• Good

18 51.43%
  • Average

5 14.29%
  • Epic Fail

2 5.71%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    This chapter was decent for what it was although these setup chapters are getting a little tired, so far the war still seems a little childish. I am hoping Kabuto's seriousness reflects on the war as a whole because so far the dead guys really don't seem very fearsome, after most of them basically decomposed of there own accord and the others we have seen have basically been praising their opponents its about time we saw some blood on the field.

I am still liking Kabuto and Madara trying to play each other and I found a number of the points in their conversation interesting. Although Kabuto is theoretically still vulnerable to Madara he seems completely confident while Madara seems to be the one getting worried. While Kabuto basically baited Madara here Madara himself seemed like he was just making idol threats as a desperate attempt to get information but it really did seem like he was the one who didn't have the courage to make a move. I also found it interesting that Kabuto seemed to refer to Madara as though he were not present, perhaps another hint that Tobi is not who he claims to be, although I am still divided in terms of whether or not that is the case. Kabuto reiterates the fact that he has more up his sleeve than just the Edo Tensei zombies and he seems very confident that things are still working in his favor. His comment about understanding the Rikudou's power could be taken multiple ways, it could be that he intends to take the Rikudou's power as his own (much like Madara) or it could be that he intends to use that knowledge to derail Madara's plans and take him down. Right now even with Edo Tensei, Kabuto doesn't seem to have a clear way to beat Madara, with Hashirama's cells, the Eternal Mangekyou, and the Rinnegan, Madara is basically the ultimate warrior at the moment with a skillset that should theoretically allow him to instantly copy and use almost any technique on top of his many powerful bloodline powers. None of the dead characters Kabuto resurrected would likely have what is necessary to take down Madara unless a group attacked him all at once and even if they could Madara basically has the perfect escape skillset. Kabuto's plan to stay hidden makes a lot of sense under the circumstances but as this chapter showed he has Zetsu's spores planted on him so that should mean that Madara can appear before him at anytime to take him down, so I have to assume Kabuto has some other plan in mind to solve that problem.

Black Zetsu's presence was an interesting addition to this chapter. I have to wonder what his task is, Madara had said that he was leaving Black and White Zetsu to guard Sasuke but now they are divided again. Since the beginning Zetsu has been eating the corpses of dead ninja, while he may have just been getting rid of the bodies, I doubt that is all there is to it. Madara is a collecter of bloodlines and unique abilities, my guess is that he is gathering all those parts for something big and Zetsu is part of it. It has already been implied that Zetsu bears some similarity to Madara, he should possess the Uchiha and Senju blood and we have already seen that Madara used the Gedou Mezo with the tailed beasts to create the Zetsu army. I would not be surprised if he were also creating somekind of monsters, perhaps substitute Jinnchuuriki that have access to the tailed beast powers or something along those lines. Madara seemed to make it sound like the tailed beasts were his trump card when he threatened war at the Kage summit, and while he is using them indirectly through the Zetsu army I highly doubt that is all. I imagine he will be using there power more directly in some way and we already know that he can create life forms and that he has access to bloodlines that could allow him to control the beasts.

Another possibility is that the white Zetsu army was only half of Madara's force and Madara has another army of black Zetsus that is currently being prepared. Madara also has at least 100 sharingans perhaps he intends to implant the sharingans into an army of black Zetsus or something to that effect. We really don't know what Black Zetsu can do, his powers are quite mysterious. If Madara was able to grow his own Hashirama though I wouldn't be surprised if he has had Zetsu gathering the bodies of dead Ninja so that he can create new ones of his own or implant various abilities of those ninja into new artificial life forms that he has created. This is a plot that has been building since the beinging of the series. Ninja go to great lengths to protect the abilities of the dead, even creating ninja who are assgined the task of destroying the bodies of other ninja (as was mentioned when Haku collected Zabuza). With Zetsu collecting/consuming dead ninja, it makes sense that Madara would have some plans to use them in some way, perhaps many ways. With the ability to create artifical life forms and the ability to fuse the cells of multiple individuals Madara could potentially create a group of warriors to match Kabuto's own force of resurrected ones. It has already been implied that Kabuto can counter the white Zetsu's so Madara likely needs a force of his own because I highly doubt that the white Zetsu army would be able to take care of Kabuto's zombie ninjas, and that is assuming that Kabuto hasn't tampered with them already.
    Last edited by artifice; 12-17-2010 at 12:49 PM.

One thing that was funny, was that Tobidara said that there is a drawback to everything. It sounded like even the eternal eye, seems to have a mayor drawback. Maybe you don't loose your eyeshigt from EMS, but you loose all of your other senses ? Or you are limited only to doujutsus, as we have seen that Tobi used only them.

I've just watched the latest Naruto Episode. Kabuto might do the same trick to madara as the woman in this episode. And he'll do more than mind reading of course.
    UNLEASH THE GREEN BEAST OF KONOHA

Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    One thing that was funny, was that Tobidara said that there is a drawback to everything. It sounded like even the eternal eye, seems to have a mayor drawback. Maybe you don't loose your eyeshigt from EMS, but you loose all of your other senses ? Or you are limited only to doujutsus, as we have seen that Tobi used only them.
    I would think the drawback to the EMS, just like the MS before it, is that it uses up tons of chakra. That much probably hasn't changed. So spamming it is still not really an option. If there's anything else, we'll have to wait and see.

I think Sasuke will have gained more ability to spam it... he gained more than just his sight back, he said he could feel Itachi's power flowing in to him. My theory is that the EMS is basically a fusion of spiritual energies (which the Uchiha house in their Sharingan). So Sasuke should have a bigger, badder Susano'o, a Tsukuyomi that surpasses Itachi's, spam Amaterasu without any difficulty, and basically fight forever.

I know it hasn't been stated at all that the EMS grants the user more chakra. It's only confirmed that it restores their sight, prevents blindness, and grants a new Mangekyou technique. However, I'm pretty sure that it'll have improved Sasuke's powers and his ability to use them. Otherwise, it wouldn't be much of a power-up, but would merely keep Sasuke at the level he was when he took down Danzou. And that kind of power, even with a new, super-hax technique, isn't enough of a power-up to match Sage/Kyuubi Naruto. Sasuke's new powers are going to show us exactly why Naruto needed all that strength to fight him.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    Hmmmmm, you make a pretty good point there.
    Panda Facts
    Spoiler!

I suspect Kabuto May have Trojan Horsed himself into Geddou Mazou through Yamato. His bite may have done more than just paralyze.

I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !

Kakashi and Zabuza fighting against each other again will be nice to see in the next chapter.
    Signature by me.

Wasn't sure or didn't fully understand B/c they didn't really show in the panels but the second the Zetsu clones got spit out of the earth, they were all destroyed? and none like reformed, or pieced back together? Kind of thought the clones would get that ability from Yamato?

Heroes Don't Hav Red Eyes Immortal-JyNxX's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Afro Thunda View Post
    I would think the drawback to the EMS, just like the MS before it, is that it uses up tons of chakra. That much probably hasn't changed. So spamming it is still not really an option. If there's anything else, we'll have to wait and see.
    Sasuke has big chakra so spamming isn't an issue. If EMS has a new drawback its gonna be something significant..

Also Kabuto is confident in his success while Tobi is all scared and shit. That's because A) Kabuto is in control of Nagato, Itachi and likely the real Madara and B) being in essence Orochimaru, Kabuto already is better than Tobi..
    I'm right so if you have another opinion about anything you're wrong!! ...Well unless you said Karin would live or Sasuke will take Itachi's eyes lol!

Phixion loves to delete my "witty" post..