Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Lollipop Candy ♥BAD♥ girl daz bonez's Avatar
    me..myself don`t have any problem with fanservice and such...If anything, fanservice is used by an inferior manga-ka to compensate for content a skilled one creates. To-Love-Ru comes to mind, it was nothing but pointless fanservice and circular situations, and now it's canceled, like a lot of manga of its type.

OP became popular without fanservice and its inclusion hasn't really made a noticeable impact in its popularity. Fanservice is mostly dead weight/filler, like a lot of chase scenes in Hollywood movies. There's really no explanation for why or how it found its way into OP, and why it's still here.

just like i stated in my first post...i just wanna know about you guys opinion about woman being portrayed in OP...

and about nami belly dancer outfit.The dressing isn't the main think that portrays them as cheap. I think it is mainly the charging to see her nude. still a litlle pity there`s no romance though. And the women are strong enough. Robin would be able to beat sanji.

Quote Originally Posted by xioaxioa View Post
    Fisher Tiger is a punk ass bitch.

-----credit to Maximo for the kick ass ava----

To-Love-Ru ended because of Personal issues, not because of it's pointless fan service. I don't even read To-Love-Ru. Fan-service is just that; a little extra for the fans. Yes, it really is useless other than what it is, but if you are good enough to make an excellent story that isn't hindered by the mass amount of Fan-service(Akamatsu), then well, yeah. Negima has a large and intricate background and wonderful plot with many varied character developments. I actually forgot that it had fan-service.

One Piece not having romance is bullshit. Yeah, there is no Lovey-Dovey Romance, but there is still romance. Take Robin and Franky for example: How would you describe their relationship? Their interactions are that of a Goofy Husband and Supportive Wife.

I Love You!
    Spoiler!

Lollipop Candy ♥BAD♥ girl daz bonez's Avatar
    To-Love-Ru ended because of Personal issues, not because of it's pointless fan service. I don't even read To-Love-Ru. Fan-service is just that; a little extra for the fans. Yes, it really is useless other than what it is, but if you are good enough to make an excellent story that isn't hindered by the mass amount of Fan-service(Akamatsu), then well, yeah. Negima has a large and intricate background and wonderful plot with many varied character developments. I actually forgot that it had fan-service.
    Well..in my Opinion..Negima Owns.

Fanservice doesn't really bug me that much unless it's over the top and excessive, which One Piece doesn't do, or gets in the way of the story (the Kalifa fight...ugh); I usually just roll my eyes and go on with my life. Though I will admit to briefly raising an eyebrow when Marguerite was topless for no reason (which the anime fixed).

I feel that while there are some unfortunate implications from time to time, Oda generally treats his female cast well. Compared to other shonen where females either exist to pine after the male leads or get sidelined so that the guys can act all slashy with each other, it handles itself pretty well in that regard.
    In OP, Beside Robin and Nami, Not many Women Have Big Boobs Unlike "BLEACH". And what is more interesting about OP is that Most Female are not young women...Cause this is Not a Teenager Manga

Though, I wouldn't mind it if Oda broke his habit of samebody, but at six-hundred chapters in, I guess it's here to stay.

One Piece not having romance is bullshit. Yeah, there is no Lovey-Dovey Romance, but there is still romance. Take Robin and Franky for example: How would you describe their relationship? Their interactions are that of a Goofy Husband and Supportive Wife.
    robin and franky...nah....i prefer for robinXluffyXnami......but then again,every girl in OP-verse wants to get laid with zoro...

Fisher Tiger is a punk ass bitch.

-----credit to Maximo for the kick ass ava----

Quote Originally Posted by One Piece View Post
    I'm sure a lot of people will agree with me when asking if you can show some visual examples on what you have a problem with?
    *Nods*
    The fuck? Franky? Franky is to Super for anyone.

Negima bah everyone says its real good I started it last year stop reading it after like the 12th chapter in or something. It had so much uncreative fan service, like to random it got corny fast. The little kid teacher/magic didn't seem interesting either, only thing I liked about it was the art. The art was real good, the mangaka is talented definitely.

LuffyxRobin Fo Life.

I really don't have a problem with it. In real life, of course the girls would be different. Imo, Robin is the kind of girl I would like. Oda may have changed somewhat from when he began the manga, but is his drawing style is exquisite and I do appreciate it. It's just humor and it's still a shonen, not a seinen, so he can't reveal too much. If you want romance, go read a Shojo.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Currently reading/watching:
    One Piece, Naruto, Shingeki no Kyojin, Kenichi, Hajime No Ippo The Rising, Hunter x Hunter

Veteran Member
    Quote Originally Posted by daz bonez View Post
    Well..in my Opinion..Negima Owns.
    Which had tons of fanservice.. though its slowed down lately.. o.o It does own, though..

Fanservice doesn't really bug me that much unless it's over the top and excessive, which One Piece doesn't do, or gets in the way of the story (the Kalifa fight...ugh); I usually just roll my eyes and go on with my life. Though I will admit to briefly raising an eyebrow when Marguerite was topless for no reason (which the anime fixed).
    I dont even remember that.. Marguerite was on the island luffy ended up on, right?

In OP, Beside Robin and Nami, Not many Women Have Big Boobs Unlike "BLEACH". And what is more interesting about OP is that Most Female are not young women...Cause this is Not a Teenager Manga
    Are you serious? Although, OP may just seem worse because the women are in bikinis and such a lot, while bleach mainly has them in kiminos.. Besides like yoruichi and Orihime, and grown-up nel and halibel, i guess. Most manga aimed at males will generally have women with larger than average chests..
    A lot of the times its how they are portrayed with their chests.. I mean... kuja island..

And to-love-ru wasnt really canceled because of its fan service, though someone answered that already. It did come back with darkness..

FenixMarco, joking aside, you know it to be true. Franky and Robin are the perfect match. Also, don't give up on Negima, the first 20 or 30 chapters are just comedy and fan service, but after that, a shit ton of action comes into play. Right now, Negima is more intense then Naruto and Bleach combined.

shadowfox87, bullshit. If you want romance, just read a different shounen. One Piece is a rare exception that doesn't contain romance. A lot of shounen do have romance.

I Love You!
    Spoiler!

Joking aside I don't know both they're personalities for me just wouldn't work and especially Franky. Can't see him as the relationship type. Robin and Luffy's personalities mix well not just a typical opposite attracts situation bullshit, like really think about it. I'll think about Negima your like the second person who told me the beginning was like that.

I think the best chance to get Robin has Zoro.
    There were some hints (i.e Robin knows that Zoro wanted to sacrifice himself for the crew.

Here and here.

There were other such little remarks, but I can't remember them clearly.

So if there would be romance involving Robin in OP, than I'm all for Zoro x Robin and Boa x Luffy
    Ava & Sig created by Max
    v Credits to IIDX v
    Spoiler!

Everything said below is a drunk version of me. I am drunk.

The most interactions and the most mature interactions have been between Robin and Franky. In fact, both the Water 7 arc and Thriller Bark arc, Robin and Franky spent the majority of the time with each other. Their relationship i s amazing. You have Robin who could resurrect the ancient weapon and you have Franky who could build the ancient weapon. Not only is their relationship perfect, it is the ultimate taboo for the world Government. The only thing worst is if Dragon was the one to marry them.

To end this note; peanut butter, applesauce, condoms. Fuck yeah.

I Love You!
    Spoiler!