6 22.22%
  • ok

3 11.11%
  • so-so

0 0%
  • not the best

2 7.41%
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    yeah, the same thought crossed my mind aswell.
    All mermaids are fine and normal looking, but somehow the male ones are all connected to some kind of fish...
    Do the mermaids mate with fishmen or something?
    That'd imply that the mermaid-queen somehow mated with 3 different fishmen... kinky stuff indeed
    (jk)
    Last edited by Flare Blitz; 12-27-2010 at 05:22 PM.

Lollipop Candy ♥BAD♥ girl daz bonez's Avatar
    for the actual chapter, really digging the way the city looks, the shell armor, those quintuplets are still incredibly cute, and its nice to see that the Strawhats aren't default enemies of the state right off... they might in fact already be friends with the royalty and not even know it.

But we've already got neo-Arlong pirates, ghost ship, and even Caribou set up... plus decades of race relations that Luffy is obviously going to fix to some degree, and we've barely even gotten into the city. This arc is going to be insane.

Also am I the only who noticed that if these three dudes are actually brothers, that means that there's no fishman hybrids.
    Wonder how genetics would play a role to have three brothers with different fish bases though.

Quote Originally Posted by xioaxioa View Post
    Fisher Tiger is a punk ass bitch.

-----credit to Maximo for the kick ass ava----

Quote Originally Posted by recklesmayhem View Post
    That is probably the last nose-bleed... Oda had to make them goo out with a bang!! I didn't mind it though... Great chapter, really great!

Wonder why the old fishmen pirates had to leave exactly
    It's about the relations with the WG! it's just too dangerous if an ex-shishiboukai resides within the Island than when he's not around, so he left for the sake of the inhabitants!!!

but i've got the feeling he's not far away!!

5/5 chapter imo

Great Chapter i laughed at the thought of what the other members of the crew are doing, we have all the crew members at the moment that always get in to shinanigans, i just wonder what the others are doing; they didn't find Keimi so they might be in a jam
    Quote Originally Posted by daz bonez View Post
    for the actual chapter, really digging the way the city looks, the shell armor, those quintuplets are still incredibly cute, and its nice to see that the Strawhats aren't default enemies of the state right off... they might in fact already be friends with the royalty and not even know it.

But we've already got neo-Arlong pirates, ghost ship, and even Caribou set up... plus decades of race relations that Luffy is obviously going to fix to some degree, and we've barely even gotten into the city. This arc is going to be insane.

Also am I the only who noticed that if these three dudes are actually brothers, that means that there's no fishman hybrids.
    Wonder how genetics would play a role to have three brothers with different fish bases though.
    Fishman Hybrids? I'm not sure are there hybrid fish??
    The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!

“Champions do not become champions when they win the event, but in the hours, weeks, months and years they spend preparing for it. The victorious performance itself is merely the demonstration of their championship character”
    T. Alan Armstrong

One Piece

Quote Originally Posted by daz bonez View Post
    yea the blood loss getting annoying,,and what`s annoying me more is.....we have to wait 3 weeks till the next chapter... Since this issue of the WSJ is also a double issue, and OP will have a break in the next issue (which means that the next chapter only will be on Mangastream in 1/19)...

Now I'm sad... =(
    Quote Originally Posted by joshecalpoly View Post
    I wasnt expecting this to come out till 2 weeks from now, but I am glad it did.

I love the writing about the forbidden mixing of the blood and chances are the one that actually donates to Sanji will be banned from the island and thus will join the crew. I agree though that the way the problem was introduced was to comedic in nature for a serious issue.
    I don't get it. As long as the Sanji nose bleed situation led to some other important part of the story , does it really matter how you get there? It was a way to move along the story using comedy. Seems like a bonus that Oda-san made it funny. And you have to admit, being away from women for some1 like Sanji had to be hella disturbing. It's a wonder he didn't come back crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Flare Blitz View Post
    yeah, the same thought crossed my mind aswell.
    All mermaids are fine and normal looking, but somehow the male ones are all connected to some kind of fish...
    Do the mermaids mate with fishmen or something?
    That'd imply that the mermaid-queen somehow mated with 3 different fishmen... kinky stuff indeed
    Was wondering about this too. And where are the female fishpeople?

Quote Originally Posted by Lost_By_THE_Sword View Post
    but i've got the feeling he's not far away!!
    Yeah, Jimbei doesn't seem the type to totally leave the responsibility of his people.Wow Luffy's GEAR 2ND is getting faster. There doesn't even seem to be the lines drawn like B4 to indicate that his arm had been there. If Jet pistol wasn't written , I might have thought something else knocked them out.
    So wait, why didn't any fispeople or merpeople that Fisher Tiger had saved donate blood? I believe there is more to that story than either he's telling, or more that he doesn't even know.

"Judgement in the dark" seems like it might be similar to Enel "God's Punishment".

Wonder if there is a relationship between "Davey Jones's locker" and "Hodi Jones" the new captain?

Quote Originally Posted by SCarred Luffy Lvl:Z View Post
    Was wondering about this too. And where are the female fishpeople?

Yeah, Jimbei doesn't seem the type to totally leave the responsibility of his people.Wow Luffy's GEAR 2ND is getting faster. There doesn't even seem to be the lines drawn like B4 to indicate that his arm had been there. If Jet pistol wasn't written , I might have thought something else knocked them out.
    So wait, why didn't any fispeople or merpeople that Fisher Tiger had saved donate blood? I believe there is more to that story than either he's telling, or more that he doesn't even know.

"Judgement in the dark" seems like it might be similar to Enel "God's Punishment".

Wonder if there is a relationship between "Davey Jones's locker" and "Hodi Jones" the new captain?
    Yeah
    Spoiler!

I'm sure that the story is pretty suited to the standard of hating humans, so i'm pretty sure it's bent.
    The Fishpeople and Merepeople probably didn't have the same blood type if they were there since we do know that Fisher Tiger once stormed Mariejois single handedly maybe he went solo sometimes
    The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!

“Champions do not become champions when they win the event, but in the hours, weeks, months and years they spend preparing for it. The victorious performance itself is merely the demonstration of their championship character”
    T. Alan Armstrong

Where'd you get the pic?

Luffy admitting Jimbei was the only reason he didn't end up completely broken after Ace's death was touching. Their bond's a lot closer than I originally thought.

Sanji has been absolutely amazing since the timeskip started. From Okama hell to Mermaid heaven his life is always in danger! The nosebleed imprint of a mermaid was especially impressive. Wonder who will be the donor? The princes don't seem to be terribly evil if only a bit eccentric, which for One Piece actually equals normality.

Hammond pirates didn't last two pages once Luffy had enough of their prejudice. His Haki powers have come to be very useful, and it makes him look even more powerful to any onlookers. The technique is almost pacifistic in nature, which could give him an edge when trying to prevent skirmishes or meaningless fights.

Should be a while for the next chap what with the break and early access but hey, when has Oda ever let his fans down. I'll be happily waiting for the continuation of one of the most promising and fun arcs yet.

As long as everything just keeps on flowing forward, then that's already enough.
    Where there's a will there's a way!
    Spoiler!

I have to admit, of the three princes, I happen to fancy Fukaboshi the most. I'd say he's the closest to even passing as a long-haired pretty boy (well, not "pretty" in terms of bishi-loving standards but very very borderline).

Not sure who'd be willing to donate blood. It'd be either Hatchi, Caribou, or someone we haven't seen yet. Speaking of Caribou, I can't say for sure if he'll end up causing any trouble; Fukaboshi seemed wise and smart enough to figure out that Caribou isn't part of the Straw Hats, so he wasn't jumping straight to conclusions.

Lollipop Candy ♥BAD♥ girl daz bonez's Avatar
    welll...first note 4 Cross...what`s up wit the Gay poll?

I may be wrong, but I feel like I'm seeing a level of seriousness, for lack of a better word, in Luffy that we haven't seen before. In the past he was always simply starry eyed over everything new--that cool ship the brothers came on would have had him with his chin on the deck--here he was willing to hide, fer crying out loud, to protect his crewmates and himself as well as the mermaids.

Another thing was his instant reaction to Sanji's loss of blood. He's always had a sort of youthful naïveté when it came to the dangers they faced. He always recognized them, but I don't think he took it nearly as seriously as he is now--it was part of the selfishness the crew always complained about. Now we see him cracking nary a smile from the moment the princes' ship is spotted---and he is very concerned for Sanji, and that is his sole consideration from the moment Chopper says he's in danger. Don't get me wrong--he's not completely changed, as we saw by his reaction to the dissapearance of the other crew members after they got swept away in the currents between bubbles---but I think I see a new level of maturity.

I'm also touched by his matter-of-fact recital of his debt to Jinbe. To paraphrase "After Ace died, I would have been broken if it weren't for Jinbe." Wow. That is, to me, a major level of acceptance of things.

Quote Originally Posted by xioaxioa View Post
    Fisher Tiger is a punk ass bitch.

-----credit to Maximo for the kick ass ava----