• |3| Average

2 5.26%
  • |2| Bad

3 7.89%
  • |1| Terrible

2 5.26%
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Seke View Post
    I completely agree. However, it was stated very early in the manga that the bodies of ninja are destroyed, not buried. So to think that every country was so careless as to leave traces of DNA of every last ninja with a bloodline limit is preposterous. Especially considering that this practice seems to be done for every ninja. You'd think that with such high-profile ninja, they'd be much more careful.
    Yeah and didn't Zetsu eat the corpses of fallen akatsuki members and jinchuriki after extraction? To dispose of the evidence and not leave clues and a trail for other ninja to lead back to akatsuki. This has puzzled me since the chapter where Kabuto revealed how Edo Tensei works.

All the same it was an enjoyable chapter, as the battle intensity increased with Kabuto increasing his binding on Haku and Zabuza in particular. Though the thing I'm most anxious to see is what the result of Naruto's training will be, obviously it'll be a new rasengan but I'm curious if it'll be laser beam like, considering it's based on the bijuu blast jutsu. I guess similar to the Pain attacks Konoha arc I can't wait for Naruto to enter the battle and demonstrate the fruits of his training.
    Last edited by bluntman_exe; 12-28-2010 at 04:18 AM.

Hmmmmmmmmmm, let's see:

- Daidera exploded,
    - Kakuzu's body was taken by Konoha,
    - Itachi was spiting blood like slug spitng it's own slime,
    - Nagato was the same,
    - Sasori was a doll, so he probably got his DNA way back when he was human,
    - Kisame was eaten by a shark, but spited some blood too,
    - Hidan is... well let's better forget about that guy,
    - Konan was taken out by Tobi.

Zetsu didn't eat any of the Akatsuki members body, only some fodder ninja. Zetsu eating jinchuriki body's ? Where did you get that ? Gara's body was ok and untouched after extraction, it was left in the care of those that brought him - Daidera and Sasori.

Now let's continue:
    - Zabuza and Haku were buried in wave(?) country, even his sword was just laying there ,
    - All member of blast squad were probably bombed by Daidera, or died at war,
    - 7 mist swordsem probably died at war, too,
    - Dan, died at war,
    - Nejii's father was probably laying somewhere within the cloud country,
    - Asuma was in a normal grave,
    - Hanzou was obliterated and probably splatered on some wall by shinra tensei, so it was easy,
    - old granny's body was worthless, for most that is ;P,
    - Kimimaro, I don't need to say do I ? (I whant to see him vs The Cursed Origin - Juugo),
    - The Kages... if All hokages could be easily obtained, then them too, besides everyone has some part of the first body ;P.

Recovering body's at War is rather hard. Kabuto said that Jiraya's blood on Pain's weapons would be enough to summon him. Still, they can recover and dispose of the body, IF they have time and it is worth it(like Shisui's body), plus some villages like Konoha seem to honour the dead.

OK, fair enough.
    I was sure after Sasuke and Itachi fought there was a moment when Zetsu was eating Itachi's corpse that Madara said don't eat his eyes (for reasons that are now obvious).
    However I couldn't find a reference. As it goes straight from the battle to Madara manipulating Sasuke with his story of Itachi's sacrifice and the founding of the leaf and after that Madara offers Itachi's eyes with no revelation of what happened to Itachi's body during their chat. I guess I simply assumed Zetsu was the corpse disposal go to guy in most situations based on him eating the sand jounin that had been used as decoys that fought in Itachi and Kisame's place.
    Also it seemed the more logical way for a wanted criminal organisation like Akatsuki to dispose of bodies rather than say a burial. However without pages to refer to I guess it'll have to remain within the realms of speculation. Which at least means that the manga isn't contradicting itself.

Still I wonder how Kabuto would've gotten enough of say Deidara's DNA before he blew himself to smithereens.
    And of all the Ninja Kabuto has brought back to the impure world why hasn't he brought back Kimimaro? Surely he'd have had access to enough of his DNA. And Kimimaro was so deluded in his loyalty to Orochimaru that he probably wouldn't have needed to have his will suppressed at all to be a major thorn in the allied shinobi's side, especially if his illness would've been neutralised by being a zombie. Oh well, if anyone has any theories, I'd be interested to read 'em.

Anyway I think I'll have to leave it at that before I over analyze it to the point where it reduces my enjoyment of this Manga.

Prick List: Gaara, Bee Genesis 1.0's Avatar
    All I gotta say is:

Land Mine Punch = Epic Win

For that alone, 4/5.

"For I being a poor man, have only my dreams & I have spread them beneath your feet. Tread carefully, for you tread upon my dreams."

Lol, bluntman, I mentioned Kimimaro because he was summoned xD.

Spoiler!

One of the failed summons may have been White Fang as his soul was between worlds for a long time.

I think my only issue with Edo Tensei is the DNA thing.
    The fact that DNA is somehow linked to the soul, which makes no sense to me (yeah i know "it's a manga, bla bla bla")
    And besides, while it may have been that every last one of these guys did leave traces (or pools) of DNA laying about, you'd have to be a God to know where and when each of them died, and get there in time to collect samples before:
    a- Rains that could wash it away
    b- More fighting that'd contaminate or destroy any samples
    c- Anything else, like fires, landslides, whatever.

It's certainly possible that all of them had the courtesy to neatly leave some DNA here and there, with a big sign that said "FOR ANY EDO TENSEI USERS <3", but i think it's all too convenient and it still bothers me.

Well, Kabuto did say it wasn't particularly easy to find the DNA of some of the people he summoned. There's no telling how long it took him to amass his zombie army, and that's the one detail we don't know. I'm sure it took him a hell of a long time. Though he might have gotten a head start working under Orochimaru. And considering that he worked with Orochimaru, I'd say his scavenging and information gathering skills are top-tier, so aside from obvious clues, he probably had a very good idea of where to look for bodies and whatnot. Though it may still seem convenient that he acquired as much as he did, we shouldn't assume that it was just a cakewalk for Kabuto to find all that he needed

The DNA acts like a summoning contract for the souls. That's how the soul gets called back. After all, Kabuto did say that the Edo Tensei was a variation of the summoning technique.

Quote Originally Posted by Afro Thunda View Post
    Well, Kabuto did say it wasn't particularly easy to find the DNA of some of the people he summoned. There's no telling how long it took him to amass his zombie army, and that's the one detail we don't know. I'm sure it took him a hell of a long time. Though he might have gotten a head start working under Orochimaru. And considering that he worked with Orochimaru, I'd say his scavenging and information gathering skills are top-tier, so aside from obvious clues, he probably had a very good idea of where to look for bodies and whatnot. Though it may still seem convenient that he acquired as much as he did, we shouldn't assume that it was just a cakewalk for Kabuto to find all that he needed

The DNA acts like a summoning contract for the souls. That's how the soul gets called back. After all, Kabuto did say that the Edo Tensei was a variation of the summoning technique.
    It's also possible that Orochimaru had collected a lot of the samples himself, banking that he might find a use for them later, if not in his research immediately.

Lollipop Candy ♥BAD♥ girl daz bonez's Avatar
    http://mangastream.com/read/naruto/82033841/17
    Did Kabuto forgot to Gave them swords???

anyway aside form the Hax edo tensei stuff,That reminds me, the Rinnegan supposedly allows Madara access into any blood-line jutsu once he sees it, right?

So does this mean Kabuto : Madara :: Gilgamesh : Emiya Shirou? Giving Madara the knowledge of how to use practically every jutsu known to history?

Quote Originally Posted by xioaxioa View Post
    Fisher Tiger is a punk ass bitch.

-----credit to Maximo for the kick ass ava----

No, Kabuto didn't forget to give them swords, as their swords were already passed to the next gen, like Kisame and Zabuza, but Zabuza has died, so his sword was left without an owner(Suigetsu wasn't trusted with the sword by the village, he only found it).

No, the rinnegan itself doesn't allow you to use it, it's the sage's body with the eyes that allows it. The rinnegan gives you the basic jutsus of the Pain and ability to use all basic elements, but not to combine and create new ones, like blast, wood, ice.

So, yes and no, as you were wrong for Kabuto:Madara as well as Gilgamesh:Emiya, though you are correct to compare them as the same way as Shirou could copy all Noble phantasm to class B (he would die, trying to copy Excalibur), Tobi should be able to copy all jutsu of basic elements.