Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
Results 51 to 59 of 59
  1. #51
    Lollipop Candy ♥BAD♥ girl daz bonez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    PDengkholan Blah Gono
    Posts
    2,048
    Quote Originally Posted by One Piece View Post
    this is what we've all been telling you this entire thread....
    like i said B4...i just want to know your GUYS OPINIONS about the womans in OP....
    just boils down this topic to three things.

    1: do you like the female characters personalities and behaviors?

    2: do you like how Oda draws the female characters?

    3: do you like what Oda has done with the females plot-wise?

    and i`m apologize if this thread had Offended you guys in some ways.
    __________________


    Quote Originally Posted by xioaxioa View Post
    Fisher Tiger is a punk ass bitch.

    -----credit to Maximo for the kick ass ava----

  2. #52
    The Emperor of Everything dct21's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,304
    Quote Originally Posted by daz bonez View Post
    like i said B4...i just want to know your GUYS OPINIONS about the womans in OP....
    just boils down this topic to three things.

    1: do you like the female characters personalities and behaviors?
    yes the main females in the story have interesting personalities, and in general are emotionally strong

    Quote Originally Posted by daz bonez View Post
    2: do you like how Oda draws the female characters?
    I guess they could be better, i noticed the female chareacters have big eyes while the male characters have small beady eyes, and hancock has a giant forehead.

    Quote Originally Posted by daz bonez View Post
    3: do you like what Oda has done with the females plot-wise?
    I noticed the women have the saddest backgrounds (just my personal opinion)

    Quote Originally Posted by daz bonez View Post
    and i`m apologize if this thread had Offended you guys in some ways.
    Didn't offend me none lol

  3. #53
    "Sanji?! Meat!!!" Gypseslice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Raftel aka UK
    Posts
    2,390
    Quote Originally Posted by daz bonez View Post
    Robin is too detached.
    I think the main reason Robin doesn't have a role like that is because she is so morbid, she'd probablly have written someone off as dead as soon as they went missing.
    Quote Originally Posted by daz bonez View Post
    like i said B4...i just want to know your GUYS OPINIONS about the womans in OP....
    just boils down this topic to three things.

    1: do you like the female characters personalities and behaviors?

    2: do you like how Oda draws the female characters?

    3: do you like what Oda has done with the females plot-wise?

    and i`m apologize if this thread had Offended you guys in some ways.
    1. Hmm that's a tuff one, personality wise i find it weird we don't have any real comical females, everybody has their moments but within the crew and out we have comical men pretty much every man in the crew aside from perhaps Zoro and Sanji have comedy feels in the everyday chapter but i fail to see women with comedy routines like that.

    2. It's great ofcourse, if he was gonna draw horrible characters with unrealistic themes i would agree entirely with other manga readers that OP art work isn't good

    3. The plots seem fine wo me altghough most of the time undermined i mean, Conis: was saved, Camie: was saved, Marguerite: was saved. Although this can be taken as a teaser for fans to say they will join, on ratio of saves women win.
    The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!


    “Champions do not become champions when they win the event, but in the hours, weeks, months and years they spend preparing for it. The victorious performance itself is merely the demonstration of their championship character”
    T. Alan Armstrong

  4. #54
    Senior Member Gulley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Miami, Florida
    Posts
    1,195
    Quote Originally Posted by daz bonez View Post
    like i said B4...i just want to know your GUYS OPINIONS about the womans in OP....
    just boils down this topic to three things.

    1: do you like the female characters personalities and behaviors?

    2: do you like how Oda draws the female characters?

    3: do you like what Oda has done with the females plot-wise?

    and i`m apologize if this thread had Offended you guys in some ways.
    1. I think their personalities are unique and makes them interesting characters.
    2. The drawings are nice, they all look well thought out with interesting looks and styles.
    3. Oda portrayed them in the story well.
    Signature by me.





  5. #55
    H+ xioaxioa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Location Moved
    Posts
    2,713
    Rise!

    So, something has been bothering me for a little while here. I had to find this thread do to one of my personality flaws. I couldn't post it in the current chapter thread because It's not current.

    Basically, it's been bothering me for awhile now, since the start of the fight at the Plaza. That being Nami and Robin have lost their unique personality traits and all but served zero purpose this arc. I noticed it when Franky revealed his battle mecha. Both Nami and Robin gave the same reaction to it while everyone else in the crew gave a unique reaction to fit their personality and given dialog in accordance. The other readers(you) just laughed it off and brushed it to the side. Later, Neither Nami nor Robin got a real fight(No Hammon does not count, he was reintroduced and taken out in like five pages) and gave the exact same reaction when Franky again made a display of his power. Again, that bothered me; they where no longer unique during this fight while all the others where showing individuality. Finally, after the battle was won, Nami and Robin acted like such bitches to the other crew members; being all snarky, like they are both on the rag or something. Basically, it appears to me that Oda is losing interest in his female crew members.

    I Love You!
    Spoiler!

  6. #56
    Strawhat Galkie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Holland!
    Posts
    162
    Quote Originally Posted by xioaxioa View Post
    Rise!

    So, something has been bothering me for a little while here. I had to find this thread do to one of my personality flaws. I couldn't post it in the current chapter thread because It's not current.

    Basically, it's been bothering me for awhile now, since the start of the fight at the Plaza. That being Nami and Robin have lost their unique personality traits and all but served zero purpose this arc. I noticed it when Franky revealed his battle mecha. Both Nami and Robin gave the same reaction to it while everyone else in the crew gave a unique reaction to fit their personality and given dialog in accordance. The other readers(you) just laughed it off and brushed it to the side. Later, Neither Nami nor Robin got a real fight(No Hammon does not count, he was reintroduced and taken out in like five pages) and gave the exact same reaction when Franky again made a display of his power. Again, that bothered me; they where no longer unique during this fight while all the others where showing individuality. Finally, after the battle was won, Nami and Robin acted like such bitches to the other crew members; being all snarky, like they are both on the rag or something. Basically, it appears to me that Oda is losing interest in his female crew members.
    You basically explaint what I was thinking..

    But there is a possibility that Oda is thinking of something else for them in the future,
    I guess well never know what he's thinking, are there any psychics here ? lol.


    You Become Someone, By Doing Something.



    Just.. Epic.
    Spoiler!

  7. #57
    Hee Hee Hee XD aggeroff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    where there is food
    Posts
    2,008
    Quote Originally Posted by xioaxioa View Post
    Rise!

    So, something has been bothering me for a little while here. I had to find this thread do to one of my personality flaws. I couldn't post it in the current chapter thread because It's not current.

    Basically, it's been bothering me for awhile now, since the start of the fight at the Plaza. That being Nami and Robin have lost their unique personality traits and all but served zero purpose this arc. I noticed it when Franky revealed his battle mecha. Both Nami and Robin gave the same reaction to it while everyone else in the crew gave a unique reaction to fit their personality and given dialog in accordance. The other readers(you) just laughed it off and brushed it to the side. Later, Neither Nami nor Robin got a real fight(No Hammon does not count, he was reintroduced and taken out in like five pages) and gave the exact same reaction when Franky again made a display of his power. Again, that bothered me; they where no longer unique during this fight while all the others where showing individuality. Finally, after the battle was won, Nami and Robin acted like such bitches to the other crew members; being all snarky, like they are both on the rag or something. Basically, it appears to me that Oda is losing interest in his female crew members.
    I don't really think so... Your basing this mostly on a single (though multiply used) joke, and the reaction was made specifically because they were female for that event only. I also wouldn't really call Ussop and Choppers reactions unique from each other (Luffy's to). Its a joke about how Franky focuses his robotics to be manly and excessive, he is awesome to men, but quite silly and pointless to women.

    As for after the battle, while Nami's always been sort of a bitch I don't see what you are talking about with Robin. She was acting very compassionately helping with Chopper being exhausted and healing Luffy.

    A their unique personality has be shown a lot and has had purpose this arc, Nami is still obsessed with treasure, like with her launching them at Caribou, still easily scared, like with the kraken, and still, as you said, a bitch at times. As for Robin, though she has always had less emotion then the rest of the crew, she still used the traits she does have well. She used her reasonability and stopped the fight with Jimbi and Luffy, with her curiosity she led us to discovering about Poseidon, and as I said above, her caring has helped keep the crew together.

    Again, its just a joke, its not as big as you make it out to be.
    Aggravate, Anger, and Piss off


  8. #58
    Sex on Fire Flare Blitz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    1,266
    ^what he said

  9. #59
    The Heropon! Sirxxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Hammerspace
    Posts
    862
    Haven't read through any of the posts yet, but you are dead-on with your depiction of the fanservice. Nami's post-time skip outfit is ridiculous, as it's essentially just her running around topless.

    That age-old, two-word cliche that will be the decline of all civilizations to come:
    Sex sells. *shrug*

    THEY CANCELLED THE REAL PIRATE KINGS OF RAFTEL?!!!



    Proud (and confused) subscriber of Shonen Jump Alpha.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •