• |3| Average

5 10.87%
  • |2| Bad

2 4.35%
  • |1| Terrible

1 2.17%
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Afro Thunda View Post
    Seriously, POW, are you making up names now? Who is Shin? Maybe it's me and I just didn't notice this guy.
    Shin is Sai's 'brother'.

Very nice chapter, this is just the way I like it, Kishi made everything good up until now. And I hope it's going to continue like this.
    So ET can be canceled through simple emotions huh, I guess this wouldn't be possible if he turns them into simple killing machines.

I wonder if the jutsu he uses to turn them into killing machines can be broken. Maybe it would be easier to target that then the Edo Tensei jutsu, itself. Doesn't he usually just stick a kunai with a seal into their heads?

Quote Originally Posted by Rlinfamous View Post
    I wonder if the jutsu he uses to turn them into killing machines can be broken. Maybe it would be easier to target that then the Edo Tensei jutsu, itself. Doesn't he usually just stick a kunai with a seal into their heads?
    That's what Orochimaru did, so it's safe to assume Kabuto must do the same.

And Hiruzen wasn't able to do anything about that imbedded kunai, though one could say he never tried to target it. When he attached the explosize tags to the 1st and 2nd it was to their torsos, resulting in only their legs getting blown off.

Perhaps blowing up the entire body of a dead summons would take the tag along with it, and thus when the body reformed it would have its original personality.

http://mangastream.com/read/naruto/58994877/18

Kankurou says that Sasori's soul is in his puppets. Can Kankurou seal the Edo Tenseis with Sasori's puppets without sacrificing his own soul? I think it should be possible.

Someone else translated it slightly differently in the spoiler's forum.

Kankuro "Sasori...Your strength you had was in your soul. Your former puppets had your soul in them, but it wasn't impossible to remove it." You put your soul in them so that they wouldn't rot, but I knew that. Now you're down to flesh and bones, you're the real you. You're just a simple puppet..."

He didn't mean it literally, he meant that Sasori's true strength came from the care and dedication he had for his puppets, the heart and soul that he put into crafting and wielding each and every one of them. He's saying that Sasori is wrong to view that human compassion as a weakness, and that Sasori's current self, an immortal puppet of Kabuto's jutsu, is far inferior to what he had been in life.

That was lame, so much for seeing more of what Sasori could do in combat, that was the most anticlimatic defeat yet. Sasori being relatively weak without his puppets is fair enough I suppose but Deidara also used practically nothing in his arsenal, it looks to me like Kishimoto just wanted to get this fight over and done with quick so he could move on to bigger things. Having Sai's brother simply have his soul released merely from seeing the picture also seemed lame to me, if the rest of the Zombies are even half this easy to beat this war is looking to be dull.

I had hoped this battle, and the future ones would show more of what the dead characters who never revealed their full skillset can do but if this is to serve as an example for things to come, it looks like Kishimoto just wanted to scrounge up opponents for the lesser characters to beat. Again Kishimoto is unwilling to kill even a single character from the good guys side. This battle started off good making it look like a tough and desparate situation for the good guys, one that was going to push them to the limit but in the end they pulled off a victory near without a scratch. I would have been content if there had been some knew techniquest from Sasori and Deidara and if the battle had been more of a struggle. In the end it basically came down to a 3 on 3 matchup with Kankuro, Sai, and Omai, beating Sasori, Deidara, and Sasori's brother without much difficult at all. What's next, Sakura, Lee, and Neji taking down Nagato, Itachi, and Kimimarro? I don't think it will come to that but that is kind of the tone that this battle set, it makes the Zombies look like total push overs.

One thing this chapter does imply about the Zombies are probably not going to be as much of a threat as the were alive. I suspect Kankuro's words to Sasori will hold true for most of the others. I am also suspecting that the death of Sai's brother is not the only one we will see happen like that. I suspect Asuma will probably disappear when he see's Kurenai pregnant or something along those general lines. Hizashi Hyuuga will like disappear after facing Neji or something, so on. I think the deaths of many of the more good guy characters will come about as a release of the soul as we saw with Sai's brother, now that we know its a possibility it just seems like the obvious conclusion to me. Some will no doubt get trapped and a few may survive long enough for the technique to be dispelled but I think the majority will already be out of the picture by that point.
    Last edited by artifice; 11-26-2010 at 02:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by artifice View Post
    That was lame, so much for seeing more of what Sasori could do in combat, that was the most anticlimatic defeat yet. Sasori being relatively weak without his puppets is fair enough I suppose but Deidara also used practically nothing in his arsenal, it looks to me like Kishimoto just wanted to get this fight over and done with quick so he could move on to bigger things. Having Sai's brother simply have his soul released merely from seeing the picture also seemed lame to me, if the rest of the Zombies are even half this easy to beat this war is looking to be dull.

I had hoped this battle, and the future ones would show more of what the dead characters who never revealed their full skillset can do but if this is to serve as an example for things to come, it looks like Kishimoto just wanted to scrounge up opponents for the lesser characters to beat. Again Kishimoto is unwilling to kill even a single character from the good guys side. This battle started off good making it look like a tough and desparate situation for the good guys, one that was going to push them to the limit but in the end they pulled off a victory near without a scratch. I would have been content if there had been some knew techniquest from Sasori and Deidara and if the battle had been more of a struggle. In the end it basically came down to a 3 on 3 matchup with Kankuro, Sai, and Omai, beating Sasori, Deidara, and Sasori's brother without much difficult at all. What's next, Sakura, Lee, and Neji taking down Nagato, Itachi, and Kimimarro? I don't think it will come to that but that is kind of the tone that this battle set, it makes the Zombies look like total push overs.

One thing this chapter does imply about the Zombies are probably not going to be as much of a threat as the were alive. I suspect Kankuro's words to Sasori will hold true for most of the others. I am also suspecting that the death of Sai's brother is not the only one we will see happen like that..
    Agree, if going to be like this, lets skip to Madara/Kabuto vs. Kages/Naruto.

I can't wait!

Quote Originally Posted by Icho Tolot View Post
    Agree, if going to be like this, lets skip to Madara/Kabuto vs. Kages/Naruto.
    most likey when these chp get animated the fight will be long/or they should instead of fillers later on.
    Spoiler!

Of course the nature of Edo Tensei means that Kishi was trying to find opponents for the good guys to beat. And Kishi only kills characters, good or bad, if it serves to develop the plot or characters in some way. There's really no one who'd be all that affected by Kankuro/Sai/Omoi dying, and he's barely managed to develop those characters to begin with.

Personally, I think we saw a lot of growth from Kankuro as a leadership character... he went from being that smartass from the Chunin exams to a mini-Kakashi! I'd never liked him before now. Sai also looked better, seeing him get pissed like that adds a lot to his once emotionless character. Omoi didn't really do much other than show that he could think in battle, but he still only knows sword techniques.

I think it's fine that the good guy zombies can be reached through emotions. It actually is more meaningful, in my opinion, then seeing them beaten down mercilessly. I don't understand the importance being placed on seeing hardcore "deaths" on either side.

I do agree the fight could have lasted longer and been a bit harder for the good guys. I agree they got out of that far too easily, assuming Sasori and Deidara are actually subdued. It could have been epic if they were pushed to the limit a bit more. However, if Kishi kept that up for more than one or two sets of fights, this war would really drag on. Besides, I don't really care what else Deidara has to show us, all his attacks are the same. The only thing that changes are the shape of the clay bombs and the size of the explosions. Sasori could have been more interesting, but as a puppet master without his puppets, it'd be a bit silly if he showed us anything impressive. Simply using people as puppets against their will is interesting enough.

The point isn't to show more of what the Akatsuki guys could do; we saw their "final moves" in all their fights. The point is to show the growth of the new generation, and this fight showed that just fine.

This isn't a "Part Three" we're seeing with the war, it's the climax of the series. He's giving all his side characters one last fight scene (three or more at a time...) before moving on to the main event. I want it to last, too. But it really is drawing to a close, and there's not much we can do about that. Dragging on with side fights until we don't even care anymore (like Bleach) isn't going to help the series.

Heroes Don't Hav Red Eyes Immortal-JyNxX's Avatar
    From what I see the most of you guys completely misunderstand what happened with Shin and why he escaped the edo tensei so let me explain. Its a popular belief that when someone dies in a way where they feel like their life wasn't fulfilled. Their souls can't pass on to heaven(or wherever you believe). So since most Ninja die by murder its likely the most of them become wandering souls therefore in reach of edo tensei. But if that soul is somehow fulfilled it can move on to heaven(or wherever) making them out of reach of edo tensei. Like seriously do you think a ninja could steal someones soul from God?

So there you have it..

I think Asuma will pass on with some news like the gender of his kid, that will put his soul at peace.
    I'm right so if you have another opinion about anything you're wrong!! ...Well unless you said Karin would live or Sasuke will take Itachi's eyes lol!

Phixion loves to delete my "witty" post..