• |3| Average

2 6.67%
  • |2| Bad

1 3.33%
  • |1| Terrible

0 0%
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Shepherd View Post
    Well leat.. i kinda doubt ryuken even had shinigami powers.. Plus, why would he really need to save misaki? Although, i guess thatd depend a lot on when he stopped trying to protect his town openly... But still, he might not have been fast enough or just busy to save misaki.. It also seemed like misaki died pretty fast..

But anyway... i was thinking you accidentally mixed up ryuken and isshin, too..

Now that i think about it, ryuken might not have had powers then.. As he seemed to inherit powers from his dad.. Although.. when did his dad die compared to misaki? Which could mean he lost them like ishida did.. but he couldve also just started training after inheriting the powers and was just really good.

Oh, and squad.. Im guessing his father would have taught/told him that.. soken did end up giving uryuu the gloves.. But i wonder how and when he inherited all of his fathers powers.. and well.. learned them. But im thinking we dont have the evidence to say if he lost/had his powers back then..
    Eh? I think you guys are mixing up :S Why would Ryuken care about Masaki in the first place (unless my idea of a love triangle is true and this is the cause of Ryuken's bitterness against shinigami)? I was personally talking about how Isshin did not seem to have any significant powers prior to when he returned as a shinigami. No fucking clue what you guys are talking about.

By the way, the reason why Ryuken did not practice as a Quincy for such a long time was because of his relationship with his father. If you followed the little backstory of Ryuken we got just before the Hueco Mundo arc, you'd know that Ryuken told Ishida that he thought his father (Ishida's grandfather) was wasting time saving spirits from hollows when he (Ryuken) could do so much more in the real (non-spirit) world, maybe even preventing people from dying in the first place and hence also the possibility of them being eaten by hollows or becoming one. This would imply that Ryuken chose to stop being a Quincy out of choice (and it wouldn't surprise me that the death of a loved one is involved). Why he returned is a different question, but as Squad said, it seems fishy that he did when Ishida was in the most need of returning his. My personal belief is that Urahara had something to do with it. It is also important to note that we have not seen Ryuken kill any other hollows more than that arrancar that was chasing Ishida, meaning we have no absolute proof whether Ryuken is actually practicing again. Hopefully we get some more of Ryuken's backstory too now that Kubo promised us Isshin's.

Quote Originally Posted by LeaT View Post
    Eh? I think you guys are mixing up :S Why would Ryuken care about Masaki in the first place (unless my idea of a love triangle is true and this is the cause of Ryuken's bitterness against shinigami)? I was personally talking about how Isshin did not seem to have any significant powers prior to when he returned as a shinigami. No fucking clue what you guys are talking about.
    This is what everyone's talking about in reference to what you said. It looks like you may have had a brainfart and read Isshin where they were actually talking about Ryuken.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Shepherd View Post
    I thought the same thing.

Though did ryuken really lose his powers?
    His ability to become a shinigami, anyway. And it's safe to say that his powers were so miniscule, did they exist, when Masaki died that they would not make a difference in attempting to save her.

Veteran Member

By the way, the reason why Ryuken did not practice as a Quincy for such a long time was because of his relationship with his father. If you followed the little backstory of Ryuken we got just before the Hueco Mundo arc, you'd know that Ryuken told Ishida that he thought his father (Ishida's grandfather) was wasting time saving spirits from hollows when he (Ryuken) could do so much more in the real (non-spirit) world, maybe even preventing people from dying in the first place and hence also the possibility of them being eaten by hollows or becoming one. This would imply that Ryuken chose to stop being a Quincy out of choice (and it wouldn't surprise me that the death of a loved one is involved). Why he returned is a different question, but as Squad said, it seems fishy that he did when Ishida was in the most need of returning his. My personal belief is that Urahara had something to do with it. It is also important to note that we have not seen Ryuken kill any other hollows more than that arrancar that was chasing Ishida, meaning we have no absolute proof whether Ryuken is actually practicing again. Hopefully we get some more of Ryuken's backstory too now that Kubo promised us Isshin's.
    Squad just explained it.. But i still tried to reply in case you actually were talking about ryuken.. And that is why i went along with his need to save misaki, which i really didnt see. It was really only there if he was trying to be like ishida or ichigo and save everyone motto. Then he would have a need. That, or to help his rival isshin out.. He mighta been friends with misaki, but sadly we dont know much about either... It does seem likely he had powers at the time, though.. But not guaranteed. :-/
    Seems like you just misread ryuken for isshin, though, but it happens.

It seems he didnt really bother about saving people from hollows back then. It is questionable now, for a couple of reasons. He would rather save those that are alive.. But hollows can kill people.. Maybe he changed after realizing it happens more than he thought.. :-/
    Back story, please! >.>

No, no. Ryuken never detested being a Quincy. That's what Uryu though and that he gave up his powers, but Ryuken said only that he belived it was pointless for Uryu to become one as he supposedly dosn't have any talent (although, the real reason was probably because hollows as well as shinigamis hunted down Quincys). Ryuken showed the quincy cross, that he got from his father and that it represents that he mastered all of his father techniques as well as his belives.

Spoiler!

The thing is that Uryu didn't feel any power coming from Ryuken(his name in anime) or in this chapter Ryuuhan(), so he didn't had his powers at that time or he is super good at hiding them.

For the other information you should look at Ishida's training and the meeting of Ishin and Ryuken, because if I remember correctly when Ryuken saw Ishin in his shinigami form he said: "I see that you regained your powers as well" or something, but I'm not sure, can't find the right chapter ;P.

Zero recalls correctly

Spoiler!

EDIT: The only question that remains: How did Ishins powers return?
    Last edited by Light-kun; 12-06-2010 at 10:48 AM.
    Ava & Sig created by Max
    v Credits to IIDX v
    Spoiler!

This is what everyone's talking about in reference to what you said. It looks like you may have had a brainfart and read Isshin where they were actually talking about Ryuken.
    I must have missread pretty badly then.
    But i still tried to reply in case you actually were talking about ryuken..
    One thing about me: if I seem to talk out of my arse, I am probably talking out of my arse and you should just point that out instead of assuming that I am serious. I will only write something if there's something to back it up, otherwise I will pretty clearly state that there is no substance behind the claim.
    No, no. Ryuken never detested being a Quincy. That's what Uryu though and that he gave up his powers, but Ryuken said only that he belived it was pointless for Uryu to become one as he supposedly dosn't have any talent (although, the real reason was probably because hollows as well as shinigamis hunted down Quincys). Ryuken showed the quincy cross, that he got from his father and that it represents that he mastered all of his father techniques as well as his belives.
    Thanks for clarifying, Zero.

Veteran Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post

Spoiler!

The thing is that Uryu didn't feel any power coming from Ryuken(his name in anime) or in this chapter Ryuuhan(), so he didn't had his powers at that time or he is super good at hiding them.

For the other information you should look at Ishida's training and the meeting of Ishin and Ryuken, because if I remember correctly when Ryuken saw Ishin in his shinigami form he said: "I see that you regained your powers as well" or something, but I'm not sure, can't find the right chapter ;P.
    Wait.. he said he had no interest in quincys, though.. And I believe their meeting was while ichigo, chad, and uryu were on the way to HM. It was ryuken who said that isshin regained his powers.

And well, he said against his personal wishes and interests he inherited all of his fathers powers and skills.. He might not have detested it, but he likely had other interests and wishes.. Though, he could have previously wanted to be a quincy, but a death made him want to save those that are alive, possibly. I think leat said that previously.. lol

Im guessing thats sokens cross, but im not entirely sure anymore.. Ishidas is the same design but smaller(I think).. Plus sokens (though i know the angle/zoom/view isnt good enough to tell for sure) looks smaller than the one ryuken had. And it wouldnt necessarily have to be sokens, he might have had one beforehand... but then again he mightve gotten sokens after he died. But meh, I wonder if those crosses change due to the users power... I kinda wonder how quincys get/got their crosses. lol
    Is there another picture of soken with his quincy cross?