View Poll Results: Rate the chapter

Voters
55. You may not vote on this poll
  • Excellent

    17 30.91%
  • Good

    24 43.64%
  • Average

    10 18.18%
  • Bad

    2 3.64%
  • Terrible

    2 3.64%
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 123
  1. #111
    Heroes Don't Hav Red Eyes Immortal-JyNxX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    1,827
    Quote Originally Posted by POW View Post
    - Let me explain firstly the reason why Minato warned Kakashi not to use Chidori and stated it was incomplete is because it is a close combat stabbing technique that required the user to run at their target at blazing fast speeds. So fast in fact that they could not react in time to deal with an enemy counter attack.

    That is without a Sharingan as one of the benefits of having a Sharingan is the ability to predict motion so that is what made Chidori complete. His ability to predict and maneuver past any counter measures with his Sharingan.


    - The reason why Kakashi does not use the Rasengan is fairly obvious it is because basic Rasengan can damage but is not an instant killing technique. Its a jutsu thats destructive power is based on the amount of Stamina ie Chakra one pumps into it and Kakashi lacks stamina. No one has ever been killed from a basic Rasengan take a good look.

    Naruto - Rasengan's Kabuto he lives Kabuto has a rapid healing technique that countered it.
    Minato - Rasengan's Madara he lives 1) That's not Madara, 2) thats a fake body..
    Konohamru - Rasengan's Pains Hell Realm He walks away Umm no the fuck he didn't

    This is partly why Naruto spent much time during the time skip developing his Oodama Rasengan as that has enough chakra to make it a killing Technique. This is why Kakashi says Rasengan is incomplete as the addition of elemental energy it becomes a true finishing move it was intended to be.
    Read above!
    I'm right so if you have another opinion about anything you're wrong!! ...Well unless you said Karin would live or Sasuke will take Itachi's eyes lol!

    Phixion loves to delete my "witty" post..

  2. #112
    Yesss... Rlinfamous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    River Falls, WI
    Posts
    3,437
    Quote Originally Posted by POW View Post
    - Let me explain firstly the reason why Minato warned Kakashi not to use Chidori and stated it was incomplete is because it is a close combat stabbing technique that required the user to run at their target at blazing fast speeds. So fast in fact that they could not react in time to deal with an enemy counter attack.

    That is without a Sharingan as one of the benefits of having a Sharingan is the ability to predict motion so that is what made Chidori complete. His ability to predict and maneuver past any counter measures with his Sharingan.


    - The reason why Kakashi does not use the Rasengan is fairly obvious it is because basic Rasengan can damage but is not an instant killing technique. Its a jutsu thats destructive power is based on the amount of Stamina ie Chakra one pumps into it and Kakashi lacks stamina. No one has ever been killed from a basic Rasengan take a good look.

    Naruto - Rasengan's Kabuto he lives
    Minato - Rasengan's Madara he lives
    Konohamru - Rasengan's Pains Hell Realm He walks away

    This is partly why Naruto spent much time during the time skip developing his Oodama Rasengan as that has enough chakra to make it a killing Technique. This is why Kakashi says Rasengan is incomplete as the addition of elemental energy it becomes a true finishing move it was intended to be.
    To be fair, most of those people who survived a hit from Rasengan did so because they had some form of healing or spare body parts. Kakuzu, Naruto, Karin, and Danzou have all survived having a Chidori through the chest, too.
    Last edited by Rlinfamous; 12-08-2010 at 02:53 PM.

  3. #113
    六代目火影仙人 Rokudaime Sennin ™'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Searching for a Path to one Peace!
    Posts
    4,915
    First off, just wanna make one point, this thread and the last one, both were turned into a bitchingfest. Is it too damn hard to enjoy the mangaka's vision.

    Quote Originally Posted by POW View Post
    - Let me explain firstly the reason why Minato warned Kakashi not to use Chidori and stated it was incomplete is because it is a close combat stabbing technique that required the user to run at their target at blazing fast speeds. So fast in fact that they could not react in time to deal with an enemy counter attack.

    That is without a Sharingan as one of the benefits of having a Sharingan is the ability to predict motion so that is what made Chidori complete. His ability to predict and maneuver past any counter measures with his Sharingan.


    - The reason why Kakashi does not use the Rasengan is fairly obvious it is because basic Rasengan can damage but is not an instant killing technique. Its a jutsu thats destructive power is based on the amount of Stamina ie Chakra one pumps into it and Kakashi lacks stamina. No one has ever been killed from a basic Rasengan take a good look.

    Naruto - Rasengan's Kabuto he lives
    Minato - Rasengan's Madara he lives
    Konohamru - Rasengan's Pains Hell Realm He walks away

    This is partly why Naruto spent much time during the time skip developing his Oodama Rasengan as that has enough chakra to make it a killing Technique. This is why Kakashi says Rasengan is incomplete as the addition of elemental energy it becomes a true finishing move it was intended to be.
    Thank you, well said. Both chidori and rasengan were considered incomplete but the chidori was more to do with the lack of sharingan to execute it properly against a counterattack, the jutsu itself wasn't incomplete. Rasengan, well that's obvious, still far from complete, the final version is going to be insane.

    Quote Originally Posted by Immortal-JyNxX View Post
    Read above!

    Naruto - Rasengan's Kabuto he lives Kabuto has a rapid healing technique that countered it.
    Minato - Rasengan's Madara he lives 1) That's not Madara, 2) thats a fake body..
    Konohamru - Rasengan's Pains Hell Realm He walks away Umm no the fuck he didn't
    Yes, Kabuto healed himself

    I doubt it's Madara too, however the body's real, I don't mean the original body of Madara/Izuna whatever, but zetsu bodies are real as it gets. Call it a substitute body of zetsu/Shodai plant thingy.

    Um, Hell Realm didn't really walk away but he wasn't hurt either. Animal realm summoned him back to the hidden forest location, and he just stood up and started healing Demon realm. Konohamaru's rasengan was indeed too weak to do much damage to him, atleast not a lethal kill, since konohamaru doesn't have the chakra capacity/skill of Naruto. Naraka is the one who does the resurrections, if he had died, he wouldn't have been able to resurrect Asura. If Naraka had died, Nagato would've had to resurrect him first, and since that wasn't shown, we can assume that the damage to Hell realm wasn't great.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rlinfamous View Post
    To be fair, most of those people who survived a hit from Rasengan did so because they had some form of healing or spare body parts. Kakuzu, Naruto, Konan, and Danzou have all survived having a Chidori through the chest, too.
    Um, hold up. Konan survived having a chidori through her chest? Am I missing something here?
    Last edited by Rokudaime Sennin ™; 12-08-2010 at 02:02 PM.
    A bridge towards peace; the will of fire still endures!


    Rokudaime Hokage, Rokudaime Rikudou Sennin Uzumaki Naruto

  4. #114
    Yesss... Rlinfamous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    River Falls, WI
    Posts
    3,437
    Oops, meant to type "Karin"... Konan DID get pierced through her torso, but because it was an ordinary sharp object instead of a sword formed from electricity, she automatically had no chance of survival.

  5. #115
    The Heropon! Sirxxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Hammerspace
    Posts
    864
    HA! Awesome Naruto physics at work! In fact, most ppl who've died in the manga have done so to pretty basic items (kunai, long stabbing pole, nail [almost], clothesline, rock)

  6. #116
    Yesss... Rlinfamous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    River Falls, WI
    Posts
    3,437
    True, you rarely see powerful finishing moves actually defeat their opponents. Usually those moves just force both fighters to waste a lot of chakra either attacking with them or defending against them, and then whoever isn't Naruto/Sasuke eventually just commits suicide.

  7. #117
    六代目火影仙人 Rokudaime Sennin ™'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Searching for a Path to one Peace!
    Posts
    4,915
    Quote Originally Posted by Rlinfamous View Post
    True, you rarely see powerful finishing moves actually defeat their opponents. Usually those moves just force both fighters to waste a lot of chakra either attacking with them or defending against them, and then whoever isn't Naruto/Sasuke eventually just commits suicide.
    LOL. LOL. LOL.

    That's the way of the Ninja.
    A bridge towards peace; the will of fire still endures!


    Rokudaime Hokage, Rokudaime Rikudou Sennin Uzumaki Naruto

  8. #118
    Scanlator POW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    5,555
    Quote Originally Posted by Rlinfamous View Post
    To be fair, most of those people who survived a hit from Rasengan did so because they had some form of healing or spare body parts. Kakuzu, Naruto, Karin, and Danzou have all survived having a Chidori through the chest, too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rlinfamous View Post
    Oops, meant to type "Karin"... Konan DID get pierced through her torso, but because it was an ordinary sharp object instead of a sword formed from electricity, she automatically had no chance of survival.
    Not exactly Sasuke didnt hit Karin with regular Chidori but Chidori Eisou which uses shape manipulation to extend Chidori and is weaker than regular Chidori. Also a critical part of Chidori is using speed to increase its piercing power hence why you are suppose to run and jab someone.

    Surviving Chidori is based on where one is stabbed and how deep as someone hit in their vitals versus someone stabbed in the shoulder is different. Danzou obviously wasnt stabbed somewhere too critical the first time otherwise he would have bleed out and died.

    Also I should point out this is why Kakashi uses Rakari the higher level version of Chidori as its piercing power is greater allowing one to kill more easily.


    - Also I assume you meant Kakuza hanging on by a thread after being hit by an incomplete Rasenshuriken. Its not just Naruto but even Jiraya improved Rasengan by adding sage energy as I stated its destructive power is based on the power one pumps into it.


    Fire type

    What chakra type are you?
    http://www.quizilla.com/quizzes/4038...lement-are-you

  9. #119
    Yesss... Rlinfamous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    River Falls, WI
    Posts
    3,437
    I was talking about Kakuzu surviving a Chidori through the heart, simply because he has more than one heart. My main point was that plenty of people are hit by Chidori all the time, and no one ever dies from it. No, they aren't hit directly through the heart (unless it's Kakuzu, who has multiple). Similarly, the people who survived hits from Rasengan were always hit arbitrarily in the stomach/back, and never right in the face/heart. All we ever see from those attacks is non-lethal blows. The only time anyone was "killed" by either of them would be against the Pain bodies. And it makes sense, Kishi can't go showing people with Rasengan'd faces in a Shounen Manga, it'd be too much gore.

    Also, Sasuke's extended Chidori may not be as powerful as the original, but it can slice off one of the Hachibi's tentacles and pierce through Danzou/Karin at the same time, so it's obviously powerful enough to get the job done. The wound it makes is just smaller, so if you're terrible at aiming for vitals (like Sasuke), maybe it won't yield the same results.

  10. #120
    Scanlator POW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    5,555
    The point I was making is Chidori is a precision technique and where you pierce someone matters. It doesnt kill someone just by making contact but by piercing vital organs. Just like if you stabbed someone with sword in the shoulder they would not die but if you stabbed them in the heart they are dead.

    Rasengan by comparison is not precision technique but is a power technique that completely overwhelms an opponent by enveloping them in its spiraling power.


    Fire type

    What chakra type are you?
    http://www.quizilla.com/quizzes/4038...lement-are-you

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •