elemental techniques and various other techniques fall under. It's not just an umbrella term. What you've mentioned are things that factor into the creation of a particular technique and aren't really categories under ninjutsu as every technique uses one (Rasengan), two (Chidori), or all of those aspects (Naruto's future Bijuu RasenBomb).
    Yea , I understand thats how its been used.

It was just my opinion that it would be easier to identify the chakra manipulation to identy what a technique falls under. Rather than the sub category terms of ninjutsu being genjutsu, taijutsu, fuinjutsu and less general term of the word ninjutsu(like u said usally labels elemental jutsu).

It can get confusing, like the disscusion of what really is the "summoning" and "flying god" techniques as they both have aspects of sealing and time-space techniques.

Kishi recently re-labelled genjutsu users into its orgins "yin user". I think its good act to follow as the techniques in the future are going to get more and more compicated and terms like sealing jutsu or genjutsu or ninjutsu won't cut it anymore. Particlualy things that involve a couple catgeories due to its complex method of creation.

I see. Well, I'm of the opinion that people may be making it more complicated than it really is. The Summoning technique really doesn't have anything to do with sealing. I don't see how anyone could make a connection like that. Nothing is being sealed. Same with the Flying Thunder God technique. There's no sealing involved with that. Nothing gets sealed when the technique is used.

Anyway, I'm not so sure about this "Yin/Yang user" business. I'm seeing that as something that will describe a whole list of abilities that people might specialize in. In other words, an umbrella term. I highly doubt that "Yin Element user" will be used to describe only a person who specializes in genjutsu. So I'm thinking there will be your Yin Elementals with a set of abilities they specialize in, and likewise with the Yang Elementals. But for now, I'm personally trying to hold off the Yin/Yang stuff as Kishi still has yet to go in depth to what it all means to a ninja. I figure the day he explains it in detail can't be far off. Perhaps in the next Databook?

Quote Originally Posted by thorofasgard13 View Post

Now that we've defined seals, qualitatively at least, what is your theory on them?
    My theory is that Naruto already knows fuinjutsu of the type used by or involving jinchuriki and some others.
    At the start of naruto part 2 he summoned/unsealed a shuriken.
    When he met Geratora he didn't know what to do with it but ever since he has been sealing and unsealing the kyubi chakra and storing things in his mouth.
    This implies that he had enough fuinjutsu knowledge at the start of part 2 to quickly learn the probably advanced fuinjutsu of the key on Geratora and the principles behind storing things inside himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Afro Thunda View Post
    I see. Well, I'm of the opinion that people may be making it more complicated than it really is. The Summoning technique really doesn't have anything to do with sealing. I don't see how anyone could make a connection like that. Nothing is being sealed. Same with the Flying Thunder God technique. There's no sealing involved with that. Nothing gets sealed when the technique is used.
    The thing is the word seal makes me think of a jar of jam with the lid very tightly closed or
    authenticating stamp:
    a ring or stamp with a raised or engraved symbol or emblem that is pressed into wax in order to certify a signature or authenticate a document
    wax marked with seal:
    a piece of wax bearing the mark of a seal
    symbol of office: a device, emblem, or symbol that is a mark of office
    Personally lean towards the defination of seal that is Synonymous with the word sigil ( a sign or image that is supposed to have magical power) the reason for this should be obvious.
    Furthermore if you look at seals as magical symbols it creates a link with hand signs.

I don't see seals (handseals, markers, exploding tags and the like) and sealing techniques (Shiki Fujin, Naruto's seal on his stomach, the Hachibi's seal and the like) as the same thing because they aren't. I mean, we can all see that the Shiki Fujin is much, much more different than an exploding tag. Unless of course, there's people sealing explosions in paper, that is... Would be one hell of a dangerous job, I'd think.