Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Katanagatari

Katanagatari

This anime just ended. Easily one of the best on 2010.

Hopefully it comes out on blu-ray eventually.

um, give us more info on it dammit.
    A bridge towards peace; the will of fire still endures!

Rokudaime Hokage, Rokudaime Rikudou Sennin Uzumaki Naruto

This was awesome. Such a great story and the animation wasn't really that bad, I would say that in the last ep it was even impresive.
    It was so cool to see Shichika at full power in the last ep, with no stupid conditions, just epic .

Still, what about the fight with the crystal sword guy ? They never showed it, are they going to make OVA of it ?

Oh, I must admit that the art was better in the letter episodes as they lessened the lines on the characters (you can see the BIG difference in the flashback in the last ep).

Now, we only need a game .

BTW. What did Shikizaki Kiki do to the first generation of Kyoutoryu ? Did he made some nano-machines or something ? After all, they all had the "curse", though did they loose it after passing it to their descendants ?
    Last edited by Zero; 12-12-2010 at 11:28 AM.

Is the last episode already fansubbed? Man, I've been waiting for this series to be completed for the whole year .

who subs this anime?

Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    This was awesome. Such a great story and the animation wasn't really that bad, I would say that in the last ep it was even impresive.
    It was so cool to see Shichika at full power in the last ep, with no stupid conditions, just epic .

Still, what about the fight with the crystal sword guy ? They never showed it, are they going to make OVA of it ?

Oh, I must admit that the art was better in the letter episodes as they lessened the lines on the characters (you can see the BIG difference in the flashback in the last ep).

Now, we only need a game .

BTW. What did Shikizaki Kiki do to the first generation of Kyoutoryu ? Did he made some nano-machines or something ? After all, they all had the "curse", though did they loose it after passing it to their descendants ?
    Not showing that particular fight while animating it in the preview was clearly a "troll" by the anime creators. Not sure we'll ever see it, but the episode that replaced it was still bad ass.

As for your "curse" question, I believe it was just that...a curse Shikizaki embedded in Shichika's ancestor that passed to each following decendent. A few of the other swords had strange powers embedded within them, possibly accomplished through some sort of ninjutsu similar to the abilities used by the Maniwa tribe (in particular was the woman who infected her opponents and took over their bodies, making her essentially immortal). Nano-machines don't fit in this genre of anime given the timeframe.

I thought that art was great throughout the entire anime, though it's certainly styilized.

Well modern guns with unlimited ammo that additionaly produce fire and can cut, aren't of that timeframe as well ;P . Those weapons weren't magic. It was clearly said by Shikizaki. Those were weapons of the future or rather tools produced using future technology. Who knows how far he have seen. Unless in the future people will invent or discover magic. On the other hand, magic is that with technology can't produce.

Ninjutsu isn't necessarily magic...but I see what you're saying.

Shikizaki could forecast the future to an extent, but I don't believe that was the sole way he created all his weapons. Kyoutoryu had nothing at all to do with technology, and the Dokki Blade managed to contain his spirit somehow but no mention was made of advanced technology allowing for this.

Shikizaki's goal was to corrupt history: he saw one future outcome and desired to change it via actions in his present. THAT, seeing the future of populations, was his true ability (If you've ever read Foundation by Isaac Asimov, it's something like that novel's psychohistory). His creations (the 12 deviant blades) were a means to accomplish the changes he desired. That's how I see it, anyways.

So back to how each generation of Kyoutoryu contained that curse, I still don't see it relating to some advanced technological feat. What's more likely is the very nature of the fighting style causes/forces the user to eventually challenge the Shogunate and/or ruling class, regardless of who's actually ruling at the time.

Haven't seen the last few episodes how many are there total?
    Hey baby, wanna take a gander at some Adam West penis?

Twelve. One was shown each month.