Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by daz bonez View Post
    well,seing the japanese geoghraphy , size, or the population of Tokyo, and how much it pretains to consumer percentage.
    ANYTHING getting banned in Tokyo is pretty much end of that industry. Period.
    Those statements are very untrue. Tokyo is only 10% of the Japanese population. And by moving out, they will only switch the center of culture from Tokyo to another city that will accept them.

No, instead, what this will cause is the publishers to self-regulate themselves from letting their artists draw what they want.
    Life will go on, but with manga under the eys of "big brother" and crappier than before due to oversensitive cernsorship.
    Publishers aren't gonna ignore the bill and have their books pulled from the entire Tokyo. You don't seem to realize this, but that is suicide.
    If any major company did that, it would bankrupt in less than a year.
    I DO realize that, and I still see it as irrelevant. In the end, after all, it's all about money, and that sex sells. If they really think of sexuality as an art, that should be a minor obstacle.

Like I said, let THEIR people force those crappy politicians out. They hold elections every, what? Two years, IIRC.

If they don't, then the bottomline is that it doesn't matter to THEM.

We have no right interfering in their business.

And also the thing with ambiguous laws is that you can make it work both ways.

Lollipop Candy ♥BAD♥ girl daz bonez's Avatar
    from dan kanemitsu blog
    Sound Off – Overseas Input on the Bill 156 Wanted
    Posted on December 11, 2010 by dankanemitsu

In about 18 hours, I will go on live with a panel of guest to discuss Tokyo’s new bill on NicoNico Douga: http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv34395435

The broadcast will take place Sunday 14:00~17:00 on December 12th, Japan standard time.

I’ll be talking mostly in Japanese, but I would like to share some overseas input on this bill on the program.

If you have feedback you’d like me to share, please write to my email address.

dank_1972=at=yahoo.co.jp

Please replace the =at= with the @ symbol.

Make sure to read my recent blog posts. I don’t want be correcting people over and over about the bill.
    - This is a Tokyo ordinance bill, so while it is not a national legislation, it will still have a profound impact because all publishers and anime companies are centered in Tokyo.
    - This is not a ban, but it penalizes any publisher and producer of material that Tokyo considers to be harmful to minors. Unlike in the US, retailers have less responsibility, i.e. if a book they sell is marketed as a general audience by the publisher, but Tokyo deems it to be harmful, then it is the publisher’s responsibility to recall all the books.
    - Tokyo already has the power to designate anything that is too sexually stimulating for minors OR too sadistic for minors OR too likely to cause criminal acts among minors OR cause suicide among minors as “harmful material”, and force such material to be treated as adult only material.
    - This bill does not target simple nudity and panties showing up on the screen, but will make it more difficult to conduct social commentary on difficult issues of sex and relationships since fictional material must adhere to real life criminal codes AND not celebrate relationships between close relatives who can’t marry in real life, or their material may be considered harmful to minors.
    - This bill does not target “hentai” (which is a term we don’t even use in Japan). All material already marketed as adults only is exempt, since those titles are considered to be inaccessible to minors.
    - And please be polite. Strong words are fine but respect keeps channels of commination open.

Also KEEP IT SHORT! Try to be concise and direct, with a clear flow of logic. I can’t read on the air long pieces, let along translate them all in time for the broadcast tomorrow.

And if you could, write “Overseas input to Bill 156″ in the subject line. That will make it easier for me recover any messages that gets mixed up with spam.

Please feel free to submit your opinions, but understand time might be limited and I might may not be able read all that many. Also note that since I have to translate the feedback into Japanese, I’ll give priority on feedback I get earlier, since I’ll have more timet to review the text.

If possible, please attach your name and where you are writing from.

You don’t have to write out your full name, a first name would be fine.

I’ll go over the feedback I already have gotten to see if I might be able to share some of those as well.
    http://dankanemitsu.wordpress.com/20...-156-wanted-2/

and this
    This is Kadokawa’s president Mr. Inoue’s message following the news of the bill’s passage in committee:
    “So [Bill 156] was approved. That’s unfortunate. But we should continue our opposition. We must continue to raise our voices. With [the help of] wisdom and courage, let’s stick it out.”

At Shueisha’s rookie manga author awards ceremony, Shueisha senior managing director Mr. Torishima was quoted saying, “I want new manga authors to produce manga that would blow away [Tokyo Governor] Shintaro Ishihara.” A senior editor at Shueisha, Mr. Araki asks that manga authors “don’t let the chilling effect [of increased regulation] stop you from doing material you want to do. Jump will feature anything [we feel] that is exciting [to read]“. Quote:
    With the Big 10 being made up of Shueisha, Shogakukan, Kadokawa Shoten, Kodansha, Akita Shoten, Hakusensha, Shonen Gahousha, Shinchosha, Futabasha, and LEED Publishing Co., Ltd., all huge industry giants, their lack of presence in the Tokyo International Animation Fair is starting to worry the Prime Minister of Japan.
    Quote:
    In his first blog entry since becoming prime Minister, Naoto Kan states:
    “There is another topic I would like to talk about concerning [the strength] of the Japanese brand. Currently there are concerns over the possibility that the Tokyo International Animation Fair could be cancelled due to controversies related to the healthy development of youth issues. Healthy development of youth is an important issue. At the same time, it is important that Japanese animation is broadcast to a global audience. I urge all parties involved to try to work toward preventing a situation where an international animation fair cannot be held within Tokyo.”

Now the Prime Minister is expressing his concerns over what’s happening.
    Let me clarify a few points on the above news.

Shuueisha executive Torishima (very famous as the model for Dr. Mashirito in Dr. Slump) announced that not only will Shuueisha follow Kadokawa in not attending the Anime Fair, but also not allowing ANY anime franchise based on any Shuueisha manga to be at the fair.

He then called out to all his editors in chief to encourage the manga artist to draw manga that will "slap the governor in the face" (well, he said to blow the governor away, Japanese way of saying to "kick his ass") Third chief editor Ibaragi followed the comment asking all the Jump manga artists to not be intimidated by the prefecture bill, and draw what they feel like. If it's good, it'll all be on Jump, guaranteed.)

http://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20...00108-jij-soci

FUCK YEAH Dr.Mashirito, you were always the cool one. (and it was cool to see you in Bakuman too!)

BTW, as ironic as it is, the person listed as responsible for Anime Fair organization is the governor himself.
    He hates manga and anime culture, and has made many statements degrading it as a whole.... yet he runs the Anime Fair? Politicians, I tell you.

The governor recently made attempts for the bill to include banning of all depiction of criminal acts or violent acts in manga, period.
    He calls it "fictional criminal act" and is trying to get that banned as well,So yes, the publishers' distaste for this asshole is very well justified.

He also made some extremely bigoted comments, and stated:
    "TV shows these days allow homosexuals to be on screen, which is appalling. Japanese moral is getting too law, we need to censor for our kids"

Sources:
    http://yama-ben.cocolog-nifty.com/oo...post-b9ed.html
    http://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20...06-maiall-soci

So the bill is pretty much set in stone already.
    Bye-bye, Champion RED. We hardly knew ya.

I DO realize that, and I still see it as irrelevant. In the end, after all, it's all about money, and that sex sells. If they really think of sexuality as an art, that should be a minor obstacle.

Like I said, let THEIR people force those crappy politicians out. They hold elections every, what? Two years, IIRC.

If they don't, then the bottomline is that it doesn't matter to THEM.

We have no right interfering in their business.

And also the thing with ambiguous laws is that you can make it work both ways.
    you`re right. due to the ambiguous nature of the bill, it would only go down the shitter IF they decide to use it to make an example.
    Magazines like Champion RED is pretty much screwed, and so is many of the older shoujo magazines.
    I have the feeling seinen magazines will try to continue their work, and hope they don't get targeted by this retarded bill.

Last time they did something like that, they picked a random title and crucified it to make a point. They didn't go after everything. It's a stupid witch hunt.

OP wouldn't be affected at all, but Negima may be restricted in its depiction from HERE ON, if the author (and the publisher) gave a shit.
    Berserk is in the same boat, they may not use this bill against it, but they CAN.
    And by having this pressure of "they can fuck you up if you look at them the wrong way" is a sinister scare tactic that will definitely affect some artists and publishers.

Quote Originally Posted by xioaxioa View Post
    Fisher Tiger is a punk ass bitch.

-----credit to Maximo for the kick ass ava----

Tokyo Anime Fair: “We Can No Longer Hold The Event”
    At least the Boycott showed a result.

Lollipop Candy ♥BAD♥ girl daz bonez's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sangaz View Post
    Tokyo Anime Fair: “We Can No Longer Hold The Event”
    At least the Boycott showed a result.

Oh, GOD. What a douchebag.

They asked the governor what he thinks about all the publishers not attending the fair.
    He said "Then don't come. They'll come back next year crying"

Fuck you asshole, indeed.

mannnnnnnnn.......

Smaller publishers will limit what their mangaka are able to write/draw about, as they're already begun doing.

Some eroge publishers were freaking out in a similar way about that law that ended up not getting passed last year.

So that's self-censorship there.

Then you have the large publishers who essentially told Ishihara to go eat a dick, who may let their mangaka carry on as they please... up until the powers that be decide to make an example out of someone.

Then they all fall in line, and Ishihara rounds up the gays and otaku and has them shot.

Quote Originally Posted by xioaxioa View Post
    Fisher Tiger is a punk ass bitch.

-----credit to Maximo for the kick ass ava----

Maybe Ishihara is a gay pedo . Or his son is one.

I mean, real men don't screw up other men's hobbies unless it's something personal. The US has strict anti-pedophilia laws, but you still hear of pedophilia cases every day.

well,the problem is cross , since decision is completely left at the mercy of the censors, with no clear lines drawn, regardless of the spirit the bill will cause artists to be overly sensitive to not cross the line, thus resulting in strict restriction of their freedom of expression.
    your misunderstanding what i meant
    i am not saying we should not be worried because we should and i am. but i am just giving some insight one the different ways this thing could end up. thats all. and i am hoping this thing just gets shot down in flames.
    What a douchebag.

They asked the governor what he thinks about all the publishers not attending the fair.
    He said "Then don't come. They'll come back next year crying"

Fuck you asshole, indeed.

mannnnnnnnn.......

Smaller publishers will limit what their mangaka are able to write/draw about, as they're already begun doing.

Some eroge publishers were freaking out in a similar way about that law that ended up not getting passed last year.

So that's self-censorship there.

Then you have the large publishers who essentially told Ishihara to go eat a dick, who may let their mangaka carry on as they please... up until the powers that be decide to make an example out of someone.

Then they all fall in line, and Ishihara rounds up the gays and otaku and has them shot.
    OMG the publishers can just come over here to America witch at this point our laws are not even that crazy. over here we would just slap an MA on it and tell the stores to card kids when they buy the stuff. oh but of course that is just to easy for japan LOL. just come to America MR.publishers the land of the free and the home of the if you have enough money you can do what ever the hell you want. LOL i kid i kid.
    Quote Originally Posted by arisart View Post
    Lol, I bet you argue too much with cross. It's not really healthy you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Death View Post
    Hey stick to the topic, quit asking nonsense question about other series or if cross777 is thunder luffy which by the way have different IP addresses.... Next person that goes off topic will be infracted...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Veteran Member
    haha.. This Japanese law will be worse than the Australian law.. What was that one again.. A-cup breasts are banned? I dont remember all the details, didnt really read it all.. just sounded really retarded.. But this Japan one sure as hell beats that law in stupidity..

So, they say hentai wont be affected.. But what about hentai with lolis? I bet they are there.. but shouldnt they be taken out as the character would look under 18?

Im guessing he had some trouble with gays/otakus when he was younger... it just seems like it..
    They seriously tried to target bakuman? O.o ashirogis manga.. ;(

well there is a law in Maryland that in Baltimore that It is a violation of city code to sell chicks or ducklings to a minor within 1 week of the Easter holiday. LOL talk about stupid laws LOL.

but maybe he is over compensating for something LOL
    Hey stick to the topic, quit asking nonsense question about other series or if cross777 is thunder luffy which by the way have different IP addresses.... Next person that goes off topic will be infracted...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Veteran Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cross777 View Post
    well there is a law in Maryland that in Baltimore that It is a violation of city code to sell chicks or ducklings to a minor within 1 week of the Easter holiday. LOL talk about stupid laws LOL.

but maybe he is over compensating for something LOL
    I wonder what the hell they were doing to the little guys..

And thats a given..

They are saying this is all to protect their children.. right? What happens if people dont get their fixes and start doing more/worse.. O.o
    Wouldnt something like this have both outcomes? Though, im certainly no psychologist.. Or is this something in the long run for children? :-/

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Shepherd View Post
    I wonder what the hell they were doing to the little guys..

And thats a given..

They are saying this is all to protect their children.. right? What happens if people dont get their fixes and start doing more/worse.. O.o
    Wouldnt something like this have both outcomes? Though, im certainly no psychologist.. Or is this something in the long run for children? :-/
    PLEASE they do not give a s**t about the kids. these are the same people who feed tainted dolphin meat to there kids in the school lunches (watch the cove). this has to have some kind of personal implication here. i mean some one has it out for some one for some other reason and that is all there is to it at this point. if they say this is to protect there kids they are hypocrites.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]