Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    I just think that it is an age related issue.

As the Manga gets older, the readers get older too. So maybe he wants to give these little pubescent japanese kids what they want.

IMO It doesn't affect the Manga enough to really be concered about.
    Ava & Sig created by Max
    v Credits to IIDX v
    Spoiler!

The Emperor of Everything dct21's Avatar
    Im not really seeing the fan service in one piece especially when you compare it to HSDK or another manga like that.

The women in one piece are really strong and smart most of the times
    Nami
    Vivi
    Robin
    Hancock
    Margaret

Lollipop Candy ♥BAD♥ girl daz bonez's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Shepherd View Post
    ... lol.. haha..

In bakuman the moms opinion totally should have been ignored in that situation...

And the fan service isnt really an issue.. He shouldnt need to work a lot of the shots in, anyway.. they can come natural from the right angles. :-p

Now, is it not the same in reverse for shojo mangas?
    hemmm..if admiring cute guys with perfect shape,good looking and a prince charming attitude is the same case with boys who enjoy boobies in shonen, well i guess it`s a yes....
    but i don`t read to much shojo...only VK,Hanakimi,HYD and some other....

Im not really seeing the fan service in one piece especially when you compare it to HSDK or another manga like that.

The women in one piece are really strong and smart most of the times
    Nami
    Vivi
    Robin
    Hancock
    Margaret
    Eh, he could admittedly be better with them, although at least there's one female Yonkou & Shichibukai, but compared to Naruto & Bleach, it's no contest.

Quote Originally Posted by xioaxioa View Post
    Fisher Tiger is a punk ass bitch.

-----credit to Maximo for the kick ass ava----

King Dingaling Muddafuher One Piece's Avatar
    Will Lola's mom being one of the mysterious yonkou make you feel better? -.-

Shonen Jump's a boys action magazine so of course there's always going to be a little exploitation of the female anatomy since the majority of their readers from the magazine are pubescent teenage boys and lets be honest, SJ's a business and you gotta do what you gotta do to keep your business alive. OP does have some fanservice but it's mostly used in jokes and I don't see any "extreme fanservice" unless you have some examples of them.

Also about the clothing, i don't really see a problem with it. They dress accordingly to the weather( which is a nice touch by oda btw) and they're also pirates in a SJ manga, they've always gotta look cool and a little sexy. imo it'd just be lame to see someone with nami or hancock wearing a thick ass sweater. not because of their looks, but because it wouldn't really fit in with their character. Because besides their persona, clothing also makes the character. You could have the coolest character but if he looks lame then nobody will like him. Take Franky for example, he was never really that popular with the majority of readers but when he got a new look, his popularity rose.

Infact, women in the OP world are treatred a whole lot better than actual majority of women back in actual pirate days

Click to get your very own:Superrr~ Cross777 repellent^

There's a saying in the OP forums which goes like this..."If a new unidentified character is wearing a hat, he must be Sabo!"...Yeah, take that Obitio/Tobi/Madara theorists!

Spoiler!

One Piece

(Tashigi too, but she is ugly and stupid).
    This guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Light-kun View Post
    1. LOL!
    v Anyone remember this ? v

2. Agreed

3. Almost completely agreed (Akamastu and Oda are on the same level for me.)

4. Tashigi > Perona
    Now this guy knows his stuff.

By the way in one of the SBS's (or it could be a interview my memory is vague) Oda get's a complaint about his fan service with Nami obviously the massive implants. He himself wasn't planning on fan service (which I doubt, what sane guy doesn't) just that jump editors made him, so he was forced to do it but understood agreeing this is a shonen manga.

I don't know why your complaining though or any of the girls, Zoro is drawn half naked almost all the time and same with Luffy's shirt. So it cancels out we get our boobs and you girls get your ugh man boobs!

I'd much rather think of women dressing sexy to be an advantage, mostly to catch their manly adversaries off guard while they're staring at their....revealing spots.
    Take Mary Reed for instance, who, while in a fight with another man, tore her shirt open to reveal her boobs, then stabbed the guy and killed him (presumably he was staring wide-eyed at her...boobs).

I mean seriously, asides from any fan service, what other reason(s) do you guys think a woman would dress sexy whilst sailing the seas?

I mean seriously, asides from any fan service, what other reason(s) do you guys think a woman would dress sexy whilst sailing the seas
    i don't know being poor maybe or just being a single i don't know i'm not a woman ask Daz bonez she's a woman

as for the fan service i don't mind it but i also don't need it
    Plz just ignore the bad english

Veteran Member
    Quote Originally Posted by daz bonez View Post
    hemmm..if admiring cute guys with perfect shape,good looking and a prince charming attitude is the same case with boys who enjoy boobies in shonen, well i guess it`s a yes....
    but i don`t read to much shojo...only VK,Hanakimi,HYD and some other....

Eh, he could admittedly be better with them, although at least there's one female Yonkou & Shichibukai, but compared to Naruto & Bleach, it's no contest.
    Yeah.. so you are saying its any different then a reversed shojo? We like "Shape/body" .. "Sexy" ... "Any personality that doesnt piss us off" ... girls... Really.. it is a shonen... which is the opposite of shojo (pretty much) so its only natural for it to be reversed like that. Guys who read shojo probably have to put up with it, so girls who read shonen must, too..

And seriously, naruto and bleach arent really any worse than OP.. Its only natural that male characters are generally stronger and more of them.. Id say even in shojos.. There will probably be some that are reversed for all of them, though.. Now, naruto is probably worse, theres tsunade and.. narutos mom? Oh, and that other female kage.. (and, technically i guess the granny from sand village)
    Bleach has plenty of female characters, quite a few of them are even strong. Not all of them are dumb, too..

Oh, and what you said almost goes against op.. 1/4 and 1/7 are girls.. bleach has better ratios which i dont feel like counting(though the captian ratio isnt really much better than the 1/7 i think.. but the VC is).. and naruto has 2/5, 1/3.. but they are generally weaker in naruto even at those positions.
    Overall, id say they are almost equal.. It will change by the way you look at it, but overall...

Lollipop Candy ♥BAD♥ girl daz bonez's Avatar
    well..most woman in naruto are useless.

as for the fan service i don't mind it but i also don't need it
    By fanservice, you are referring to them putting in sexual themes because the majority of readers are teenage males, right?

I think the belly dancer outfit actually made sense. Sanji was picking them out. They actually were less revealing than other articles of clothing she has worn. Happiness punch does seem to go a little far. Nami is portrayed a little more as a stripper with these scenes.

Fisher Tiger is a punk ass bitch.

-----credit to Maximo for the kick ass ava----

King Dingaling Muddafuher One Piece's Avatar
    I'm sure a lot of people will agree with me when asking if you can show some visual examples on what you have a problem with?

Click to get your very own:Superrr~ Cross777 repellent^

There's a saying in the OP forums which goes like this..."If a new unidentified character is wearing a hat, he must be Sabo!"...Yeah, take that Obitio/Tobi/Madara theorists!

Spoiler!