Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    The chapter was okay but it confused me with that sometimes a person would be colored what made me think of Noah skin tone but yeah.

What I got out of this chapter was that maybe the 3rd exorcist have heart innocence?? I don't know but that's is what it seemed the Earl was hinting at because the Earl said "if you seek power then you must search for "hearts"" and he said he would make the 3rd exorcist his pawns. but with the whole search for "hearts" and pawns maybe he plans to use the 3rd exorcist to search for the "hearts" ahhhg I don't know I just know the Earl was implying that there was more then one heart. ahg I have been confused really about pretty much every thing after they got into the ark and the whole !4th thing started ahg shop me now before I hurt my self
    ( ̄〜 ̄;)

The Emperor of Everything dct21's Avatar
    this whole arc is crazy as hell, i know im not the only one whos confused

why is timcampy so big

in the last couple of chapters allen kept switching back and forth between normal and akuma why

i thought the earl hated the 14th but he stated he wanted allen by his side

is kanda gay

was link trying to help or hurt allen? im confused

I really hate the director i wish he would have died

I just wanna see Cross back in action. The arc's ending was pretty lame and short.

Quote Originally Posted by Arbitrary View Post
    I just wanna see Cross back in action. The arc's ending was pretty lame and short.
    Your not the only one, I wanted Cross to show up at the end so bad. And I wonder if he'll come and breakout Allen. I mean someone will.

Manga reading list: Bleach, Naruto, Katekyo Hitman Reborn, One Piece, Code Breaker, Gamaran, Kuroko No Basket, Fairy Tail, The World God Only Knows, Kimi No Iru Machi, Good Ending, Medaka Box, Nisekoi, D.Gray-Man, Ao No Exorcist, Freezing, Magi - Labyrinth of Magic, Soul Eater, Rosario Vampire Season II, Iris Zero, Ubell Blatt, Bloody Cross, Sun-Ken Rock, and Infinite Stratos,

Quote Originally Posted by dct21 View Post
    this whole arc is crazy as hell, i know im not the only one whos confused

why is timcampy so big

in the last couple of chapters allen kept switching back and forth between normal and akuma why

i thought the earl hated the 14th but he stated he wanted allen by his side

is kanda gay

was link trying to help or hurt allen? im confused

I really hate the director i wish he would have died
    Timcampy's growth has been said by Hoshino to be a plot point before. He's steadily gotten bigger as the series has progressed, and most likely as a golem it'll come with a purpose.

It's in order to show Allen's struggle to sustain his true self and not fall under the 14th's control as everyone else believes will happen. Cross outright stated it was inevitable, the Order are treating him as if he were a ticking time bomb, and the Earl is counting on it being his trump card in the war with the Exorcists.

It's basically Hoshino's take on a shonen hero's super powered dark side. Think of Naruto and the Kyuubi, Ichigo dueling with his inner hollow, or Ageha attempting to keep the destructive powers of Melchsee's Door and Nova from consuming him. The 14th, like those other Dark Alter Ego's/Power Sources, is what makes Allen a potential threat as well as tremendously powerful.

You aren't the only one confused with this matter. The Noah themselves were taken aback once he said that, and it is impossible to read the Earl's true feelings. An attempt to corrupt the 14th and use him for his own gain, or something deeper are probably the likeliest explanations. Allen can control the Ark due to having the 14th inside him, and that is a power the Earl greatly admires and covets.

The Earl is an extremely cruel individual. He derives pleasure out of making people who have lost their loved ones and all hope pledge their allegiance to him, only for them to be massacred by the very same loved ones they lost and then having his new Akuma use their bodies as a skin. Talk about evil.

He believes he and his Apostles are above humanity, and Allen houses a member of his kin so he treats Allen hospitably as a result. There's most likely a deeper connection at the root of things between the Earl, the 14th and Mana which will most likely be shed upon more in the future.

In the meanwhile, the Earl can enjoy messing with Allen's sanity and making him believe he is the greatest possible threat to his friends due to his housing of the 14th. Thereby convincing Allen that he belongs with the Noah instead.

This was just poorly misconstrued. Kanda and Alma are 2nd Exorcists. By definition this means that they are bio-organic experiments whose temperamental bodies were given different host brains until a compatabilty with Innocence was found.

Their bond goes further than just their mutual amiability as friends during their time as children, as their host brains were lovers in their past lives, therefore giving them an otherwordly connection which Kanda did not piece together until now, and which tore Alma apart when they could not be together.

As their current selves Kanda and Alma are eternal friends whose bond goes above and beyond the spectrum of time.

You have to remember Link was initially assigned to keep an eye out for Allen in case he did anything suspicious. He was originally Revellier's go to man and still somewhat is only Allen has humanized him quite a bit.

He was indeed helping Allen at that moment because he feared that with all the abuse Allen had undergone in the previous fight with Alma, coupled with the emotional stress he was going through trying to save Tokusa and the other 3rd Exorcists, he was merely seconds away from unleashing the 14th.

Link actually cares about Allen now, and knows that if Allen releases the 14th and is deemed a threat by the Order he will be dealt with accordingly. (Imprisonment being the current course of action) As a result the 3rd Exorcists were kidnapped. It's hard to solely blame Link because he was looking out for Allen's best interest, not to mention Allen was once again nearing his breaking point.

He helped Allen for a brief moment but also left the 3rd Exorcists ripe for the picking for the Earl. As it stands now he couldn't protect Allen from the Order, and while his intentions were good they didn't go according to plan.

You and me both brother. He'll probably stick around for quite a while however. He keeps the Order looking bad, and enhances the shades of gray dynamic Hoshino's been going for in comparison between Exorcists and Noah.

As long as everything just keeps on flowing forward, then that's already enough.
    Where there's a will there's a way!
    Spoiler!

First off, 22 pages. I hate to say I told you so but, I did say it. I knew it was going to come to this. Freakin' 22 pages after a whole month. I thought Cruel and Unusual Punishment wasn't allowed in Japan...

I have some theories about a lot of the things mentioned, but I'll just post a little at a time, too much effort writing it all out =P

This was just poorly misconstrued. Kanda and Alma are 2nd Exorcists. By definition this means that they are bio-organic experiments whose temperamental bodies were given different host brains until a compatabilty with Innocence was found.

Their bond goes further than just their mutual amiability as friends during their time as children, as their host brains were lovers in their past lives, therefore giving them an otherwordly connection which Kanda did not piece together until now, and which tore Alma apart when they could not be together.

As their current selves Kanda and Alma are eternal friends whose bond goes above and beyond the spectrum of time.
    Great way of putting it. This was just poorly misconstrued indeed. Read a book dct! Not a magazine. Not a sports page. A book.

I have to wonder why dct would ask that question in the first place? Seems out of place. As if sexual orientation has even been an issue in this manga/anime, anyway? It very rarely is an issue in most anime/mangas actually. This is not the kind of story where relationships will have a bearing on it's development - unless they are tragic. There is no character in this series that has led a life good enough for them to sit down and go on dates. On top of that, they're all kids. There may be some bonds insinuated throughout the course of the show, but no relationship lines have been drawn and I'd be seriously surprised if "budding-love" relationships occur in this manga/anime.

What Kanda is though, is damaged goods (in more ways than one.) The only confusion I have is the time line on Kanda's status. The lotus flower is from what I've seen a kind of super-imposed memory. He's literally seeing past memories over his everyday life. Now these are supposed to be signs of what could be called "a mental breakdown present in the temperamental bodies." An unforseen circumstance that resulted of the brain transplant. Kanda's very own personal version of schizophrenia. Basically, Kanda is without a doubt, going to lose his mind at some point. He'll either turn into a vegetable or just lose rational thought altogether (which would be dangerous in his case.)

Whatever the case, it sucks to be him. I mean, he only made the choice to kill Alma in the first place so he could follow his hearts desire to find the woman that he has love for. The woman he sees during his schizophrenic events. So he lived spitefully and bitterly, helping the Dark Order (I can't figure out why..."F**k these guys.") in hopes of finding her. Just to find out, the very person he mutilated 9 years ago was in fact the woman (metaphysically) he'd been seeking all this time. Then he loses her in his arms (This time physically, and mainly due to his actions) again. Imagine living for one thing, just to lose it... Twice. Bummer. Heh. If he didn't already have mental problems, he will now for sure. Which is funny because he did have mental problems. Some of the worst kind. The character really doesn't have any reason to live. If he doesn't come back wanting vengeance against the Order, I don't know what the hell he'd be living for. He and Sasuke would be best buddies in the "blue-haired-emo-vengeance-club." Despite all that, I'm sure he'll be back in the series, he's too liked. He'll probably be back to help out at some point in the near future. Hopefully he's the one who actually kills The Director, Levelier He'll probably be sporting shorter hair or a new dew. That's the samurai thing to do.

Lollipop Candy ♥BAD♥ girl daz bonez's Avatar
    well,For me the new chapters are both confusing and understandable.

I don't see how alma can hold a spirit imprisoned with him if he uses innocence.

The whole entire bit with alma and kanda was completly confusing. All I understood was that alma = woman spirit that kanda loved, Allen saw this (after being stabbed and him coming back to life also confused me a little) teleported them to that one area from the first mission in this manga which ironically is the first place he and kanda fought together. Than the two alma and kanda start to break away into dust, the 3rd exorcists are still losing control, allen tries to help his friend that's a 3rd exorcist regain control an link captures him.

Hoshino has a weird artstyle so at times I just can't make out what it is she's trying to tell sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by xioaxioa View Post
    Fisher Tiger is a punk ass bitch.

-----credit to Maximo for the kick ass ava----

The Emperor of Everything dct21's Avatar
    I have to wonder why dct would ask that question in the first place?
    It was a joke i wasn't serious lol

Read a book dct! Not a magazine. Not a sports page. A book.
    Your quoting d'mite ..... seriously lol

But thx @Trilight with the other questions your explanations really helped. I had read the last 5 chapters in one go and it made my head spin

I used to be the biggest dgm fan until she switched to jump square

lol I met d'mite at SxSW last year, they were actually pretty awesome live. I agree I was a huge fan until this monthly crap. Now when I read dgm, I feel like I do when I watch the cowboys play..... Depressed and cheated.

Quote Originally Posted by -Mugen- View Post
    He'll probably be back to help out at some point in the near future. Hopefully he's the one who actually kills The Director, Levelier He'll probably be sporting shorter hair or a new dew. That's the samurai thing to do.

U know how people are thinking about who will help allen excape from imprisonment ya, i think kanda will because allen helped him excape so now he has to returnmthe favor...(?) want leverier to die.
    ya but im not so shor about the shorter hair thing that would be sorta cool but i like kandas hair the way it is.

Btw-trilight i love the color codeing, so cool