18 48.65%
  • 3) Meh

4 10.81%
  • 2) Bad

0 0%
  • 1) Epic Fail

0 0%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    Did anyone think that the baseball kid (who got hit with the baseball) looked like Isshin when he yelled "Jinta Home Run!"? Or think that Jinta looks sort of like Toshiro?

I know that there's been a lot of predictions about Ichigo still having his hollow powers. What do you guys think would happen if he tried to summon his hollow mask while in human form? Is that a possibility? I don't remember it ever saying that it was a result of his shinigami powers. He gained that ability right before becoming a shinigami when Urahara was training him, and the mask has come out on its own (besides on his face) to save Ichigo during some occasions of the first arc (vs Renji and Zaraki)

What do you guys think?

Ok guys, the name of the arc is the "Lost Shinigami Representative" Arc, not the "Lost Shinigami Representative Badge" arc. Mangastream admitted it was a mistranslation on their part and fixed it in the issue. Ichigo's badge is not missing, nor does it seem likely that it will go missing. Aizen-look a like guy has his own badge also.

I also had a thought that the way Ishida phrased the line, saying "Until now" could have been due to Ishida saying that he had felt the change in Ichigo just now until Ichigo got kidnapped. Again this might be one of those instances where it is a little hard to translate the exact intent behind the wording into english.

So anyway, the meaning of what Ishida said does seem rather ambiguous as it could be taken either way. It would be nice to have someone who is proficient in Japanese let us know what the exact wording of the line was so we can more clearly understand what Kubo was getting at.

chapter seems interesting. plus, this new guy knows about the Kurosaki family, so Isshin is definitely going to play a major role in this new arc.

p.s., please god, i hope this new guy is not in anyway connected to Aizen, i'll seriously be pissed.

Veteran Member
    Max-
    He doesnt necessarily have to be targeting. He could want ichigo to learn about his family for whatever reason. If he was targeting isshin for bad reasons he would likely capture ichigo and/or yuzu and karin to get isshin.
    It kinda depends on what he wants to know about him. If he just wants to know his schedule then it seems stupid why he wouldnt do it himself. If he was a spy trying to find/get isshin.. Itd be stupid as hell to ask his son who could easily tell him that hes being spied on. The only reason i could see this working though is because ichigo wants to know more about him and wouldnt want to tell his dad such a thing... but even so its still seems a bit far fetched.
    The other thing is that he actually just wants information and he knew ichigo could get it. Which he could then get from ichigo. He knows somethings up with the kurosaki family, but not everything if this is the reason. Its the simplistic method that leaves many options open..

And it would be nice if we got to see a different look at that/those phrases. o.O

Quote Originally Posted by reereepee3 View Post
    Did anyone think that the baseball kid (who got hit with the baseball) looked like Isshin when he yelled "Jinta Home Run!"? Or think that Jinta looks sort of like Toshiro?

I know that there's been a lot of predictions about Ichigo still having his hollow powers. What do you guys think would happen if he tried to summon his hollow mask while in human form? Is that a possibility? I don't remember it ever saying that it was a result of his shinigami powers. He gained that ability right before becoming a shinigami when Urahara was training him, and the mask has come out on its own (besides on his face) to save Ichigo during some occasions of the first arc (vs Renji and Zaraki)

What do you guys think?
    1. Zangetsu and Hichigo are the same entity.
    2. This means that if Zangetsu is gone, Hichigo is gone.
    3. The complete loss of reiatsu also removes the existence of Hichigo.

Hichigo did not arrive first during Urahara's training. What happened was that Ichigo was so close becoming a hollow, he managed to create both shinigami and hollow powers at the same time. The fact that Ichigo is only wearing a hollow mask but is still shown in his shinigami clothing is a forshadowing of his future vizard powers - that of duality. He is neither fully hollow, nor is he neither fully shinigami. While being both at the same time.

If Ichigo still had an ounce of hollow inside of him, then they surely would've noticed during the years that passed so far. It seems that when Ichigo lost all of his reiatsu, he also lost touch with his inner selves, thus being unable to turn into a hollow even if he tried (with the exception of being eaten, but since he has zero reiatsu anymore and lives with a family who has a shinigami bloodline, it's highly unlikely. Plus, not having any reiatsu makes him very unattractive to hollows, who prefer high reiatsu entities).

Furthermore, Hichigo has stated several times that Zangetsu and he are the same being - just different representations of the same power source. I think this is greatly exemplified in how Kubo merged Zangetsu and Hichigo when Ichigo was training for the Final Getsuga. When one talks, both talk.The tears one shed, was shed by both. The lonliness expressed by Zangetsu/Hichigo was expressed by both of them. I really don't see how it can become more symbolic than how Kubo put it himself.

Hopefully this will lead to Ichigo finding out more about his father and family. If his little sister gets some training that would be cool to see her fighting some hollow and possibly being in the mix of whatever comes in the future.
    Signature by me.

The ramen guy is actually Ichigos brother and Aizens son.
    And now he is looking for Isshin (the guy his mother left Aizen for).

And like daz said: The moment ramen guy stole Ichis badge = no reiatsu left.
    Ava & Sig created by Max
    v Credits to IIDX v
    Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by SquadZero View Post
    Ok guys, the name of the arc is the "Lost Shinigami Representative" Arc, not the "Lost Shinigami Representative Badge" arc. Mangastream admitted it was a mistranslation on their part and fixed it in the issue. Ichigo's badge is not missing, nor does it seem likely that it will go missing. Aizen-look a like guy has his own badge also.

I also had a thought that the way Ishida phrased the line, saying "Until now" could have been due to Ishida saying that he had felt the change in Ichigo just now until Ichigo got kidnapped. Again this might be one of those instances where it is a little hard to translate the exact intent behind the wording into english.

So anyway, the meaning of what Ishida said does seem rather ambiguous as it could be taken either way. It would be nice to have someone who is proficient in Japanese let us know what the exact wording of the line was so we can more clearly understand what Kubo was getting at.
    Mangastream admitted to that? Somethings wrong.

So Karin becomes a soul reaper as well? Probably be smarter than Ichigo at first, but I'm definitely more drawn to finding out about his family now.

Donning the Vizard Mask! niorjan45's Avatar
    In the deepest, darkest part of Hueco Mundo!
    i hope the Ishin's past is coming up and it's not another "I'll hear it when im ready" from Ichigo