View Poll Results: Rate the Chapter!

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • 5) Awesome

    15 40.54%
  • 4) Good

    18 48.65%
  • 3) Meh

    4 10.81%
  • 2) Bad

    0 0%
  • 1) Epic Fail

    0 0%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 49
  1. #21
    H+ xioaxioa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Location Moved
    Posts
    2,717
    I don't think Karin and Urahara's meeting have anything to do with Shinigami. They just entered the world of Taboo and use the Shop as a meeting point to express their love for each other. They just be bumping uglies.

    I Love You!
    Spoiler!

  2. #22
    Thunder-mouse Master! Aleph-Sama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Amegakure (Wasington state)
    Posts
    566
    Quote Originally Posted by xioaxioa View Post
    I don't think Karin and Urahara's meeting have anything to do with Shinigami. They just entered the world of Taboo and use the Shop as a meeting point to express their love for each other. They just be bumping uglies.
    And I thought Ichigo was gonna do that with the MILF!
    Spoiler!




    72 hours of hell!
    Spoiler!

  3. #23
    The Emperor of Everything dct21's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,304
    Quote Originally Posted by SquadZero View Post
    I immediately thought the magic ramen idea to be a pretty dumb idea(no offense anyone) and was really hoping that it would not turn out to be the answer. I already kinda assumed that the FGT power loss had to be some kind of temporary effect seeing as how Isshin got his powers back(after assumedly having used FGT). My thought was that the Hougyoku fulfilled Ichigo's wish to be normal after it stopped obeying Aizen, which has prolonged Ichigo's power loss, and now that it appears that Ichigo is really starting to miss his powers, the hougyoku may be giving him back his reiatsu. See, we were never really told that it took Isshin 20 years to recover his powers, just that he hasn't been in shinigami form for 20 years. He could have begun getting his powers back before and then went ahead and got one of Urahara's special gigai's to erase his reiatsu traces.

    Nice i really like that idea

    awesome chapter btw

  4. #24
    Naruto x Sakura erratic's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    880
    Kirin showing up at Urahara's shop is awesome hahaha

    I won't say I want her to become a shinigami, but it wouldn't be a huge surprise. Isshin was a shinigami, so his children are also shinigami by blood. Why should we assume it only applies to Ichigo? Whether we like it or not, Kirin definitely has the potential to be one. That's without question.
    Ecchi Pics Below:
    Spoiler!

  5. #25
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,484
    Ishida said something was attached to ichigo.. something that felt like reiatsu. Orihime said the day before yesterday.. Which is when i thought he had the dream.. When did he meet the ramen guy, though? Cause i could see him leaving reiatsu on him to try and reawaken his powers or something.

    The title page had orihime having hairpins on her vest... Dont remember seeing her wear them anyway before that. I doubt her and chads powers actually left, they just dont have much need to use them. Orihime could have the hairpins in her bag or something. :-/
    She did seem to be able to sense the something that felt like reiatsu on ichigo... More proof that her powers are still there.

    Seems like this ramen guy might be planning to have ichigo learn more about his family.. All that coincidence shit.. He knew ichigos name.. and his fathers name.. and who they were.. why wouldnt he think they were family? >.> Kubo is totally making him feel like Aizen, though..

    Leat- didnt you say that you didnt think karin would get shinigami powers? Although, im thinking you were more that you just didnt think she would/should.. But still. Though, it doesnt mean she will from just this.. It seems like she might just be coming to ask urahara something.. possibly even asking him why ichigo might have some reiatsu on him.. She should be able to detect it. Coming to ask about why she is seeing so many ghosts now would be a good reason.. Although, i wonder if she is going to come ask uruhara san about why she has this power.. and why ichigo did too.. Maybe even coming up with the conclusion that one of the parents is the reason.. all that good stuff.

    And damn.. Jinta looks too close to toshiro.. and has the delinquent hair/look/act.. wtf!

  6. #26
    Serial Killer Next Door LeaT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    1,378
    Quote Originally Posted by sharingan360 View Post
    I knew ichigo is something of a special case, sure we all knew that but like royalty is what am thinking along the lines of. Also on my thread about the dark haired guy if ichigo is of some sort or royal lineage he must have soemthing to do with the royal family but why would he need to investigate and i am sure that guy knew ichigo was isshin's son he just wanted to get him to start talking about him and have ichigo curious. And this is some sort of scenario am seeing but maybe when ichigo was little something happen that isshin had to get away from soul society or where ever he is from and now they are looking for him but isshin was forbidden to tell ichigo and his family anything about who they were or where they are from. Looks like karin is about to start on her own shingami path, let see if she can be as strong as her brother.
    It is more likely noble rather than royal. We don't know anything about any royal family as of yet, and since it turned out that the Soul King is most likely an object rather than a subject (i.e. person), the Soul King can't have any kind of lineage. However, this is NOT what makes Ichigo special. It might make Isshin special and it might have helped Ichigo and his siblings to have a higher than normal reiatsu for humans, but what makes Ichigo special is the fact that he is a shinigami-human hybrid. That sounds so awesome when put it that way. The fact that Ichigo is recovering his powers (and if it had been residual powers from someone else, I'm quite sure Ishida would've noticed it was not Ichigo's) shows that his speciality is not out of the picture. That he chose to merge with Zangetsu to perform the Final Getsuga might have interesting effects once he fully recovers though, and might question his (our?) definition of a vizard.

    Anyway, just to emphasize, it is a very high probability that the Kurosaki family is one of the unkown/missing noble families. I had some lengthy discussion about that years ago with someone, and I still see no reason to change my opinion. We for instance already know that nobles have higher than normal reiatsu for shinigami, and they often are more skillful and develop their powers faster as a part of their noble bloodline (I guess Hitsugaya is an exception -.-). We've already seen that both Ichigo and Isshin are quite capable of fighting very strong enemies, and we also know that Ichigo's shinigami development is one of the fastest that we know of so far. Even though he did cheat on the bankai. However, after three days of training with Yoruichi, he mastered two of the shinigami techniques; hand to hand combat and sword techniques. That still says something.

    But whatever, I stop ramble here now.
    Avatar and signature by me.

  7. #27
    Serial Killer Next Door LeaT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    1,378
    Quote Originally Posted by Marik View Post
    Aizen already said that the Hogyoku bestowed those powers on them because they desired to be of some help to Ichigo.

    And yes, Ichigo lost his reiatsu, so you can pretty much assume he also lost zangetsu.....This 'reiatsu', that Ishida was talking about must of been the Hogyoku's last action.

    It prob transferred the one thing which didn't want to be 'lonely' into Ichigo. That being Aizen's sword, Kyouka Suigetsu. This also can explain as to why Aizen's sword started to disappear, and why could Ichigo see the feint silhouettes of Renji, Byakuya and Rukia in his dream, and why he's gradually regaining reiatsu all of a sudden.
    It's an interesting idea but it doesn't fit with how zanpakuto have been described thus far. They are personal and based on a shinigami's soul. Yes, some Bleach movies seem to question this idea but I think we can consider these non-canon as Kubo didn't write them.

    Furthermore, if you remove the personal aspect of zanpakuto, they become rather boring because then they are reduced to just swords. That's a personal opinion, however. But I really don't see how Ichigo could get a part of Aizen in him because of the hogukyoku. The hogukyoku still works within a probability frame, and merging souls/personalities seems highly improbable. I tell you, I still think Aizen merely split his soul in two and that's Jinzen (the new guy, I think we called him that in his thread). That also explains why people keep saying they get Aizen-vibes from him, but yet we can see he is not Aizen. It also explains why he would have interest in the Kurosaki family and that he knew about Ichigo before Ichigo knew about him. I think Aizen's disininterest in his zanpakuto or his gaining of it is related to Isshin. I also think that Jinzen might want to reunite with Aizen again, because no zanpakuto wants to be lonely but to do this he needs the help of the Kurosaki family.
    Leat- didnt you say that you didnt think karin would get shinigami powers? Although, im thinking you were more that you just didnt think she would/should.. But still. Though, it doesnt mean she will from just this.. It seems like she might just be coming to ask urahara something.. possibly even asking him why ichigo might have some reiatsu on him.. She should be able to detect it. Coming to ask about why she is seeing so many ghosts now would be a good reason.. Although, i wonder if she is going to come ask uruhara san about why she has this power.. and why ichigo did too.. Maybe even coming up with the conclusion that one of the parents is the reason.. all that good stuff.
    No, I said I don't want to have too much of a focus shift from Ichigo to Karin. For the record, you guys seem to have forgotten that Karin is a part of the Karakura Squad lead by Don Kanonji together with Jinta and Ururu. It is possible that Kubo is spinning further on that idea. So that Karin knows Urahara really isn't that strange.
    Avatar and signature by me.

  8. #28
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,484
    Quote Originally Posted by LeaT View Post
    No, I said I don't want to have too much of a focus shift from Ichigo to Karin. For the record, you guys seem to have forgotten that Karin is a part of the Karakura Squad lead by Don Kanonji together with Jinta and Ururu. It is possible that Kubo is spinning further on that idea. So that Karin knows Urahara really isn't that strange.
    But still.. asking for urahara and going to his house wouldnt make much sense.. but i guess it shouldnt, yet. But well.. she can see ghosts.. means she can see hollows... she might have seen ishida destroying a hollow and found out he does it for urahara.. She could be there just to ask about more information ghosts, or anything for that matter.. She seemed like she wanted to ask him something, though..
    Oh, didnt you say you didnt want her to get powers because itd be useless and itd end up that she needed to be protected by the big brother? Or was it that you disliked that in mangas so you wouldnt want it in bleach? Something related to that, anyway.

    Also, ishida never hinted that it was even ichigos reiatsu.. thats why i was wondering if it might have the been the new guys.. Although, he also wasnt positive it was even reiatsu.. something that just felt like it. O.o And he said attached.. im guessing this a purposefully misleading statement by kubo (or just accidentally, never know :-/ ) or just a minor translation/interpretation error.. Id say the first one because he might not want to give away too such info so early.

  9. #29
    Liar Game ftw Don.D.Bulky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Accra, Ghana.
    Posts
    448
    I'm really liking where this is going. Great Chapter and I think Karin is about to be trained as a Shinigami too..........lol.

    Quote Originally Posted by paulbee View Post
    Well ......Isshin did also recover His reiatsu (although we know nothing about how he lost it yet). I'm still wondering what happened to Orihime's powers, or Chad's, or the Vizards, since Aizen claimed Hougyouku gave them the powers (but they had to be compatible or something like that). Guess well find out in due time.
    Isn't it obvious Isshin knew about blade zen cos he once used it himself? How else will a strong guy like that loose his powers. Looks like he also fought someone of Aizen's caliber or something of the likes in the past.
    I'm sure those who have knowledge of blade zen tried to acquire it in the past but for isshin to know what to do to allow Ichigo to go through the training successfully means he himself succeeded when he tried and most likely used it (hence lost his power for a while).
    I'm sure he was able guide Ichigo cos their their zanpakotous are somewhat alike.......heck they both use getsuga and all.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

    __________________________________________________ __________________________
    Currently planning war strategies at a tea party with Madara, Kabuto, Zetsu and Sasuke.

  10. #30
    Serial Killer Next Door LeaT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    1,378
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Shepherd View Post
    But still.. asking for urahara and going to his house wouldnt make much sense.. but i guess it shouldnt, yet. But well.. she can see ghosts.. means she can see hollows... she might have seen ishida destroying a hollow and found out he does it for urahara.. She could be there just to ask about more information ghosts, or anything for that matter.. She seemed like she wanted to ask him something, though..
    Oh, didnt you say you didnt want her to get powers because itd be useless and itd end up that she needed to be protected by the big brother? Or was it that you disliked that in mangas so you wouldnt want it in bleach? Something related to that, anyway.

    Also, ishida never hinted that it was even ichigos reiatsu.. thats why i was wondering if it might have the been the new guys.. Although, he also wasnt positive it was even reiatsu.. something that just felt like it. O.o And he said attached.. im guessing this a purposefully misleading statement by kubo (or just accidentally, never know :-/ ) or just a minor translation/interpretation error.. Id say the first one because he might not want to give away too such info so early.
    Seriously, you must be one of the most confusing guys I've ever seen on the internet, and then I just browsed this. I don't mind if Karin would get shinigami powers but they seem useless unless she would not play any greater importance to the current plot, but if she would start surpass or take up a lot of space, it would annoy me. But if she is a sidekick her powers are useless.

    It's not so much with her powers but rather the role she plays in the plot and how her powers might affect it positively or negatively.

    No, Ishida didn't say it wasn't explicitly Ichigo's, but the point being is that if it would NOT be Ichigo's, there is in my opinion a high probability that Ishida would've noticed, or Orihime too, for the matter. However, because of Ishida's analytical skills (he was able to understand the "weirdo" feeling was possible reiatsu), he should also naturally be able to pinpoint if it is in fact Ichigo's or not.

    Rereading the sentence you are getting hung up over, I have to say it is very oddly formulated, and I can't actually make sense of it when I try to analyze it.
    Until a while ago, there was something attached to Kurosaki, who should have lost all of his spiritual powers.
    The problem isn't the word "attached" but it's "Until a while ago". I can't make sense whether it is supposed to mean before or after a certain time frame. Maybe I'm confused because I'm not a native English speaker, but to me, "until" does not make sense in that particular construction. Even if I would try to replace it with "before", it doesn't make any sense to me.

    My understanding of the sentence is that there was something attached to Kurosaki but there is no longer, but this doesn't make any sense in the context that Ichigo seemed to have gained something. The word attached is also a very strange phrasing. I assume that reiatsu is a bit smell and people smell differently. If you are with someone who smells very strongly, i.e. around people with strong reiatsu, your smell will be masked or completely gone, and it can also partially transfer just like perfume. However, Ichigo is around people with strong reiatsu all the time, and I find it hard to believe that Jinzen would have such an immense reiatsu that he literarily stinks wherever he goes, making others stink too. Attached means that something can also be removed; but it could also be the possible intended meaning that Ichigo did loose his powers - he actually (meta)physically removed them.

    It could also be an intended meaning, here spinning further on my theory that the zanpakuto can act as an individual entity, that it is merely Zangetsu Ishida is sensing. Ichigo temporarily merged with Zangetsu, but what happened after? We don't know. Where did Zangetsu go? Of course Zangetsu cannot physically go anywhere, he will still be a part of Ichigo, but it is not as simple as to say that their communication was broken, because if so, Ichigo would still have some kind of spiritual power like before he became a shinigami. I however doubt that Zangetsu would become a separate entity like how I theorized about Aizen, although thinking after, of course Jinzen could be a young grown-up version of Zangetsu, but the personality does not seem to fit.

    Now, another interesting thought: what if Zangetsu and Kyoka Suigetsu merged into one entity? The thing is though, I do not think that Ichigo ever lost his motivation to protect; but what he desired was the very typical dilemma of superheroes: that of a normal life without the extra responsibilities of being a shinigami. We have yet to see Ichigo ever getting a proper closure for Masaki's death. While he got some when he seriously wounded Grand Fisher, it wasn't a proper one. We never saw him feeling that he could let go.

    So, random ramblings really. It's too bad I can't read kanji or I would definitely prefer to read Bleach that way. While I'm sure the Binktopia/MangaStream staff is competent, you do wonder when you have sentences like these and you just want to confirm with the original.

    Anyway, almost falling asleep, I hope I clarified some for you Chaos. I honestly don't know how to put it more clearly.
    Last edited by LeaT; 11-18-2010 at 11:20 PM.
    Avatar and signature by me.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •