Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Lollipop Candy ♥BAD♥ girl daz bonez's Avatar

xxxHOLiC What do you think of the way women are portrayed in OP?

Do you like the way women are in OP?i`m a girl so i wanna know what you guys think?

My opinion. I am okay with their strength. Everyone acts like women need to be able to take on Godzilla. I was actually worried Robin was too strong at the beginning. Couldn't she just snap everyone's necks at night? Wouldn't CP9 be a breeze for her to beat?

I am not crazy for the clothing. I think the mini skirts that would be 4-6 inches long in reality are pretty pointless, especially from a fighting stand point. I think that it was a good switch though, lose a shirt for some pants. The CP9 clothing for Nami seemed the worse, but oh well.

and bout the fanservice, The fanservice bothers me only because it's an increase from what it was in East Blue and early Arabasta. When Nami and Vivi's belly-dancing costumes and the Happiness Punch were the extremes of OP fanservice,

Oda established early on that he can write a good story independent of stupid stuff like fanservice to sustain interest. Fanservice only handicaps most authors with a story to tell anyway (Akamatsu?). So when the fanservice went on the increase with CP9, it really limited his freedom because he's almost obligated to include some fanservice shots in each chapter. Each shot comes at the expense of something else he could be showing. Remember how he couldn't include Daddy the Father in East Blue because of chapter/panel limitations?

I don't know what brought about this change in Oda's approach, but the worst case scenario is the Jump editors pressured him, and that Oda of all people ended up submitting to them makes me very angry. It's probably not a big deal to him however he arrived at the change, nor to the Japanese readers.

What is everyone's opinions on the women in OP.

Quote Originally Posted by xioaxioa View Post
    Fisher Tiger is a punk ass bitch.

-----credit to Maximo for the kick ass ava----

Its honestly the same in most animes if not better. In fact in many they are simply sex objects and jokes. OP is tame compared too others some mangas they cant go a chapter without fan service. Yeah it has increased but its still not on the same level as others
    Pandaman FOR PRESDIENT

1: You're a girl? Bullshit!
    2: I don't read One Piece for Fan service, so I never paid much attention to it. Still, Oda doesn't seem to care to much about it either as even though Nami, Vivi and Robin wear revealing clothing, they eventually cover up such as during Arabasta and now at 7000 meters under.
    3: Bitch, don't talk bad about Akamastu. That man is on the same status as Toriyama, which is above that of Oda's. Those two are what created modern day shonen manga.
    4: There is a reason why I call the OP girls whores. Scantly dressed and selling themselves for money. That's why I like Perona. She may be a high class stuck up bitch, but she dresses decent and doesn't put out(Tashigi too, but she is ugly and stupid).

I Love You!
    Spoiler!

Lollipop Candy ♥BAD♥ girl daz bonez's Avatar
    2: I don't read One Piece for Fan service, so I never paid much attention to it. Still, Oda doesn't seem to care to much about it either as even though Nami, Vivi and Robin wear revealing clothing, they eventually cover up such as during Arabasta and now at 7000 meters under.
    3: Bitch, don't talk bad about Akamastu. That man is on the same status as Toriyama, which is above that of Oda's. Those two are what created modern day shonen manga.
    4: There is a reason why I call the OP girls whores. Scantly dressed and selling themselves for money. That's why I like Perona. She may be a high class stuck up bitch, but she dresses decent and doesn't put out(Tashigi too, but she is ugly and stupid).
    LOl......just been waiting 4 those line.

i don`t think whores is best word to put it,but a slut is more fit.they don`t go sleeping with the guys.well It could be worse if you ever seen To aru Majustu No index or Bakuman or black cat. They literrally treat the women like shit. In some of them the main character just blatantly smacks the bull shit out of them. In bakuman the moms opinion is so meaningless.

Fisher Tiger is a punk ass bitch.

-----credit to Maximo for the kick ass ava----

Need to get laid soldier.

On queue, they are more likely not pirates on their wardrobe. That's it.
    What's up Motherf*ckers?!...

Quote Originally Posted by wwdotcom View Post
    Need to get laid soldier.

On queue, they are more likely not pirates on their wardrobe. That's it.
    Not soldier. Sailor.

I'm an US Navy Sailor living in Japan. I'm treated as a celebrity here; trust me, that's not an issue. My views on women stem from me being one jealous fuck who doesn't like to share women. When I see a provocatively dressed female, I feel that they are giving away something that is mine.

Let's stay on topic ok? - P
    Last edited by Phixion; 12-07-2010 at 08:39 AM.

I Love You!
    Spoiler!

Lol,after reading one piece for 3years,I just noticed they wear revealing cloths XD
    Recruiting staff, a lot of staff!!!
    We're really short of a lot,and we are mainly looking for Translators. Proofreaders are also welcome
    Also looking for editing staff. Don't worry if you never edited before,we'll teach yeah you, as long as you're willing to learn.
    You may choose any manga series you wanna do.(as long as it isn't licensed by an english publisher)
    Visit http://overloadscans.info/ for more details. or on our forum; overloadscans.forum-motion.com

1. LOL!
    v Anyone remember this ? v
    Quote Originally Posted by DFX View Post
    Welcome to MS, where the women are men and the men are twelve year old girls.
    2. Agreed

3. Almost completely agreed (Akamastu and Oda are on the same level for me.)

4. Tashigi > Perona
    Ava & Sig created by Max
    v Credits to IIDX v
    Spoiler!

Veteran Member
    ... lol.. haha..

In bakuman the moms opinion totally should have been ignored in that situation...

And the fan service isnt really an issue.. He shouldnt need to work a lot of the shots in, anyway.. they can come natural from the right angles. :-p

Now, is it not the same in reverse for shojo mangas?

Heh, I doubt he was pressured into anything. One Piece would sell like Hotcakes even without the fanservice. Maybe Oda decided that his readers deserved to see some extra skin. And even then, aside from Sanji's 'normal' reactions, it's not like he's focusing much attention on it. Fanservice in One Piece is certainly not a major problem as you seem to think it's becoming.