2 7.69%
  • She save Ichigo, but is killed by other Espada

9 34.62%
  • She saves Ichigo and moves to soul society

0 0%
  • She save Ichigo, goes to live on Earth with the gang

15 57.69%
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

One Piece How Can There be any Good Espada / What will happen to Nell?

From my understanding of Bleach, it should be impossible for there to be a good-guy Espada, and for now at least it appears that Nell is a good-guy (okay, gal).

Espada are highly evolved Hollows. And a hollow has to feed on human souls to survive, and evolve (bad guy territory right there).

Regular Hollows become higher ranked after eating fellow hollows. This seems to me like a savage, merciless, dog-eat-dog existence. And a hollow has to do many cruel things to exist, much less to evolve.

In my eyes, only the most savage or deceptively clever Hollow can rise up the food chain, all the way to becoming an Espada.

Can someone please explain what kind of circumstances could allow how a good-guy Espada like Nell to exist in Hueco Mundo. Isn't this an inconsistency in the story?
    Last edited by paulbee; 10-01-2007 at 11:20 AM. Reason: Better to EDit tittle than to create a new and similar thread I guess

well Nell was probably meaner, but she got smacked on the head and thrown out of las noches. She already has a grudge against the espada and anyone else in las noches. Also Ichigo protected her before she became uber pwnage. So I think shes this way half because of revenge and half because shes repaying Ichigo for protecting her.
    http://http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s122/hyrulesengulfingdark/ichigo.jpg

can´t hollows become arancar just by taking the mask of? and the stronger ones are espada?
    and even before aizen came there were hollows who did this... so maybe nell just removed her mask and and after that was so strong that she was an espade a few years ago.

who says she has to be good or evil? she's in the gray area in my opinion.

also i'm sure demons can become good to some extent just like an angel can sin and become a fallen angel, in chistianty satan was one of the seraphim those closest to "god" or something like that but he sure turned out to evil

IMO when a hollow becomes an arrancar it regains it's human personality (aswell as appearance), maybe only a little, maybe abit more for others. Not all hollows are born from evil spirits. Therefore, not all arrancar must be evil. It'd even be possible for an evil arrancar to change and become good.

Quote Originally Posted by paulbee View Post
    Espada are highly evolved Hollows. And a hollow has to feed on human souls to survive, and evolve (bad guy territory right there).

Regular Hollows become higher ranked after eating fellow hollows. This seems to me like a savage, merciless, dog-eat-dog existence. And a hollow has to do many cruel things to exist, much less to evolve.

Can someone please explain what kind of circumstances could allow how a good-guy Espada like Nell to exist in Hueco Mundo. Isn't this an inconsistency in the story?
    Well a hollow eats to survive, as we humans eat other animals, are we evil? Just because they are eating us doesn't make them evil, it makes us unlucky for being the their favourite food. Hollows are driven by instinct, once they take their masks off they control their instinct and in theory no longer need to keep eating, it's almost like humans, the hollows climb their way up from savage wild beasts to intelligent and powerful creatures.

Quote Originally Posted by 12LetterName View Post
    Well a hollow eats to survive, as we humans eat other animals, are we evil? Just because they are eating us doesn't make them evil, it makes us unlucky for being the their favourite food. Hollows are driven by instinct, once they take their masks off they control their instinct and in theory no longer need to keep eating, it's almost like humans, the hollows climb their way up from savage wild beasts to intelligent and powerful creatures.
    Very well put i retract my previous post

Evil Hollows

Quote Originally Posted by 12LetterName View Post
    Well, here is my problem with that idea.

A) Hollows are intelligent beings and they love feeding on humans and terrorising them. If given a chance to be saved, most would prefer to remain hollows. That is why Shinigami have to fight them most of the time.

B) Remember the movie "Alien" where the Sleazoids need living human hosts to lay eggs in in order to survive? We all I presume have noproblem thinking the Alien Sleazoid creatures were evil, at least BAD. I guess I tend to consider anything that prays on humans as BAD, and i'll happily dispatch of one via any means neccessary.

It is noteworthy that up until now with nell, all other Hollows have been dark, menacing, kill-you-first-chance I-get things, so I am willing to conceed that Nell may be making a special case/exception for Ichigo.

Doesn't the Manga define Hollows to be evil spirits? The point is that I am doubtful if Nell can continue being "Good", unless she is purified by a Shinigami, the alternative may be that she reverts back to a Gillian and her personality is lost if she refuses to eat others, or she succumbs to hunger and become a predator.

If I were Ichigo, I'll keep one cautious eye open for Nell.

Quote Originally Posted by paulbee View Post
    Well, here is my problem with that idea.

Doesn't the Manga define Hollows to be evil spirits? The point is that I am doubtful if Nell can continue being "Good", unless she is purified by a Shinigami, the alternative may be that she reverts back to a Gillian and her personality is lost if she refuses to eat others, or she succumbs to hunger and become a predator.
    I hope this is incorrect ^_^ else i'd be sad, seeing Nel go :/

Mind f*cked beyond repair Stev3child's Avatar
    Arrancars have free will and can do whatever they want to. Exept when Aizen puts them in check.