• She save Ichigo, but is killed by other Espada

9 34.62%
  • She saves Ichigo and moves to soul society

0 0%
  • She save Ichigo, goes to live on Earth with the gang

15 57.69%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia
    Nell might be good now, but the flashack will show us how she really was.

Spoiler!

Why don't more people read these mangas?

And I'd like to see a nice flashback for a change. It's usually bad ones :/

In Haruhi-sama's *worships* Grace and Guiding Light
    Just cuz they hunt on humans don't make Hollows bad. Bad is a perspective point on which you take on side and the other is bad. Bad is everything that goes against my wishes and good everything that make them come true. Nell is good (at least with Ichigo but I believe she is truly good) and there is also Orihime's brother. In contradiction you have the guy who wanted to kill the parakeet who was just plain violent and took pleasure out of others suffering. In the end it all comes down to how you were as a human and I think most Hollows (those who have conscience) are simply surviving just as Grimmjow says they'r afraid and that's all they know as Menos.

Let the pervert inside of you awaken!

Join the SOS Brigade or else...

You may be good, but I'm Draciel!

May Haruhi-sama *worships* save us all

Well since Espada have their own personalities, it's probable that they know the difference between right and wrong, and can make a decision on whether to be good or bad.

You should check out my post in the 2nd page of hollow thread....its kinda long so i dont want to repost it but basicly the psyche stabalizing the animal when the hollow becomes an arrancar lets them make educated choices.....at least thats the best i can figure.....dont forget Nell's Bros. are hollows too and not evil at all.

Okay, Once a hollow becomes an arrancar, they are then able to make moral/value judgements, right?

So if this is true, why wouldn't a good arancar simply allow a Shinigami to purify him/her, instead of trying ti kill Shinigami, and eating human souls? We have seen a few hollows agree to this.

The problem is with the arancars that go on (evolve) to become Espada. In order to have gone that far, they would have had and rejected opportunities for Shinigami purification.

Or do arancar no longer have to eat souls to survive?

Quote Originally Posted by paulbee View Post
    Okay, Once a hollow becomes an arrancar, they are then able to make moral/value judgements, right?

So if this is true, why wouldn't a good arancar simply allow a Shinigami to purify him/her, instead of trying ti kill Shinigami, and eating human souls? We have seen a few hollows agree to this.
    We dont know that arrancar can be purified. Plus if they were they would probaly revert to being a normal plus in SS. Why give up all that power when you could just use it for good? Two examples for this.

1) Orihime's brother was a normal hollow and submitted to ichigo

2) When the Hollow that was hunting the boy in the bird at the begining of the series was killed he went to hell, do not pass go, dont clense your soul.

I have posed the theory that an arrancar could possibly be "un-hollowized" by Orihime's powers. She could "heal" their hole.

The problem is with the arancars that go on (evolve) to become Espada. In order to have gone that far, they would have had and rejected opportunities for Shinigami purification.
    First (no offense Im just being a picky otaku) Arrancar dont "evolve" to espada it is a station earned by display of power or skill. Truth be told Most espada probably havent seen a shinigami since none have left Las Noches in many years. Urhara and Ishin mention they have not seen arrancar in a long time. Since none of the current generation of shinigami even know about them (even captins) should tell you how common shinigami/arrancar encounters are.

Or do arancar no longer have to eat souls to survive?
    As far as we know Hollows don't HAVE to eat souls to survive. It is an urge caused by their hollow souls. But in theory like the concept of the Reluctant Vampire that will not kill or attack to quench their bloodlust, a hollow could fight that urge. Now a Menos must continue to eat other menos to retain their dominant personality or else it will dissovle into an atomiton like hive mind. By what we have seen of the Arrancar once the they have broken the mask and regained some form of a psyche the Menos Cannabalism stops becauce the risk of falling back into the hive mind is no more.

Now as for Arrancar reform....most of them are so evil from being hollows or were evil souls before they even became hollow that they have no reason to change, But a soul that was innocent that was not saved by shinigami from hollow attack and turned would have a chance to be good agin if it were to become an Arrancar and regain its psyche(moral/innocent personality)

If you want a realy good concept of the dueality of souls check out the White Wolf RPG game Wraith:the Oblivion. Many concepts including the Psyche/Shadow lend themselves very well to bleach. Interesting similarity between the Hierarchy and Soul Society.

Thanks to you and everyone who've tried to my question.

What do you all suppose would be the best outcome for Nell. If she has become good as it appears, and if she survives the current encounter with Noitoria, then what is going to happen to her?

a) She obviously can't stay in Las Noches. I can't imagine Aizen leaving a good-guy Espada unmolested.

b) It is unlikely that rigid, arrogant, narrow-minded soul society would let her in. (They too hastily declared Orihime as a traitor).

c) That leaves Earth. I suppose she could spend eternity on earth, if the good-guys won the coming war vs Aizen.

(Hi mom, my girlfriend is a hollow. Yeah! plus she's invisible.)
    Last edited by paulbee; 09-30-2007 at 10:20 PM.

i would like too go with (C) but its probably going to be (D)- Nell dies saving berry-chan

(D) is horrible..

My theory would be something like (C). If she survives the whole rescue Orihime operation (she will!), She'd be able to live in the real world waiting for the winter war. In the meantime, she can help out Ichigo and the other with some training. There must be something a former #3 has to come with?

It's okay.. I'll finish this right away.