Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Upcoming Anime

Banned
    Code Geass in this BITCH! This companion story will redeem the Japanese after a craptacular summer season.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Phoenix View Post
    Code Geass in this BITCH! This companion story will redeem the Japanese after a craptacular summer season.

You know if we got that translated over here in the US yet? I hear it premiered in Japan long ago yet I see no website that harbors it. Hopefully we won't have to wait till it releases on DVD or some other time-consuming medium to view it. Interested to see if Akito can retain the quality of its predecessors without Lelouch as the protagonist.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Infinitum View Post
    You know if we got that translated over here in the US yet? I hear it premiered in Japan long ago yet I see no website that harbors it. Hopefully we won't have to wait till it releases on DVD or some other time-consuming medium to view it. Interested to see if Akito can retain the quality of its predecessors without Lelouch as the protagonist.
    Not sure. I've been looking all over the net and all I've found were promos. Supposedly the first OVA came out August 4th in Japanese theaters. Given that was 20 days ago I've no idea why it's taking so long for it to pop up online.

http://leetneet.com/anime/item/866-r...iled-announced
    http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-new...ed-anime-dated

The creator of Escaflowne is supposedly at the helm so I'm not entirely worried about whether or not it can retain the quality of its predecessors from a directional pov. My issue is the length. I heard it's going to be four OVAs and that's about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Phoenix View Post
    Not sure. I've been looking all over the net and all I've found were promos. Supposedly the first OVA came out August 4th in Japanese theaters. Given that was 20 days ago I've no idea why it's taking so long for it to pop up online.

http://leetneet.com/anime/item/866-r...iled-announced
    http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-new...ed-anime-dated

The creator of Escaflowne is supposedly at the helm so I'm not entirely worried about whether or not it can retain the quality of its predecessors from a directional pov. My issue is the length. I heard it's going to be four OVAs and that's about it.
    Thank you for the information. Usually with projects like this translators are forced to wait until it releases on DVD to translate as they cannot go to the theater themselves or what have you. With One Piece or Naruto movies this could take from 5 months to a year. So you could see why I was of discontent but since they are OVAs (information I was unaware of), it shouldn't take more than two months for it to come out and the translators to get their hands on it. There's a fairly high demand for Akito so expect it to turn up before December at the most.

Everyone, I know you were waiting for this, so here you have it :

The Autumn 2012 Anime Preview
    Spoiler!

Works worth noticing/interesting:
    @ANIME:
    - Kamisama Kiss - I heard that this is an awesome Shoujou, might check it out ,
    - Magi - ... ,
    - PSYCHO-PASS - the name and the pic is quite appealing ,
    - Hatate no Gotoku! I Can't Take My Eyes Off You - it's Hayate (seems like it is closer to the second one), although I'm not sure why they have made another, completely new one (it's the 3rd restart ;P ?)...
    - Monsuno - might check it out,
    - Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shhitai! - sounds interesting,
    - Zetsuen no Tempest - this is quite a mayor player from what I heard, you better check it out,
    - Jormungand 2 - first season was good,
    - CODE:BREAKER - it's all you need to knows to watch it ,
    - JoJo's Bizarre Adventure The animation - this is a new anime adaptation of the classic manga,
    - Shin Sekai Yori - sounds interesing,
    - Bakuman 3 - yep .
    I will probably check more of them anyway .
    @MOVIES/ODA/OVA/SPECIAL/ETC:
    - Accel World,
    - The World God Only Knows,
    - Inou x Boku SS,
    - Kore wa Zombie Desu ka ?
    - as to Code Geas Gaiden... I think that I will wait until all 4 episode are out and subbed,
    - Tiger & Bunny Movie 1: The Beginning - I'm not quite sure what it will be about (that fat hero, or ?), but it is Tiger and Bunny ;D, what's more the number 1 in the movie's name suggest that there will be other ,
    - Evangelion 3.0: You Can (Not) Redo - it's about damn time .
    I might check more of it .

Edit: Reposted a new pic, since the last one disappeared ... well actually it's an updated version of the previous one .
    Last edited by Zero; 10-05-2012 at 11:20 AM.

Yep, it's this time of season, to put out the new and up coming Anime/OVA/ODA/Special/Movies .

First of a link (for a bigger version):
    WINTER 2012/13 ANIME CHART (DECEMBER 2012 -> FEBRUARY 2013)
    and now an image:
    Spoiler!

I will start with saying that I'm actually more anticipating the movies coming out soon rather than the series , so I will start with them :
    <-> Movies (I'm going to watch):
    - we have 2 bakemonogatari movies (both of them are prequels from I know),
    - Berserk Golden Age part 3,
    - Toaru Majutsu no Index (though I would prefer a new season instead... the novel is already at part 2 for some time now),
    - and other maybe.

<-> BD/DVD/OVA/Special:
    - I will probably only watch those of the series that I liked anyway , probably even less.

<-> Series (worth checking/seem interesting ?):
    - Savanna Game, standard kill them all, in game-style, with magic, story, but with added time-travel from what I heard,
    - Ore no Kanajo... might check it out,
    - Bakumatsu... as above, but less interested for now,
    - Senyu, hmmmmmm, I wonder...,
    - Boku wa Tomodachi... I have watched the first season, so I will watch this one as well (they might even do a spin-off later on),
    - Sasami-san... from what I understood, It's about NEET girl, who is a master stalker of her brother from her PC, that uses some bizarre system to spy on her brothers life and romance, how could I not check it out ;p ?
    - Mondai-Ji... maybe or not,
    - Beast Saga, this sounds to me like some reboot of an certain old series, but I'm not sure,
    - Hakkended... probably not,
    - Cucticle Detective... maybe, since there is little to no good anime with werewolfs... well, I can't name any at least ... well maybe beside Dance in the Vampire B..., it was alright, but the adaptation could have been much better,
    - Tamako Market, you can read it as K-ON Alternative, if you like... it will be strange if I check it out ,
    - Maoyuu Mao Yuusha, you can notice trailers of it in my signature, so yeah I will check it out, let's hope it is a great adaptation,
    - Amnesia, maybe,
    - Mangirl!, perhaps,
    - Train Hero, who knows ?

I mentioned a few more series than I thought , still, there are only few that I will check out for sure, the rest are maybe at best.

EDIT:

Ops, looks like there was a mistake. The Nekomonogatari: Kuro, is actually a third season and not a movie (an adaptation of the 6th book in the Monogatari series). This means that Kizumonogatari will be the only prequel movie... I think . Anyway, hooray for the 3rd season . Oh I almost forgot, there are already 4 episodes in raw on the net...
    Last edited by Zero; 01-01-2013 at 02:30 AM.

Hi guys, it's me again posting in this thread, which means that I bring you a preview of the animes for the next season . Of course, since it is so soon, there might be some changes to it, but for now, drool at and dream of the upcoming anime series in spring .

SPRING ANIME 2013 CHART (march to may)
    Spoiler!

Worth mentioning are:
    - Arata Kangatari - it's an adaption of a shonen manga series spewing over 200 chapter and still ongoing from what I remember ,
    - Shingeki no Kyojin - an adaptation of a quite awesome seinen manga, we have a thread about it with anime trailer of it in it ,
    - Dansei Bunri no Crime Edge - sounds interesting,
    - Karneval - ah, I remember a shoujo manga of it, it has light yaoi themes if I remember correctly,
    - Hentai Ouji to Warawanai Neko - ah yes, I remember this, it was quite fun to read a manga about it. It has romance, supernatural and comedy,
    - Devil Survivor 2 - it's an adaptation of an awesome DS game (belonging to the Shin Megami Tensei franchise); quite shocking that they went all over to the second game, then again they aren't really related,
    - Suisei no Galgantia - seems like a mecha anime, but might be closer to Escaflone,
    - Ginga Kikotai - from the looks of it, it's Macross Frontier combined with Infinity Stratos,
    - Hataraku - people are quite eagerly anticipating it for some reason, from what I have noticed, it is a comedy,
    - Hayate no Gotoku - a fourth season, which means that hopefully they will return to the way they were doing the second season,
    - Date A Live - ah this, yes I remember this as well (wow, what's going on with this spring season ), it might turn to be quite interesting, hard to say since I have read only a few chapters of it,
    - Ore no Imouto (Oreimo) second season - I liked the first one, especially when the sister went abroad, so I will most likely watch this one as well ,
    - RDG: Red Data Girl - I might check it out,
    - Kakumeiki Valvrave - even thought this is supposedly an original work, it does look familiar , might check it out since it looks like Macross Frontier fused with Gundam 00,
    - Yahari- if this is what I think it is, then this might turn out to be pretty awesome .

This spring season is strong, well the spring season is normally strong compared to the rest of the year, but even as a spring season it does seem strong. Let's hope that there will only be changes for the better .

I hardly watch anime these days which is sad but Attack on Titan & Majestic Prince seem promising.

Fire type

What chakra type are you?
    http://www.quizilla.com/quizzes/4038...lement-are-you

I know or rather heard they had the HSDK ova's to test the waters for a re intro/ continuation. Any news on ratings? and the possibility of it coming back with more episodes?
    There are more things in heaven and earth then is dreamt of in your philosophy

Quote Originally Posted by SCarred Luffy Lvl:Z View Post
    I know or rather heard they had the HSDK ova's to test the waters for a re intro/ continuation. Any news on ratings? and the possibility of it coming back with more episodes?
    Where did u hear this? It'd be nice to see some kind of proof/confirmation before starting to look forward to this.