17 44.74%
  • Average

3 7.89%
  • Bad

3 7.89%
  • Terrible

1 2.63%
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Kabuto said to madara he uses edo tensei better than those before him, he said Orochimaru prefected this jutsu, so I don't think the last chapter was what he meant by surpassing those before him because the jutsu's affect in the variation he did, more or less is the same. But what I think is gonna happen with some loop hole for the summoner to become a edo tensied summoning and become immortal more or less with the exceptions like death god summoning technique and hopefully some others in the future.

I think hes surpassing Orochimaru's version of immortality by being a edo tensied summoning.
    But one who could argue is there such a thing as immortality? Even edo tensei can be dealt with the death god seal.
    Last edited by psukkar; 12-10-2010 at 06:17 AM.
    The Master's Legacy

If a theory can't explain the mysteries of the past, it has little chance to explain the mysteries of the present and future.

Why is there NO COFFIN I don't see any in this ET?

Why Didn't ORO use A Scroll, A Chakra Pattern on the Ground, A Knife to stab himself? Kabuto's demonstration is a little different from what Oro did, Isn't it?

If the Hokage's were already pre-summoned by Oro, why didn't Oro know that the Fourth Wasn't gonna show up?

Kishi old boy, you're slipping!

I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !

I yam what I yam
    I'm on the east bank..I'm on the west bank
    Can someone please tell me where the edo zombies get their chakra? or do we not know that yet?

Imma have a hard time watching these guys perform bigass jutsus after bigass jutsus with no consequenses.

Other than a few details on edo tensei, i loved all the juicy info, thnx kishi. great chapter
    =============================
    " Nobody shoots my buddies but me!"

Quote Originally Posted by paulbee View Post

Why Didn't ORO use A Scroll, A Chakra Pattern on the Ground, A Knife to stab himself? Kabuto's demonstration is a little different from what Oro did, Isn't it?

If the Hokage's were already pre-summoned by Oro, why didn't Oro know that the Fourth Wasn't gonna show up?

When Orochimaru used this jutsu he must have had them all prepared and just used a regular summoning(time-space) to bring them to the fight, the ritual looks quite long to do in battle. The scroll must be the what this jutsu needs to bring someone back to life, like madara said, "so this is the ritual".

Also note Kabuto used coffins at first to scare Madara at their first meet, and when he was forced to do this jutsu now and then used no coffins, it means the coffins are just aesthetics and they simply mean the were prepared them before hand.
    The Master's Legacy

If a theory can't explain the mysteries of the past, it has little chance to explain the mysteries of the present and future.

Wow, I didnt even pay attention to the fact that there was no coffin. I could overlook that there was no scroll involved, but no coffin!!!??? Kishi just might be slippin, unless he explains it later. I still give Kishi props because he's just about explained everything else.
    Beware of the Kyubii

Stev3child - The biggest pussy of them all is rokudaime sennin though. If he was a real man, he wouldn't have relied on hax god-given powers to seal the Jyubi. He would have suplexed that bitch and ripped each tail from the beast one by one with his bare hands.

Quote Originally Posted by psukkar View Post
    When Orochimaru used this jutsu he must have had them all prepared and just used a regular summoning(time-space) to bring them to the fight, the ritual looks quite long to do in battle. The scroll must be the what this jutsu needs to bring someone back to life, like madara said, "so this is the ritual".

Also note Kabuto used coffins at first to scare Madara at their first meet, and when he was forced to do this jutsu now and then used no coffins, it means the coffins are just aesthetics and they simply mean the were prepared them before hand.
    If he had them prepared beforehand, then he should have known The 4th Hokage would be absent, he should not have been surprised the jutsu failled. Unless it wasn't the 4th and Sandaime really did stop whoever was in there

I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !

Recall Paulbee that Kabuto said his Edo Tensei is a VARIATION on the original jutsu. Clearly he's made changes/improvements, allowing him to achieve stuff Orochimaru probably never considered.

And that likely includes the realization of Edo Tensei's limited "reach" (only souls from the Pure World).

I'm betting Orochimaru prepared three bodies for Edo Tensei fully expecting the 4th to appear, given he didn't know Minato's soul couldn't be accessed. In fact, Orochimaru was surprised when his summons failed:

http://ani-haven.net/hr-alpha/Naruto/118/20

Quote Originally Posted by Moork View Post
    Recall Paulbee that Kabuto said his Edo Tensei is a VARIATION on the original jutsu. Clearly he's made changes/improvements, allowing him to achieve stuff Orochimaru probably never considered.

And that likely includes the realization of Edo Tensei's limited "reach" (only souls from the Pure World).

I'm betting Orochimaru prepared three bodies for Edo Tensei fully expecting the 4th to appear, given he didn't know Minato's soul couldn't be accessed. In fact, Orochimaru was surprised when his summons failed:

http://ani-haven.net/hr-alpha/Naruto/118/20
    Did Oro's summon fail or did the 3rd really stop whoever that was. I'm starting to lean towards that wasnt really the 4th that Oro tried to revive. Sarutobi looked like he really stoped the 3rd coffin.

even that translation doesnt make sense. It says "The third one didnt work". In the next panel it says "I was able to stop the third one". Contradiction maybe. How did he stop it if it didnt work from the start? There would'nt have been anything to stop
    Beware of the Kyubii

Stev3child - The biggest pussy of them all is rokudaime sennin though. If he was a real man, he wouldn't have relied on hax god-given powers to seal the Jyubi. He would have suplexed that bitch and ripped each tail from the beast one by one with his bare hands.

If he had them prepared beforehand, then he should have known The 4th Hokage would be absent, he should not have been surprised the jutsu failled. Unless it wasn't the 4th and Sandaime really did stop whoever was in there
    Not necessarily,

Orochimaru didn't know the jutsu would fail, your right he was surprised.

During that fight with the third hokage, the thrid hokage told orocihmaru he'll show him a jutsu even he isn't aware of (the death demon summoning). So its pretty clear Orochimaru didn't know the circumstances of how the forth hokage died and simply used the forth's dna and assumed the soul was in the pure world(afterlife).

Kishi is one hell of the author, everything is coming together from part 1.

Quote Originally Posted by OrochiKakaRiya View Post
    Did Oro's summon fail or did the 3rd really stop whoever that was. I'm starting to lean towards that wasnt really the 4th that Oro tried to revive. Sarutobi looked like he really stoped the 3rd coffin.

even that translation doesnt make sense. It says "The third one didnt work". In the next panel it says "I was able to stop the third one". Contradiction maybe. How did he stop it if it didnt work from the start? There would'nt have been anything to stop
    Simple: Hiruzen was wrong in thinking he stopped it, while Orochimaru was correct in realizing it failed.

Kabuto's explanation further validates this scenario.