View Poll Results: Rate The Chapter!

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • |5| Excellent

    11 78.57%
  • |4| Good

    2 14.29%
  • |3| Average

    1 7.14%
  • |2| Bad

    0 0%
  • |1| Terrible

    0 0%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 33
  1. #11
    Veteran Member Himura Battousai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Im trapped in Kakashis Kamui jutsu with Deidaras arm
    Posts
    1,481
    Yummy Lucy.......wasnt expecting a FT chap this week but im not complaining

    Guess I was wrong about Laxus not being shown until next Arc. But this doesnt mean Laxus is definitely going to show up. Makarov might live long enough to give Natsu and co one last mission..........to find Laxus and tell him that he is the new master.

  2. #12
    Senior Member cross777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    10,776
    Quote Originally Posted by daz bonez View Post
    For a moment Makarov's death, I'd expect more time to be spent on it. Though, I guess there's always the option to show flashbacks next chapter or have him lay there bleeding and conviently not-die until the others find him to drag the tears out.

    But Hades power WTF....one of the 10 holy mages, the master of fairy tail who owned villians in the past was pwned like fodder. This power difference between these two is to much.
    yeah he could hang on for a bit, they could do the whole try to heal him thing with wendy then she says there nothing more i can do or something like that. IDK he could make it but that doubtful at best.

    yeah and about hades crazy for sure. but when he said he dances freely with magic i think he meant that he just has full control over pure magical power. like i do not think he has a cretin type of magic but like he did with the chains and the beam he just made them out of pure magic. the same way he just pulled those uber spells out of no where. either way he is just an epic beast. i even have my doubts now about a non restrained gildartz being able to hold out against this monster.
    Quote Originally Posted by Himura Battousai View Post
    Guess I was wrong about Laxus not being shown until next Arc. But this doesnt mean Laxus is definitely going to show up. Makarov might live long enough to give Natsu and co one last mission..........to find Laxus and tell him that he is the new master.
    yeah i do not know about him showing up at the battle either i kind of doubt it. as soon as makorov's said the thing about his spirit reaching him and he said what was this feeling i though right away that maybe there will be some king of magical version of a jedi force ghost thing from star wars. like makarov's spirit delivers the message to laxus or something like that. but that is only my guess (and i just watched a weekend long star wars marathon LOL).

    but who knows. but if that crazy long shot of a guess does not happen, my other best guess would be that he shows up at the guild right after the battle cuz he got some crazy feeling to come back and end up showing up right at the funeral or something like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by arisart View Post
    Lol, I bet you argue too much with cross. It's not really healthy you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Death View Post
    Hey stick to the topic, quit asking nonsense question about other series or if cross777 is thunder luffy which by the way have different IP addresses.... Next person that goes off topic will be infracted...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  3. #13
    Senior Member joshecalpoly's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Anywhere I want to be
    Posts
    1,597
    Ok I didnt see Laxus' return as a good guy coming. I knew Makarov was going to get pwned but that was almost to sad to watch.
    Pandaman FOR PRESDIENT

  4. #14
    pirate hunter arisart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    land of the rising sun
    Posts
    2,574
    Quote Originally Posted by FenixMarco View Post
    Makarov's already dead/defeated damn, this was a awesome chapter, going very similar to what I was saying 11-15 chapters ago. I'm still leaning towards Makarov's dead here,not right now but his life will be gone in this arc, I could see Mashima pulling some final sacrifice act with him later. So so so awesomely surprised with Laxus, looking forward to how they will settle the next master position between him and Gildratz. I still think Gildratz will get it. I hope Laxus got in contact with the thunderdragon or something instead of being a steroid forced version dragonslayer. Think that essence of magic thing is probably only going be able to be stopped by Dragons since they are high resistance to magic in the first place. Instead of mixing with one another.
    I tell you right now, Laxus will be a better leader than Gildartz. He's younger, arrogant and has a tendency to be evil. He'll turn FT to a more aggresive guild. If Makarov dies here he might even swear to take down all the dark guilds. That would be fun. Gildartz is more mature and calm and will calculate every possible actions before executing it. He'll be boring compare to the chaos Laxus will bring to FT.

    On to the chapter. Man, Hades is just in another level. Just the speed on how he conjures up his magic is no where near Makarov's. RIP Makarov. I prefer him die but this is a magical world so Mashima can always pull a fast one on us.

    sig made by me

  5. #15
    King Dingaling Muddafuher One Piece's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    New World
    Posts
    905
    I agree that Laxus being leader would overall be a more entertaining fairy tail. Ironically, Laxus wanted to just turn the guild stronger and more agressive, which is exactly what they need right now this this moment. He just went about it like a douche the first time around...

    But idk, it's about 50/50 on Laxus actually showing up the the island. He would know exactly where his grandfather is at during this time of year since he had to do the S-class exam but we have no clue how far away he is.

    Gildartz/Fried/Bixlow are definitely on their way back to the island. There's no way they couldn't feel both Makarov's and Hade's magical presence collide with each other on the boat.

    I'm going with FT somehow suprisingly pulls off the win against grimoire heart, probably with zeref's help; most likely explaining the "essence of magic" to natsu and sadly the weakness of this manga shows and natsu defeats hades. They all head back with Makarov's dying body, Laxus arrives and starts crying, Makarov sees that Laxus has gotten back on the right path and makes him Leader.
    So then we get a sad chapter for makarov, then a lucy narrative chapter, and some FT headquarter chapters with Laxus as leader with the guild being very unstable. Now, with Makarov gone, Raven Tail and Laxus' Father comes to try to destroy FT and get the Lacryma out of Laxus. In the end, the guild comes together with everyone accepting Laxus as the master when they see he truly does care about them and FT now and they defeat Raven Tail.

    Click to get your very own:Superrr~ Cross777 repellent^

    There's a saying in the OP forums which goes like this..."If a new unidentified character is wearing a hat, he must be Sabo!"...Yeah, take that Obitio/Tobi/Madara theorists!

    Spoiler!

  6. #16
    Senior Member cross777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    10,776
    Quote Originally Posted by arisart View Post
    I tell you right now, Laxus will be a better leader than Gildartz. He's younger, arrogant and has a tendency to be evil. He'll turn FT to a more aggresive guild. If Makarov dies here he might even swear to take down all the dark guilds. That would be fun. Gildartz is more mature and calm and will calculate every possible actions before executing it. He'll be boring compare to the chaos Laxus will bring to FT.

    On to the chapter. Man, Hades is just in another level. Just the speed on how he conjures up his magic is no where near Makarov's. RIP Makarov. I prefer him die but this is a magical world so Mashima can always pull a fast one on us.
    that would be an interesting twist LOL.
    i hope we see more of him next chapter instead of them going straight back to the battle and then in the back part of next chapter i hope the real fighting gets going. also i really hope no one runs in to hades i really do not want to see a slaughter go down after seeing makarov beat down like he was. but yeah i hope at the back half of next chapter we see the formation of some of the match ups that we will see.
    Quote Originally Posted by arisart View Post
    Lol, I bet you argue too much with cross. It's not really healthy you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Death View Post
    Hey stick to the topic, quit asking nonsense question about other series or if cross777 is thunder luffy which by the way have different IP addresses.... Next person that goes off topic will be infracted...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  7. #17
    Weirdest Fangirl Ever streetbum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    332
    Anyone saying that Laxus would be a rash leader and try to beef up Fairy Tail is clearly wrong. Laxus obviously changed his ways since he got his ass handed to him by Natsu, you could tell with the end of the arc he got thrown out and didn't care and also told the Raijin Tribe to stay and be friends with Fairy Tail. That was not the Laxus we knew before.

  8. #18
    I believe that Laxus will definitely show up on the island. I think Makarov set up some kind of emergency communication with laxus in case something like this happened. If this is true, Laxus got the message, and is on his way to the island.

    As I recall, Laxus is the only person besides Makarov and Hades (even though it is Grimoire Law for him) known to be able to use use Fairy Law. In my opinion, Fairy Law will be the only way to even stand a chance against Grimoire Heart. I think Laxus will show up and see how dire the situation is, and that his grandfather is near death (or dead), and come up with some plan to use Fairy law without Hades knowing.

    I'm probably off by miles, but it's just a interesting theory i came up with.

  9. #19
    Senior Member FenixMarco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Valhalla
    Posts
    3,704
    ^Oh shit ! I forgot laxus had that move, derp! 1 of my reasons for both Hades and Marakov dying this arc got shot down. If Laxus shows up to the island, than Gildratz,Fried and Bixlow will definitely get there before him. Assuming Laxus is extremely far away, 1 been traveling away from the guild on land, 2 they are on a island that is not so easy to track, unless you know the path? Raftel aye? aye? Called it!

    Quote Originally Posted by cross777 View Post
    yeah i do not know about him showing up at the battle either i kind of doubt it.
    Are you serious?! Since he was shown in a flashback after the fried/Bixlow battle with Lucy and Cana you have posted nearly 10 times every fucking chapter thread.

    " Hey guys Laxus is returning, good chance he coming back, he'll come back in this arc with Gildratz,Bixlow and Fried and Gin !"

    Quote Originally Posted by joshecalpoly View Post
    Ok I didnt see Laxus' return as a good guy coming. I knew Makarov was going to get pwned but that was almost to sad to watch.
    lol

    Quote Originally Posted by arisart View Post
    I tell you right now, Laxus will be a better leader than Gildartz. He's younger, arrogant and has a tendency to be evil. He'll turn FT to a more aggresive guild. If Makarov dies here he might even swear to take down all the dark guilds. That would be fun. Gildartz is more mature and calm and will calculate every possible actions before executing it. He'll be boring compare to the chaos Laxus will bring to FT.
    I'm fine with either of them getting the leader position not biased towards Laxus fan of both characters. Just think Gildratz would fit the role of leader better, Gildratz already shown us he can get serious when the time comes. Even though it was used on a example on Natsu, imagine when shit goes down. I see Laxus taking Gildratz slot if there even is one.

    Quote Originally Posted by One Piece View Post
    I agree that Laxus being leader would overall be a more entertaining fairy tail. Ironically, Laxus wanted to just turn the guild stronger and more agressive, which is exactly what they need right now this this moment. He just went about it like a douche the first time around...

    But idk, it's about 50/50 on Laxus actually showing up the the island. He would know exactly where his grandfather is at during this time of year since he had to do the S-class exam but we have no clue how far away he is.

    Gildartz/Fried/Bixlow are definitely on their way back to the island. There's no way they couldn't feel both Makarov's and Hade's magical presence collide with each other on the boat.

    I'm going with FT somehow suprisingly pulls off the win against grimoire heart, probably with zeref's help; most likely explaining the "essence of magic" to natsu and sadly the weakness of this manga shows and natsu defeats hades. They all head back with Makarov's dying body, Laxus arrives and starts crying, Makarov sees that Laxus has gotten back on the right path and makes him Leader.
    So then we get a sad chapter for makarov, then a lucy narrative chapter, and some FT headquarter chapters with Laxus as leader with the guild being very unstable. Now, with Makarov gone, Raven Tail and Laxus' Father comes to try to destroy FT and get the Lacryma out of Laxus. In the end, the guild comes together with everyone accepting Laxus as the master when they see he truly does care about them and FT now and they defeat Raven Tail.
    Haha thats why I was saying month ago when we got that 3 chapter special , Mashima could fuck this up or lean it towards some good storytelling if he doesn't choose the plotslayer path. Defeat is like the only good way to go, depending on how he unravels Zeref the rest of the story might get real interesting or we will always just know every arc oh FT triumphed! Erza used her Gundam Armor, Natsu ate a Nuclear atom bomb, Gray learn the Ice Age spell out of no where, Lucy was closer to being naked. The enemy underestimated this farfetched surprise!

    Quote Originally Posted by cross777 View Post
    that would be an interesting twist LOL.
    i hope we see more of him next chapter instead of them going straight back to the battle and then in the back part of next chapter i hope the real fighting gets going. also i really hope no one runs in to hades i really do not want to see a slaughter go down after seeing makarov beat down like he was. but yeah i hope at the back half of next chapter we see the formation of some of the match ups that we will see.
    Do you just make shit up to just post? A twist? He wasn't even talking about a twist, it's not like Gildratz is set in stone yet, Laxus is more set in stone than him currently to be the next leader.

    Quote Originally Posted by streetbum View Post
    Anyone saying that Laxus would be a rash leader and try to beef up Fairy Tail is clearly wrong. Laxus obviously changed his ways since he got his ass handed to him by Natsu, you could tell with the end of the arc he got thrown out and didn't care and also told the Raijin Tribe to stay and be friends with Fairy Tail. That was not the Laxus we knew before.
    I'm not saying Laxus will be a shit leader like that, I also noticed he changed that was the point of ending of the Laxus arc, some what. If he does join he probably will be strict but not in a bad way, to make FT stronger. I'm curious to what he is going to bring to FT now, he been traveling for a while he probably learn a lot of sh*t.
    Last edited by FenixMarco; 12-28-2010 at 06:44 PM.

  10. #20
    This fight was enlightening more towards about the rules of magic.
    I wonder at what point do they start getting taught multiple types of magic other than their specific kinds, and what kind of limits there are? Until now every1 pretty much used their own specific type of magic.
    Still disappointed in Markov's showing, but really how much better do people think he would have been if he was a lot less hurt from be4 and it was some1 other than his former master? I don't consider it a thing of GH's master being on a much higher level but that he had that killer ruthlessness. IMHO Markov was too reluctant, surprised, and hesitant to fight anywhere near his best against some1 of equal or better power, speed, and or skill.
    Now I kind of wish they had waited to show this fight a bit after they showed the other fights.
    Wonder if what GH's master learned about the source of magic is keeping him younger and fighting @ that age?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •