Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Ace death ofc??? >_>_>_>_>

Lollipop Candy ♥BAD♥ girl daz bonez's Avatar
    going merry viking funeral...i cried on that one.......

Quote Originally Posted by xioaxioa View Post
    Fisher Tiger is a punk ass bitch.

-----credit to Maximo for the kick ass ava----

yeah, the anime really did an awesome job on that one.

aparently oda said even he was very sad when he was writing that part.

when kizaru came up to massacre the mugiwara . luffy felt stressed, sad and despaired because he couldn't rescue his nakamas. it was a very sad moment of one piece . and also the moments when rayleigh cried ( Wbeard death ) .

Merry's Funeral by far

i would say ace and white bears deaht
    but sanjis past was also sad.
    on an island whit no food for many days, starving, chef had to eat his own foot and sanji had to have that on his conscience

Quote Originally Posted by Flare Blitz View Post
    yeah, but still, it's one fucked up past.
    Personally I think Robins past must have been the toughest of them all.
    Everyone she knew got murdered when she was 8 years old, the other children saw her as a freak, she never got to know her mother,
    Her only real friend Jaguar D. Saul got killed in front of her eyes when he was trying to save her.
    She's been alone the next 20 years of her life, being betrayed and betraying others.
    Always Thinking she wasn't allowed to be alive, yet finally, after 28 years she finds this little Crew...
    Her first sparkle of light for who she's willing to give her life and freedom to save it.
    Then they come barging into one of the WG main strongholds, waging war on the world itself just to save her.

... good stuff
    And that's the reason why the EL arc is the best Oda delivered so far. The fact that he was able to put a compelling story around the blandest SH and made us love her just amazes me. Plus Going Merry's rescue mission and it's funeral just put the icing on the cake. No one had it tougher than Robin did. Nami had tough past but at least she still had her sister and friends. Robin had none.

I rarely get emotional but I admit I got teary eyes when the SH said their goodbyes to Merry. People might think it's funny since it's just a freaking boat but for me, the fact that it is an inanimate object that makes it's so moving. It's desire to help the SH is so strong that it makes the impossible, possible. What Merry was able to do is far greater than going through the Aqua Laguna, or beating the whole CP9. It taught us how strong the ties of friendship can be.

None can be said to Ace. I was not even moved at all. The problem with it is because we never really know Ace except that he is Luffy's brother and a commander of WB. I wasn't able to relate with him coz I never knew his struggles in life, his adventures, the obstacles that he gave his all to overcome it. It was only in the end that we knew all that.

sig made by me

Saddest moment in One Piece is when Cross became a "fan".

Quote Originally Posted by Flare Blitz View Post
    yeah, but still, it's one fucked up past.
    Personally I think Robins past must have been the toughest of them all.
    Everyone she knew got murdered when she was 8 years old, the other children saw her as a freak, she never got to know her mother,
    Her only real friend Jaguar D. Saul got killed in front of her eyes when he was trying to save her.
    She's been alone the next 20 years of her life, being betrayed and betraying others.
    Always Thinking she wasn't allowed to be alive, yet finally, after 28 years she finds this little Crew...
    Her first sparkle of light for who she's willing to give her life and freedom to save it.
    Then they come barging into one of the WG main strongholds, waging war on the world itself just to save her.

... good stuff
    If we're talking about pasts then for sure Robin had the saddest past, nothing to add from what you said, she was 8 - never had friends to start with, finally making 1 friend who was then killed - her home was destroyed and she was made to be a HUGE criminal - she could never trust anyone and being 8 she had to rely on people always looking over her shoulder.

But the saddest moment in my opinion, is when the crew got blown away by Kuma, Luffy not knowing Kuma was a 'good' guy was crying about how he couldn't save a single nakama and he started beating his head on the ground in some sort of self pity/anger/helplessness, idk, I guess in my opinion it was a realistic reaction(tack on the fact he was looking Robin in the eye when she was the last one standing, then to be blown away, it adds to the self pity/helplessness).

And since it was the most 'real' moment I got a little choked up lol.

@FenixMarco: thats a low blow lol, also, I don't believe thats the same Sabo lol, isn't he suppose to be Ace's age? (or just older then luffy in general) that kid looked much younger
    Last edited by Airicks; 01-29-2011 at 06:34 AM.
    Click to see what RPG personality you are.
    (It's funny because I ALWAYS use a bow if its available in a game lol)

One Piece

Quote Originally Posted by Gypseslice View Post
    Robin's past is the worse but think about Nami's past aswell:
    -Mother got killed
    -Was threatened by the killers
    -Had to work with the killers, even though she hated them and wanted nothing more than to kill them.
    -Was basically a slave to the killers; doing all their bidding with a smile on her face
    -She didn't even get a chance to greive

Now that is pretty deep.
    Saddest moment i think, pasts aside and also female rescue missions, it has to the Usopp Luffy fight
    Quote Originally Posted by arisart View Post
    And that's the reason why the EL arc is the best Oda delivered so far. The fact that he was able to put a compelling story around the blandest SH and made us love her just amazes me. Plus Going Merry's rescue mission and it's funeral just put the icing on the cake. No one had it tougher than Robin did. Nami had tough past but at least she still had her sister and friends. Robin had none.

IMHO Nami's past was worse and sadder. At the very least Robin knew she had a mother and Robin's mom died for the library of Ohara.

On the other hand you have Nami adopted by this lady and right before she dies, Nami gets in an argument with her and says something like I wish you hadn't taken us in. Then faced with a choice to possibly save all three of them but be seperated from them, this adopted mother chooses to die just so that they know without a shadow of a doubt that They Were Her Kids.
    Then for 10 years(or more, forgot the exact amount) you become forced to work and become "nakama" for those very killers B/c you have a strong sense of responsibilty for the whole island lives... I completely get why Johnny and Yosaku did what they did even knowing their weakness. I would have felt like I absolutely needed to end it for her immediately.
    Maybe if Robin had been forced to work for the world government since childhood, (people responsible for killing her mom) most of her life, I would think her past was sadder. But IMHO Nami wins the saddest past award.

But within the OPU's saddest moment, I would say tie between Going Merry and WB's death. Going Merry was so sad B/c I just called it a death and it was. That ship was as good as any nakama. Still remember the expressions it made when they were going up and down, to and from Sky Island. And WB, I mean the death of the pirate who became a pirate to have a family . That's just too sad.