Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
    ^ That was a nice read about the early history, now I know why all this theorizing about the moon people happen. I thought it was just random bluntness, but it actually has some covert story depth I forgot about.

I still doubt it though. Although this those puts me leaning towards Enel returning now....

Same for me, I also have my doubts about the D-theory, that's why i said 'IF'...
    though atm it's one of the more plausible explainations on what could be the origin (and importance) of what is the will of th D's

Quote Originally Posted by Flare Blitz View Post
    Early History
    From an ancient drawing in the city in the Moon we know that ancestors of the three sky peoples - Skypieans, Shandians, and Bilkans -had lived on the Moon together long time ago but once had headed to the Earth. Their further history mostly remains a mystery...

We know, however, that some time in past Skypieans settled in the region which is now called Skypiea. According to Gan Fall, Skypiea was around long before Jaya got knocked up in the sky.

The Bilkans settled on a Sky Island apparently named after their former home, Bilka. They also appeared to "forget" their origins, although the moon, known to them as the "Fairy Vearth" remained a folk tale amongst their people, believing it to be a place of dreams.

Emergence of Upper Yard and 400 Years War
    Four hundred years ago half of Jaya, subsequently called Upper Yard, was knocked up into the sky. By that time it had been homeland to Shandians for many centuries. And i guess you know the further history between the two (and enel).

Now i'm pretty sure the skypieans and bilkans have nothing to do with the Shandorian ponelglyphs here...
    We've seen the Shandora Ruins were located on 1/2 jaya (upper yard) which was home to the Shandians...
    So te me it's pretty clear that IF the theory about the D-people is true and some of them having 'what i takes?' to find raftel on which THE ponelglyph is located(?) that contains the void-century which the WG desperatly wants to cover up, The D-poeple could only be descendants of some of the early shandians that blended in with earthlings => and this is the >keypoint< where the WG becomes affliated with these ppl and the void-century started & which is also when some of the ancient weapons were created... Is my theory

+ Having the last Ohara-survivor = archeologist that can read the ponelglyph and has knowlege about the ancient weapons pretty much completes the theory (and saved me a lot of writing)

Just out of curiosity, why do u think the Alabasta people are also descendants? (it's been long since i last read the whole arc, so please fill me in if i fergot some important clue on this matter)
    I'm just trying to connect/support Daz's theory about moonpeople, the D's and how they eventually lose their wings. If you take a look at the pic I posted the Bilkans (whose wings are pointing downwards unlike the Shandians and SkyPieans) are wearing the same clothes Alabasta people (or at least those in the castle) are wearing. So they could have arrived at Alabasta a long time ago and influenced it's culture. They have mingled and blended with Earth people and eventually lose their wings etc etc. Interesting enough Alabasta hold one of the most important poneglyps out there.

sig made by me

Well, we know (so far) that the shandians were the only race who lived among the people, livng on jaya
    (before it was knocked up into the sky and the skypieans took over)

Some history:
    The Shandians were once called the Shandorians. They lived on the Moon along with the fellow moon races, the Bilkans and Skypieans. The three races had also built a robotic race called the Spaceys. However, when resources on the moon wore out, the three races had to leave the Spaceys behind as they headed for Earth.

The Great War Edit
    While the Bilkans and Skypieans settle in the Sky Islands, the Shandorians made it as far as the Blue Sea. They settled on the island of Jaya. They used to be one of the more powerful societies on the Grand Line, but their city of Shandora was attacked during the Void Century by the future World Government because it contained a Poneglyph. Their kingdom fell and only a small tribe was left.

Though the Shandorians disappeared, they would leave to their descendants, the Shandians, a legacy which included the ruins of the golden city of Shandora and the Bell of Shandora, which was also one of the two Poneglyphs of Shandora, containing the details of Poseidon which they had guarded with their lives.

So folowing my theory the alabasta-ponelglyph could just have made it to alabasta during the void century.
    But this is as far as we know, perhaps ur theory about bilkans is also true.

The funny thing is, posted my theory about the shandians and shandora before i actiually found this lol
    Last edited by Flare Blitz; 11-29-2010 at 01:37 AM.

Lollipop Candy ♥BAD♥ girl daz bonez's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Flare Blitz View Post
    Same for me, I also have my doubts about the D-theory, that's why i said 'IF'...
    though atm it's one of the more plausible explainations on what could be the origin (and importance) of what is the will of th D's
    well here`s some other theories about the tenryuu bito

Spoiler!

well.the gourosei part is interesting but i don`t think they just a keeper for the secrets if so,why does they have such high position? and their expresion about the ohara incident was serious,and i guess the tenryubito wear astronout suits just so they don`t breath the same air than common people use.

Anyway: Lot's of new things were introduced in the manga and FI is shaping up to become a REALLY long arc.

Here a quick overview of what happen and the remaining question(beware, big image file):
    Spoiler!

aside from the brook mistake.i really intrigued by the prof.moonwatcher and dr.Vegapunk possible connection.

Quote Originally Posted by xioaxioa View Post
    Fisher Tiger is a punk ass bitch.

-----credit to Maximo for the kick ass ava----

The thing about OP is that there are so many nuances and tie ins that I am almost worried that Oda wont be able to close all the gaps when the story ends. Its what makes it a great read because there is so few things we know for sure. However, the more gaps there are the harder it is for the writer to feel so its a catch 22. I have read so many mangas that ended with plot holes that were never explained because the writer made the story to complex for their own good.

By the way Flare thanks for adding onto my theory a little more that I forgot and thanks for writing what I was thinking about the islands lol less writing for either of us. Its for that reason I have a hard time believing the Skypieans were the civilization of the void century. I can believe those who were on fairy verth settled on the sky islands but I believe the only ponyglyph that was located on a sky island only reached there because it was located on Jaya
    Pandaman FOR PRESDIENT

The Emperor of Everything dct21's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by joshecalpoly View Post
    The thing about OP is that there are so many nuances and tie ins that I am almost worried that Oda wont be able to close all the gaps when the story ends.
    believe in oda i bet the ending to one piece is gonna be awesome, hes not tite kubo you know. I bet he already knows how one piece is gonna end

Quote Originally Posted by dct21 View Post
    believe in oda i bet the ending to one piece is gonna be awesome, hes not tite kubo you know. I bet he already knows how one piece is gonna end
    Usually thats the first thing a writer comes up with but it doesnt mean there will not be plot holes when the time comes.
    Pandaman FOR PRESDIENT

^Oda said he had the ending of the story already in his mind. But than again it's been quite a few years since he said that, pretty sure its not the same image anymore. But yes I do hope we get to see all the sub plots answer.
    Quote Originally Posted by daz bonez View Post
    well here`s some other theories about the tenryuu bito

Spoiler!

well.the gourosei part is interesting but i don`t think they just a keeper for the secrets if so,why does they have such high position? and their expresion about the ohara incident was serious,and i guess the tenryubito wear astronout suits just so they don`t breath the same air than common people use.

Anyway: Lot's of new things were introduced in the manga and FI is shaping up to become a REALLY long arc.

Here a quick overview of what happen and the remaining question(beware, big image file):
    Spoiler!

aside from the brook mistake.i really intrigued by the prof.moonwatcher and dr.Vegapunk possible connection.
    Whats the name of the site that image is from?

The Emperor of Everything dct21's Avatar
    its at the very bottom of the pic onepieceguide.wordpress.com