Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Upcoming Anime

already watching a bunch of them..

" Final.. Universal Love! "

SPRING ANIME 2012

CLICK HERE FOR A BIGGER VERSION

Spoiler!

Some known manga series are going to appear this spring and others, so here is what I will be anticipating :
    - Fate/Zero second season,
    - Zetman,
    - Accel World,
    - Eureka Seven Ao,
    - Sankarea,
    - TASOGARE OTOME X AMNESIA,
    - Kore wa Zombie Desuka? second season,
    - Medaka Box,
    - Kuroko no Basket,
    - Rock Lee spin off.

Looks like a couple of great animes are starting.

Sucks that the Rock Lee Spinoff will replace Bleach tho..

Can't wait for to see the Kuroko No Basket anime.

Manga reading list: Bleach, Naruto, Katekyo Hitman Reborn, One Piece, Code Breaker, Gamaran, Kuroko No Basket, Fairy Tail, The World God Only Knows, Kimi No Iru Machi, Good Ending, Medaka Box, Nisekoi, D.Gray-Man, Ao No Exorcist, Freezing, Magi - Labyrinth of Magic, Soul Eater, Rosario Vampire Season II, Iris Zero, Ubell Blatt, Bloody Cross, Sun-Ken Rock, and Infinite Stratos,

Daaaaamn, it has ended, but was it awesome or what !? Of course I'm talking about Fate/Zero, looks like it's going to be hard to top this anime this year. Still, I'm a little disappointed on Saber vs Berserker, especially since one was
    Spoiler!

It was good, the fights were on a little lower scale than in Fate/Stay Night... or not, hard to say , the only thing I'm sure is that they were way more tactical than in it's sequel and more beautiful (better effects and so on). The story was way, way darker than in Stay Night, the main hero as well and in this war, people were actually well prepared (I guess no one expected the 5th war to come so soon).

Now I hope that they will do some other Fate anime, hmmmm, I think that people didn't like Sakura's route too well so they might not do it. Then the only thing left it Fate/hollow ataraxia or Fate/Prototype (currently there exist only a short, promo-like OVA, it was the original concept for Fate/Stay Night), since I doubt that they will do any of the games, Fate/Extra isn't a canon and Fate/Apocrypha... well it was originally meant to be an MMORPG (I think ;P) - canceled, but I heard that they did some short novel about it.

Oh well, might as well wait for a Tsukihime reboot (I heard that it was bad, a really bad adaptation, so I didn't watch it ;P), if it is going to be done by the ufotable (they did a marvelous job with Fate/Zero)... actually as long as it is a reboot, most likely I will watch it :p.

Code Breaker anime is coming in October.

Manga reading list: Bleach, Naruto, Katekyo Hitman Reborn, One Piece, Code Breaker, Gamaran, Kuroko No Basket, Fairy Tail, The World God Only Knows, Kimi No Iru Machi, Good Ending, Medaka Box, Nisekoi, D.Gray-Man, Ao No Exorcist, Freezing, Magi - Labyrinth of Magic, Soul Eater, Rosario Vampire Season II, Iris Zero, Ubell Blatt, Bloody Cross, Sun-Ken Rock, and Infinite Stratos,

Man, Wonderful~! Wonderland/Alice in the Country of Hearts, was pretty awesome, it's already subbed btw . I'm not sure if it was intended, but it was really well made, the world was jumping, spinning and colorful, nothing made sense and at the same time, everything did .

Summer 2012 Anime Preview (June 2012 -> August 2012)

Pictures Jai, you need pictures ;P, like: THIS, or just click the spoiler blow:
    Spoiler!

Ones that I have heard something about or just look interesting:
    - Campione! - seen a trailer of this on the net, looked interesting, the MC has the power to rule all, because he posses the power to slay a God, or so the trailer said , that's the reason why he is targeted, to free from his control... even though he doesn't utilize it at all ;P,
    - Haguru Yuusha no Estetica - seems interesting, a school of ex-heroes, at least that's what I understood ;P,
    - Sword Art Online - seen only the manga and it wasn't too good, but it is from the same Novel Author as Accel World, so they might pull it off ,
    - La storia della Arcana Famiglia - seen the manga adaptation, it looked quite interesting ,
    - Blood Lad - really, there is nothing more to say than this ,
    - Arve Rezzle - might check it out.

Movies & OVAs/OADs/BDs/etc:
    - Persona 4 The Animation: No One is Alone (true ending),
    - Hyouka episode 11,5 - depends on what it will contain,
    - Kenichi,
    - Code Geass Gaiden: BnA,
    - Berserk,
    - Naruto - ...maybe...
    Last edited by Zero; 06-28-2012 at 11:08 PM.

Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita is the best new anime of the season so far, in my opinion.

Konjiki Ashisogi Jizō Daemon Spade's Avatar
    inbetween Matsumoto's ______! Dont, judge me!
    I've just started watching "Sword Art Online".

Wiki-entry:

In the year 2022, the Virtual reality Massive Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Game (VRMMORPG) Sword Art Online (SAO) is released. With the Nerve Gear, a VR Helmet that stimulates the user's five senses via their brain, players can experience and control their in-game characters with their minds. But an unexpected event occurs on November 6, 2022 when Akihiko Kayaba, the creator of SAO, prevents the players from logging out. Akihiko issues them a challenge; if they wish to be free and log out of the game, they must reach the 100th floor of the game's tower and defeat the final boss. However, if their avatars die in the game, so will their bodies in the real world. As the game's 10,000 players try to accept their new deadly predicament, Kirito, a skilled player who tested the beta version of the game, is determined to reach the 100th floor and attain freedom. As he befriends other players along the way, including Asuna, who becomes his partner and love interest, Kirito faces many obstacles and eventually discover the true purpose of SAO.

Its a really intersting anime. Worth checking out
    FOOLS!!!!!

Favorite Manga/Anime Characters
    Naruto, Orochimaru, Jariya, Itachi, Ichigo, Mayuri, Kenpachi, Mugen, Vash the Stampede, "L", Edward Elric, Reborn, Rokudo Mukuro, Black Star, Dr. Fraken Stein, Death the Kid

Quote Originally Posted by Daemon Spade View Post
    I've just started watching "Sword Art Online".

Wiki-entry:

In the year 2022, the Virtual reality Massive Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Game (VRMMORPG) Sword Art Online (SAO) is released. With the Nerve Gear, a VR Helmet that stimulates the user's five senses via their brain, players can experience and control their in-game characters with their minds. But an unexpected event occurs on November 6, 2022 when Akihiko Kayaba, the creator of SAO, prevents the players from logging out. Akihiko issues them a challenge; if they wish to be free and log out of the game, they must reach the 100th floor of the game's tower and defeat the final boss. However, if their avatars die in the game, so will their bodies in the real world. As the game's 10,000 players try to accept their new deadly predicament, Kirito, a skilled player who tested the beta version of the game, is determined to reach the 100th floor and attain freedom. As he befriends other players along the way, including Asuna, who becomes his partner and love interest, Kirito faces many obstacles and eventually discover the true purpose of SAO.

Its a really intersting anime. Worth checking out
    Yep, it's quite awesome, but I think that Accel World has more variety (the story is written by the same author, IIRC and both shows are based on Light Novels).

Dakara Boku wa, H ga Dekinai - Hentai Power, in short . It's so, so with a "-", since I don't like almost full naked scenes, although they are tied with the story as an important aspect... well they make sense in a way...

Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita - this is crazy, as someone already mentioned . A talking bread, that willingly committed suicide so that people could taste him, not to mention that red thing that looked like blood spilled out of him like a fountain ;P. Imagine the rest .

Hyouka - this is one of those pearls shining in shadow. The story itself is simple and not too fast. It's mainly school-life with mystery, but what's really great about this show are it's main characters. They are extremely well done and each one of them fleshes out the other one even more.

NarutoSD: Rock Lee no Seishun Full-Power Ninden - this is pretty bad compared to it's manga version, but what can you expect, they simply don't have enough of good source material...

Saint Seiya Omega - many people call this the worst Saint Seiya and frankly speaking it isn't the best. The art didn't proceed much since the first show and the characters with the story, well, I guess it would be hard to top the first generation, not to mention the Canvas version. The creators of this show, completely forgot, that at it's time Saint Seiya had a nice art with, at it's time, unparalleled detailed armor designs. Compared with Canvas (that seemed to be even better story, character and art wise than the first series), it's nothing special, still it is a Saint Seiya (he even appears in the show ), so any fan of the series should check it out .

Kuroko no Basuke - if I were to compare it with another sports anime (Area no Kishi) that started at similar time, it's much better, since it's closer to Captain Tsubas with better style, while Area no Kishi is mostly (but be aware that not fully) realistic.

Campione! - this is quite nice, people say that it's pace is a little too fast, but It's no so bad. Oh right, every episode people comment with "Unlimited Blade Works", yeah you can imagine why. Fan of Hero/Demon King/Godslayer stories ? Then go check it out .

Hagure Yuusha no Estetica - this is a show that can be somewhat compared with the one above, although their stories are quite different. It's basically a story about: "what happens to heroes, that were finally able to return to their home-world after their majestic, heroic quest, but with their inhuman powers still intact" , yep it's a nice show as well, although it gets a "-" since the boob-flashes are pointless fan-service and the show could live without them. It looks like pure fun, but the show has it's lingering dark motives.

Oda Nobuna No Yabou - this show, I just don't know how to describe it properly. When I first saw the title, I was like: "oh damn, another show about Nobunaga that probably will be bad/fucked up... oh well might check it out"... and you know what ? It is good, it's probably the best show with Nabuna(ga ) that is out there. Their version of the One-eyed Dragon itself is a win .

Arcana Famiglia - I had some expectation for this show, but for now it's so, so or even below... the hentai power seemed better...

Kono Naka ni Hitori, Imouto ga Iru! - I watched a few episodes and all I have to say is: "Japan..." right, the show seemed interesting, since it was based on a Visual Novel, in which you supposedly got a bad ending, if you guessed wrong and picked the MC's sister... right, the mystery was revealed quite quick and I somewhat lost interest after that...

Koi to Senkyo to Chocolate - this, well there is some dark plot going in the background of this story and not only one at that. Hard to say anything more about it.

Binbougami ga! - another pearl in the darkness. It's a good laugh (there is ton of references to other shows, especially to DB/Z there is basically at least one in each episode ;P). The story and characters are quite good as well.

I think it's all from the shows I checked out ;0.

Edit:

I found a new anime trailer that will be aired, in the future . I heard that the franchise is well received, so perhaps many of you have read the Light Novel or one of it's few manga adaptations. Artwork of anime is adapted from the LN, which supposedly is disappointing:
    - Maoyuu Maou Yuusha - "Be mine, Hero" "I refuse!":
    Last edited by Zero; 08-21-2012 at 07:39 PM. Reason: A new anime coming out soon ?