Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 LastLast
    ^ Much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by daz bonez View Post
    well here`s some other theories about the tenryuu bito

Spoiler!

well.the gourosei part is interesting but i don`t think they just a keeper for the secrets if so,why does they have such high position? and their expresion about the ohara incident was serious,and i guess the tenryubito wear astronout suits just so they don`t breath the same air than common people use.

Anyway: Lot's of new things were introduced in the manga and FI is shaping up to become a REALLY long arc.

Here a quick overview of what happen and the remaining question(beware, big image file):
    Spoiler!

aside from the brook mistake.i really intrigued by the prof.moonwatcher and dr.Vegapunk possible connection.
    Nice read. I really love threads like this.

Anyway, Since this thread is about what OP is, I'll just say what I think it is. OP is the "will of the D" and not the poneglyphs. And yes only the D's could attain OP. We all know what common traits the D's have which is "the smile" they have on their faces when they're about to die or at least when their lives is at risk. But of course the will is more deeper than that. It's something that even Roger never had. I believe his power to hear all the voices of things was not from a df or just plain haki. I believe it came from his D-will but his ability is not enough to topple the WG. Yes Roger never had OP imo. He failed to get OP coz his D-will was not enough. He only was able to hear voices of all things. Luffy on the other hand has the ability to unite them and that is what OP is. An ability that Mihawk said the most dangerous ability in the entire ocean. And what will be the biggest threat to the WG but this greatest ability of all.

Roger just made up that he has this treasure called OP just to call out all the people in the whole world who possesses the D not to find some treasure but to find the true history and the roots of their people. WB never asked Roger any kind of treasure or what's in Raftel but before WB he confirmed that OP do exist. And the only thing Roger told WB is what is the D all about.

The reason the WG never really bothered in finding OP to use it for themselves or completely destroys the only real threat to them is that it's unobtainable nor destructable. They could only prevent those who posseses this ability from coming to raftel and finding the history which would definitely ignite a war against them.

Shanks and Buggy knows what OP is but Buggy never even bothered mentioning it while Shanks would go to the weakest sea, sacrifice his left arm for just a kid. He said Luffy is very similar to Roger and Shanks saw that Luffy had the potential since he possess similar will to the man closest to OP.

sig made by me

Lollipop Candy ♥BAD♥ girl daz bonez's Avatar
    well,i`m not agree......

WB can be a pirate king if he wanted to....
    Shanks can be a pirate king if he wanted to.....
    both was just not interested on that.

Quote Originally Posted by xioaxioa View Post
    Fisher Tiger is a punk ass bitch.

-----credit to Maximo for the kick ass ava----

Quote Originally Posted by daz bonez View Post
    well,i`m not agree......

WB can be a pirate king if he wanted to....
    Shanks can be a pirate king if he wanted to.....
    both was just not interested on that.
    Ok, let us put aside my theory for a moment.

How do someone become PK? PK is not a position like being a Shichibukai but a title. And a title like that is not given but earned. You would only earn it by the other pirates, ordinary people and maybe even the marines themselves acknowledgement of your power and influence.

I don't think just by reaching Raftel will earn you the title of PK. What if there's another crew(ex. BB) that reached Raftel aside from the SH. Would there be two Pirate Kings? What if the other Yonkou's reached it too?

I don't think it's all about being the strongest pirate or crew will earn you the title too. WB is considered the strongest for a long time but no one considered him the PK. Roger's crew isn't the strongest crew in terms of pure military power but he still became PK.

WB could not become PK coz the other pirates mainly Kaidou would not acknowledge him since he himself has a strong point of being PK. Shanks will NEVER become PK since he has been on Roger's ship and seen what the former PK had seen. He will only feel that he has an advantage and it will be unfair to other pirates.

If we take a look at Roger's era. He had serious battle with his rival pirate but at the end of the day they all could sit together and drink sake. WB acknowledged Roger and Shiki did too. Even Garp did too that he took Ace out of respect from Roger. I don't see him do that to any other pirate.

Now Luffy is doing the same thing as Roger did. He had influenced and befriend not only other pirates but normal citizens themselves. They all have acknowledge Luffy and if these people (plus all those others Luffy will meet in the future) said that for them Luffy is the PK then he is the PK.

sig made by me

well you got a point there.
    the similarities beetween roger and luffy has been displayed since the start.
    so does with ace.
    maybe roger can make almost anyone on the sea acknowledged him and respect him.but he is the strongest.
    WB named the strongest after roger died.
    to me roger got the PK title after he complete his journey towards OP world.a feat that nona have achieve B4.
    WB don`t want to be PK.but he wanted to make ACE the next PK.that`s mean if he wanted to i think WB can became one.
    if you look the war and see many pirates siding with WB, that is one similarities with roger.and don`t forget many islands was under the protection of WB name, even shanks say that sengoku too respected him.
    the gourosei don`t bother too much about shanks cause they say "he don`t like the type to shake the world".and WB had achieved his goal.having his own family.

so for me if WB had accepted roger aid for raftel secrets.he will not be dubed the strongest man in the world,but the Pirate King.

Yes, Roger is the strongest and he has one of the most strongest individuals in his crew but in overall power, his crew were not. I mean Shiki could have beaten Roger if it weren't from the storm that wrecked half of Shiki's fleet and Shiki's accident aswell.

Yes, WB did have lots of pirates siding with him and lots of island under his protection but so does the other Yonkou's. The thing is, it ends there. Luffy's influence is beyond that. WB commands respect through his sheer strength except for those who truly knows him. Luffy befriends and share his belief and determination that it changes people around him.

Yes he never wanted the title of PK but why does he want Ace to become one? Why not Jozu? Why not Marco? Yeah Ace has the most potential but if being a pirate king is as simple as finding Raftel and knowing what's written in the poneglyph, then Marco has much of a chance as Ace do.

I believe WB couldn't become PK coz he couldn't obtain OP so he chose Ace coz he carries the will of the D that is the key in obtaining OP and earning the title of PK.

Shanks is not the type to shake the world coz he can't. He knows what it takes to be PK and how to obtain OP and he knows he doesn't. That's why he sacrificed his left arm just for a boy who he saw has what it takes.

sig made by me

The Emperor of Everything dct21's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by arisart View Post
    Yes, Roger is the strongest and he has one of the most strongest individuals in his crew but in overall power, his crew were not. I mean Shiki could have beaten Roger if it weren't from the storm that wrecked half of Shiki's fleet and Shiki's accident aswell.
    Are you sure about that, why is everyone all of a sudden doubting rogers strength, just look how strong rayleigh is in his old age that should give you a descent indaication of how strong roger was. Quality always beats quantity in one piece we have seen it time in time again. Shiki could never have beaten roger

[
    Shanks is not the type to shake the world coz he can't. He knows what it takes to be PK and how to obtain OP and he knows he doesn't. That's why he sacrificed his left arm just for a boy who he saw has what it takes.
    WTH go read the last couple of chapters of the war arc

well..i guess we both will never agree on this,the storm was not the only thing that keep roger fleet alive,why does rayleigh been titled the dark king?besides oda don`t show some roger higher ups other than ray.even shiki was furious when he knew roger gonna executed at east blue.

we don`t know how much other younkou influence,but for me among the 4, WB is the one with the biggest.

why not marco why not jozu or even why not shanks?,cause it`s not in their trait.Wb needed someone who he sees can topple the WG and have the ambition. i guess he sees it in Ace, and he think ace can do it,the same reason why all WB commander protect luffy cos they see him as their next hope.from my opinion kidd can be a PK,so does Law.and i believed that.

if support from other people were needed,also influence.then BB could never stand a chance.but because he`s a D he can be one? i guess it`s absurd.

roger completed the journey,got to the end of the world and find one piece.other pirates who can do the same will be named like him.cause as simple as the sentence goes.such feat was almost impossible to achieve.a lesson luffy had learned HARD.
    remember people only know roger find the OP not learning about the world biggest secret.

All I can say is there a is a big reason Sengoku ended the war when Shanks arrived, yes it maybe because they were already badly bruised or maybe Shanks like Silvers knows the truth. He has no intent on finding OP he wants Luffy too.

I do believe someone with the Will of D can find raftel but that doesnt mean that this ability is OP. I think someone who has the determination to find it will and it will reveal the truth behind the Will of D as well as the truth about the world
    Pandaman FOR PRESDIENT

Quote Originally Posted by dct21 View Post
    Are you sure about that, why is everyone all of a sudden doubting rogers strength, just look how strong rayleigh is in his old age that should give you a descent indaication of how strong roger was. Quality always beats quantity in one piece we have seen it time in time again. Shiki could never have beaten roger in a one on one match.

WTH go read the last couple of chapters of the war arc
    I don't doubt Roger and his crew strength. Roger was the Strongest. Even stronger than Garp and WB. Rayleigh was also the strongest firstmate and I'm sure they also has top-tier nakama. Roger would eat Shiki for breakfast. But in terms of military power, Roger's as a crew is not the strongest. It's said in the Ed war that Roger faced almost certain doom and was only SAVED by a freak storm. Quality beats quantity most of the time but not all. In the war the pirates was led by the strongest man and yet they failed to beat the much more bigger marines.

I'm talking about shaking the world PK level. Of course any Yonkou movement is big news but it will never be as big as a PK. WB said himself that a war will come that will engulf the world. It is safe to assume that the PK will be in the middle of it.

Spoiler!

have the ambition= will of the D

BB may have an initial D but WB already said that he's not a real D. Not in a literal way but because he doesn't carry the will.

Spoiler!

Roger only said that his treasure, OP is in that place so those rare few he has been waiting for, those who carries the same will as he, (the will of the D) will go search for it and find the true history that will ignite the war which will engulf the whole world.

Roger was waiting for a select few. Those few who share the same will as he. The will that WB said BB didn't possess and that he is not one of them. You have to be a D which carries the will to obtain OP.
    Last edited by arisart; 12-07-2010 at 07:40 AM.

sig made by me