7 25.93%
  • |3| Average

4 14.81%
  • |2| Bad

2 7.41%
  • |1| Terrible

1 3.70%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    very nice chapter indeed.Chad looks awesome i think that now he might actually become strong something i ve been waiting for so many chapters and he ll be comparable to ichigo.omg at page 15 when i saw the hilt i thought it was Mihawk's sword lol.i m interested to see how will Ginjou help ichigo recover his powers and i really want to learn why is he helping him.i m sure he is not doing it cause he cares about him.it would be interesting if ichigo also has that kind of power since he is half human and he combines those powers with his shinigami powers.

Chad finally shows! Nice. Fullbring sounds cool now we know what Orihime and Chad wield, although I think how he described it some what stupid. Everything has a soul? I would understand if everything had like reiatsu but a soul? Guess I just got to get used to viewing a soul differently. Well yeah now I just want see more about the story though, hoping for minimal training panels.

Veteran Member Himura Battousai's Avatar
    Im trapped in Kakashis Kamui jutsu with Deidaras arm
    Why do you guys think Ichigo will get this Soul Manipulation stuff? Dont they keep saying "Our goal is to get your shinigami powers back"?

^ Because it seems to have a big advantage in the human world and seeing as Orihime's hairpins could be transfered to SS and HM, it's a good thing.

Basically, you gain another source of power thanks to the fullbring ability. In the human world were everything around you has a soul, you just can use everything to strenghten yourself or the tools you whant to use. Like Chad(slowpoke) used the soul of telephone pole to become faster than Ishida.

It reminds of old days when people took their precious items to grave with them, now it makes sesne ;P .

I'm still wondering about the legendary weapons of old time. Like a sword passed in one's family has a part of soul of every successor or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    ^ Because it seems to have a big advantage in the human world and seeing as Orihime's hairpins could be transfered to SS and HM, it's a good thing.

Basically, you gain another source of power thanks to the fullbring ability. In the human world were everything around you has a soul, you just can use everything to strenghten yourself or the tools you whant to use. Like Chad(slowpoke) used the soul of telephone pole to become faster than Ishida.

It reminds of old days when people took their precious items to grave with them, now it makes sesne ;P .

I'm still wondering about the legendary weapons of old time. Like a sword passed in one's family has a part of soul of every successor or something.

So you think Chad attacked Ishida?

Manga reading list: Bleach, Naruto, Katekyo Hitman Reborn, One Piece, Code Breaker, Gamaran, Kuroko No Basket, Fairy Tail, The World God Only Knows, Kimi No Iru Machi, Good Ending, Medaka Box, Nisekoi, D.Gray-Man, Ao No Exorcist, Freezing, Magi - Labyrinth of Magic, Soul Eater, Rosario Vampire Season II, Iris Zero, Ubell Blatt, Bloody Cross, Sun-Ken Rock, and Infinite Stratos,

I'm guessing because both had black hair and white sheos.

Spoiler!

But now that I look closer, the attacker doesn't have a beard and looks a little skinny + Latin people don't read books, they play on gitars xD.

After reading a book about philosophy jokes (no kidding!), this notion of fullbring really reminds me of Kant's concept of the thing-in-itself. The world that we perceive through our senses is not the actual world per se, just a perception of it. The actual world is the thing-in-itself which we as humans cannot perceive due to our limited senses. The manipulation of objects fullbring seems capable of is very much in line with this idea, since shape, smell, taste and so on are just perceptions - they can be changed if we would somehow be able to understand the thing-in-itself of each and every object.

I really appreciate the name of the chapter this week, "The Soul Pantheism". At first I was thinking something akin to Spinoza's defintion of pantheism but that's not what Kubo meant at all, instead he was trying to point to the thing-in-itself. Fucking genius. As others predicted it wasn't that big of a surprise that Chad was showing up. I wonder how Kubo is going to tie this in with his previous explanation of Chad's powers being more akin to that of a hollow. I also wonder how Kubo is going to explain the relation between spirit particles and the things-in-themselves. Are spirit particles objects too that can be controlled or is this only applicable to the human world?

From what I understand, spirit particles are raw spiritual energy, that SS manipulates to creates buildings and things + it's quincy's source of power as they control raw power (the soul cutter arrow is an example of it, or QFF angel wing that changed the buildings in SS to raw reiatsu and then absorbed it).

So, Yes spirit particles can be controled, but they are far different from soul of the things of the living world.

The biggest difference is that all objects of the human world have a soul that in truth is a manual written by the King. Basically all things in LW are creation of the King, so all of them posses micro-part of his power.

------------------
    Edit

Now that I think about it, Ginjou said that objects have soul so that they could contain the manual on how to use them.

When someone creates something, it is said that he puts part of his soul in it that will contain the manual that is the creators intention for creating the tool. Like if someone creates a sword in intention of protecting something, then that sword would be best used for defense or have a higher def value(lol, it's na rpg ;p ).

Basically, the intention or purpose is the manual, but for a tool to have it, it needs a soul that it gains from the creator.

The next thing I would like to mention is that Soul = Memory in many works(like in TRC). It would mean that the soul is getting stronger with the memory getting larger. By bonding, they could mean sharing your memory with, or that it holds a memory - it means that it reminds us of something or someone.
    Last edited by Zero; 12-28-2010 at 01:53 AM.

Orange toad summoner Uzumaki_Tim's Avatar
    10 bucks if Itchigo does get an item affinity it will be to his substitute shinigami badge
    ----------------------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by FenixMarco View Post
    Hey scotty can you make a thread of How much milk Brooke drinks?
    My DoTA hero... Vote for it please!
    www.playdota.com/forums/threads/820/Dak'sar

Prick List: Gaara, Bee Genesis 1.0's Avatar
    Kubo keeps proving people wrong with his ingenuity and sincere out of the manga box thinking. Loving this concept and it being a completely different derivative from anything else we've seen thus far.

5/5

"For I being a poor man, have only my dreams & I have spread them beneath your feet. Tread carefully, for you tread upon my dreams."