• |3| Average

5 10.87%
  • |2| Bad

2 4.35%
  • |1| Terrible

1 2.17%
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
    Queen of the Boredom Zone Arhazivory's Avatar
    I hate this dead guy arc. I was starting to get interested and now I'm just disappointed week after week after week. Seriously...dead guys? Tch. L a m e.
    ^Birthday Sig & Ava from Mikessc88 <3 v Birthday Sig from Imotochan <3
    Lords of the Boredom Zone: Arhazivory Redsquirrel and Crossx21

Lollipop Candy ♥BAD♥ girl daz bonez's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Genesis 1.0 View Post
    Yeah, pretty much what I said.

Anti-climatic and lame. Everything from Hug No Jutsu to this shit, Kishi's cop out swerve reeks of a soap opera.

Young & The Restless FTL.
    I hate this dead guy arc. I was starting to get interested and now I'm just disappointed week after week after week. Seriously...dead guys? Tch. L a m e.
    it's a cop out but since they're immortal there was going to be a lame end to them anyways.Sure the good guys are winning now, but I'm hoping that the tables will turn at some time during the war which will make it exciting.

and even if the All the Jinchuriki have lost their tailed beasts.I expect most of the more original battles to come from them, since Gaara still has knowledge of the techniques he used while Shukaku was sealed in him even though he's using his own chakra and will to use them, like his sand armour.

Hanzou is also the other interesting Edo Tensei summon, since we know nothing about him except that he's ridiculously, ridiculously strong. It's possible Pein beat him in the same way he beat Jiraiya - sneaking up on a powerful opponent who didn't know about his six bodies.

I don't like the way Kishi is spinning ET. It has gone from a "Oh God, nooooo! how do you ever counter this evil, bad bad, kick butt jutsu", to oops! sorry, thanks for giving me peace or whatever, bye now see you in the after-life jutsu.

At this rate, one might have thought that Hashirama and Tobirama would have freed themselves if Orochimaru hadn't stripped their personalities away. I wonder how many seconds it would take Edo Itachi and Edo Nagato to free themselves.
    Poor third Hokage. He killed himself in order to seal the 1st and 2nd souls; little he knew that just a little bit of peace, love and understanding would've been more than enough.

Now his soul is trapped in an eternal hell of suffering and pain just because he didn't know the wonders of Friendship no Jutsu.

If none of the "good" shinobi end up dying, this will be a very stupid war.

Quote Originally Posted by xioaxioa View Post
    Fisher Tiger is a punk ass bitch.

-----credit to Maximo for the kick ass ava----

We still haven't seen the army of Zetsu attack, or Kabuto in combat, or Madara's Rinnegan, or Sasuke's EMS. Those are all things that the Shinobi Alliance probably will struggle with. The Edo Summons may be powerful, but the thing to remember is they've been beaten before. Unless we start bringing people like Itachi/Nagato into the equation; only Sage Mode Naruto stood a chance against Nagato.

@daz bonez,

In Sarutobi's case, the "love and understanding no-jutsu" would not have worked Once Orochimaru put the personality disrupting Kunai in their brains. Anyhow, I suspect Sai's brother can be resumoned by Kabuto and the quickly Kunnai-ed.

As I have argued several times in the past, the Dead Demon Seal that Sandaime and Yondaime used cannot be violated or reversed by ET.

I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !

Quote Originally Posted by Rlinfamous View Post
    Of course the nature of Edo Tensei means that Kishi was trying to find opponents for the good guys to beat. And Kishi only kills characters, good or bad, if it serves to develop the plot or characters in some way. There's really no one who'd be all that affected by Kankuro/Sai/Omoi dying, and he's barely managed to develop those characters to begin with.
    Many of the battles that took place during the chuunin exam and the Sasuke retreval mission were for a similar purpose but those battles actually seemed desperate those battles pushed the characters to their limits and that desperate stuggle made them more real and relateable. Here we didn't get any of that. This is a war, this is not the chuunin exam, this is not just any other mission, this is supposed to be the most vicious, dangerous brutal challenge that these characters have faced. The chuunin exam was just a test yet it created far more urgancy than this war has sofar.

Personally, I think we saw a lot of growth from Kankuro as a leadership character... he went from being that smartass from the Chunin exams to a mini-Kakashi! I'd never liked him before now. Sai also looked better, seeing him get pissed like that adds a lot to his once emotionless character. Omoi didn't really do much other than show that he could think in battle, but he still only knows sword techniques.

I think it's fine that the good guy zombies can be reached through emotions. It actually is more meaningful, in my opinion, then seeing them beaten down mercilessly. I don't understand the importance being placed on seeing hardcore "deaths" on either side.
    Having them be reached emotionally is fine, my problem is that it all seemed far too easy and didn't seem to serve much of a purpose besides showing off the good guys new abilities. The point of hardcore deaths would be that it would create that sense of fear and urgancy that exists on the battlefield. Most of these characters, inspite of all they have been through are still relatively inexperienced kids. Putting them up against an army of powerful opponents who have been through much more should create that harsh reality of facing overwheliming odds and being out classed. All along we have have heard about the horrors of war and shown it through other characters, how it traumatized and shaped their personalities. This battle did not reflect that at all, in my opion, it showed that Kankuro is more of a badass but that's about it.

I do agree the fight could have lasted longer and been a bit harder for the good guys. I agree they got out of that far too easily, assuming Sasori and Deidara are actually subdued. It could have been epic if they were pushed to the limit a bit more. However, if Kishi kept that up for more than one or two sets of fights, this war would really drag on. Besides, I don't really care what else Deidara has to show us, all his attacks are the same. The only thing that changes are the shape of the clay bombs and the size of the explosions.
    My point concerning Deidara is that he seemed to be holding back here, the fight didn't seem dangerous because basically he stuck to using one of his weakest attacks, it seemed dumb that he got beat so easily without really doing much to begin with. Sasori and Deidara are experienced battle hardened warriors, this battle made them look like idiots frankly. Deidara could have used C4, that could have been extremely dangerous and created a huge dilema for the good guys here but instead they just had to dodge a few suicide bombs and then lock them up. These are immortal Akatsuki members who were supposed to be too intelligent and powerful to capture for many years, this chapter made them look no more threating than Orochimaru's teenage underlings.

Sasori could have been more interesting, but as a puppet master without his puppets, it'd be a bit silly if he showed us anything impressive. Simply using people as puppets against their will is interesting enough.

The point isn't to show more of what the Akatsuki guys could do; we saw their "final moves" in all their fights. The point is to show the growth of the new generation, and this fight showed that just fine.
    Sasori being weaker without his puppets is acceptable but he is supposed to be extremely intelligent, a strategic thinker. In his battle with chiyou he seemed to be playing, at least early on, and lost largely for emotional reasons. This battle would have been a great opportunity to see him use his tactics more, to see him use traps and things like that rather than simply rushing in. The fight started out good in 517 when he used their own teammates against them but this chapter he seemed almost passive. Showing new moves is not the point but I see no reason why it shouldn't be a part of this war. Most of the Akatsuki members only got 1 fight and as we have seen with most characters that isn't enough to show the depths of what they can do. It would make the war more interesting if more of these characters show what they never got a chance to in life, bring them back seems stupid to me if all they are going to do is fight like lesser versions of what they were in life.

This isn't a "Part Three" we're seeing with the war, it's the climax of the series. He's giving all his side characters one last fight scene (three or more at a time...) before moving on to the main event. I want it to last, too. But it really is drawing to a close, and there's not much we can do about that. Dragging on with side fights until we don't even care anymore (like Bleach) isn't going to help the series.
    Yeah it is the climax and as such I expect it to have a sense of urgancy, I want the battles to be the toughest and most epic yet. I want them to be frightening and unpredictable, I want to really see the characters fighting for their lives with everything they have got against their greatest opponents. Again, if this fight serves as an example of what's to come, I really don't see the point, I want these battles to show that these dead guys are dangerous as hell and aren't going to be stopped easily. If it is just an opportunity for the good guy side characters to have their 10 seconds of fame then why bother?
    Last edited by artifice; 11-29-2010 at 01:50 AM.

I guess you're right, that sense of urgency and epicness just wasn't there, and it felt like a bit of a letdown. If it's an example of what's to come, I think we're in for a rushed re-hash of the entire oversized cast, with everyone getting a chance to perform some final move based on their usual routine, and spouting a quick line to let us know that they've "grown" in some predictable way. And we're going to have to wait through this until we see Naruto and Sasuke brawl, which hopefully Kishi can find the energy to make interesting. Honestly, every battle since the Danzou fight has lacked much depth, and usually is just a few quick moves to finish off the characters.

At least Kabuto and Madara are still wild cards, and also Sasuke's allegiance.
    Last edited by Rlinfamous; 11-29-2010 at 01:51 PM.

it was a way way too easy to defeat Deidara and Sasori. i hope we can have more interesting battles next chapter.
    anyway, I didn't see Jiraiya on Kabutomaru's Edo Tensei troops

For now, let's just say that Kishi is letting us get "our feet wet". Or at least that's the stance I'm taking for the time being. It was a battle between ambush squads meaning the fight was going to be quick anyway. Not a long, drawn out battle. Also, that mist dude is coming back, so he might shake things up when he comes to back up Deidara and Sasori. He just might have a Bloodline Limit that makes him difficult to deal with (thinking back to the last Shipuuden movie). In any case, let's see what Kishi has in store for us for the next battles. Yea, I'm being optimistic lol.

About Shin's case him breaking the ET and how some of you mentioned Orochimaro's 1st/2nd ET's, maybe because Kabuto ET so many people that the jutsu is a lot more fragile than the hold Orochimaro used just ET 2 individuals? That could be why Shin broke out of the jutsu or it could just be plot jutsu and nothing we really have to over think on it.

Everything since the Danzou fight has felt rushed and half-assed. I've enjoyed it, and there have been epic moments, but even the Kyuubi training was a massive letdown that made something once incredibly hyped look far too easy.

I do love Kushina, though!