• |3| Average

1 7.14%
  • |2| Bad

0 0%
  • |1| Terrible

0 0%
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

One Piece Fairy Tail Chapter 216 - "The Essence of Magic"

Last edited by Rokudaime Sennin ™; 12-27-2010 at 01:47 AM.
    A bridge towards peace; the will of fire still endures!

Rokudaime Hokage, Rokudaime Rikudou Sennin Uzumaki Naruto

Yeah my favorite character is coming back
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kick me high, hit me low, spit on me it's gonna take more than that to break my soul.

A bit surprised to get this so early but it is an awesome late Christmas present from Mashima. Might have to wait a while for the next one then but for right now I'll enjoy this one.

Hades is a powerhouse no doubt about it. He completely handed a total defeat to Makarov without so much as getting touched. Part of that can be attributed to Makarov's surprise at seeing a former ally turned enemy but still talk about a difference in strength. His declining health in the past few arcs played a part as well.

Chains and piercing beams are a unique set to see, wonder what else Hades is capable of. The essence of magic will play a pivotal role later on, possibly intertwining with the dragons and Zeref.

If Grimoire's Kin are anything like their master Fairy Tail will be lucky just to come away with minimal losses. Azuma already took down a three team force, and the master's been given an utter beatdown by his predecesor.

This might be Makarov's swan song, and Laxus may be the last thing keeping him alive until he can reconcile and then move on peacefully. He'll inherit his grandfather's will and become a Fairy Tail mainstay, with the master position going to either him or Gildartz. By the way Laxus has never looked so badass.

Great overall chap and things can only get better from here. Not so much for Fairy Tail seeing as they look to be instore for some harsh fights. They're definitely not out to a good start.

As long as everything just keeps on flowing forward, then that's already enough.
    Where there's a will there's a way!
    Spoiler!

first of all, front page DAMN!
    and now time to be serious

awsome master fight, love makarov action
    hades use chain magic, beam, and more is cool
    i dont think makarov wil die but he wil probebly give upp the master titel

looking forward to laxus kicing some ass

Great chapter! Too bad about Makarov but at least Laxus is coming back.

Manga reading list: Bleach, Naruto, Katekyo Hitman Reborn, One Piece, Code Breaker, Gamaran, Kuroko No Basket, Fairy Tail, The World God Only Knows, Kimi No Iru Machi, Good Ending, Medaka Box, Nisekoi, D.Gray-Man, Ao No Exorcist, Freezing, Magi - Labyrinth of Magic, Soul Eater, Rosario Vampire Season II, Iris Zero, Ubell Blatt, Bloody Cross, Sun-Ken Rock, and Infinite Stratos,

WOW EPIC MASTER FIGHT
    and poor makarov :(
    but YES Laxus and is it just me or does he look less cynical to any one else. i wonder if he is any where close or if he had a run in with his dad yet? and i have a feeling he wont make it back in till after the battle is over, but i hope he can some how make it in time to save the day.
    Quote Originally Posted by arisart View Post
    Lol, I bet you argue too much with cross. It's not really healthy you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Death View Post
    Hey stick to the topic, quit asking nonsense question about other series or if cross777 is thunder luffy which by the way have different IP addresses.... Next person that goes off topic will be infracted...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Trilight View Post
    A bit surprised to get this so early but it is an awesome late Christmas present from Mashima. Might have to wait a while for the next one then but for right now I'll enjoy this one.

Hades is a powerhouse no doubt about it. He completely handed a total defeat to Makarov without so much as getting touched. Part of that can be attributed to Makarov's surprise at seeing a former ally turned enemy but still talk about a difference in strength. His declining health in the past few arcs played a part as well.

Chains and piercing beams are a unique set to see, wonder what else Hades is capable of. The essence of magic will play a pivotal role later on, possibly intertwining with the dragons and Zeref.

If Grimoire's Kin are anything like their master Fairy Tail will be lucky just to come away with minimal losses. Azuma already took down a three team force, and the master's been given an utter beatdown by his predecesor.

This might be Makarov's swan song, and Laxus may be the last thing keeping him alive until he can reconcile and then move on peacefully. He'll inherit his grandfather's will and become a Fairy Tail mainstay, with the master position going to either him or Gildartz. By the way Laxus has never looked so badass.

Great overall chap and things can only get better from here. Not so much for Fairy Tail seeing as they look to be instore for some harsh fights. They're definitely not out to a good start.
    Makarov's already dead/defeated damn, this was a awesome chapter, going very similar to what I was saying 11-15 chapters ago. I'm still leaning towards Makarov's dead here,not right now but his life will be gone in this arc, I could see Mashima pulling some final sacrifice act with him later. So so so awesomely surprised with Laxus, looking forward to how they will settle the next master position between him and Gildratz. I still think Gildratz will get it. I hope Laxus got in contact with the thunderdragon or something instead of being a steroid forced version dragonslayer. Think that essence of magic thing is probably only going be able to be stopped by Dragons since they are high resistance to magic in the first place. Instead of mixing with one another.

The Emperor of Everything dct21's Avatar
    awesome chapter

i can't believe that luxus inherited his his will but i guess thats only natural. makorov was beaten endlessly like a rag doll, i don't see fairy tail coming out of this victorious

am Start
    in most of the arcs we read, makarov was taken down from the start and fairy tail still made it. just wait, and everything will clear up.
    Wenn ich nicht hier bin, bin ich aufm Sonnendeck...

Lollipop Candy ♥BAD♥ girl daz bonez's Avatar
    First page is a topless Lucy. It truly is Fairy Tail.

So, magic is inherently evil and created by Zeref? That's what I got from the exposition dropped in this chapter.

For a moment Makarov's death, I'd expect more time to be spent on it. Though, I guess there's always the option to show flashbacks next chapter or have him lay there bleeding and conviently not-die until the others find him to drag the tears out.

But Hades power WTF....one of the 10 holy mages, the master of fairy tail who owned villians in the past was pwned like fodder. This power difference between these two is to much.

RIP Makarov unless some shitty healing magic can help him (I'm speaking of you, Wendy!).
    And really great to see Laxus again he alone give this chap 4 me... hope he'll save the day

Quote Originally Posted by xioaxioa View Post
    Fisher Tiger is a punk ass bitch.

-----credit to Maximo for the kick ass ava----