Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

One Piece SBS and Data Book Thread

This is where we'll put all the translations for any SBS or data book material (that is story relevant) as well as discussions we have about new information. I'll just edit my first post with the newest up to date info that I translate myself. Of course anything found out on the interwebs by AP_Aohige or other translators is more than welcome here as well!

11/7/2010 - Green Data Book - Tidbits

Spoiler!

02/03/11 - Book 61: A tree theory confirmed and Diamond Jozu...

Spoiler!

11/03/2010 - Book 60: Sengoku's Devil's Fruit Ability

Spoiler!

9/20/2010 - Book 59: Whitebeard Pirates Break Down

Spoiler!
    Last edited by hwh316; 02-07-2011 at 01:29 PM.

Questions to Oda:
    Keep the questions coming. Whether he got the last ones or not let's just keep asking until we get at least one!

awesome OP this cant wait for this thread to get chock full o info ^-^

One of the reasons why I like to stay in Japan.. :3
    What's up Motherf*ckers?!...

Finally a thread worth reading.

Actually I don't know Scotty's are amazing threads as well.

Anyways good idea adding the data book if you just kept it SBS probably would had been closed.

Lollipop Candy ♥BAD♥ girl daz bonez's Avatar
    the following are quotes from Oda, either from interviews, JUMP Festas, SBS's or any other place Oda speaks about One Piece outside of the manga. I hope this is the best place to put it. I am not giving my own interpretation of the quotes, everyone is free to interpret them as they wish.

They're gonna make a former boss character their partner and head to the New World.
    Day 2 of JUMP Festa 2009; NUMEROUS blogs
    Oda says he's the closest to a human in the series with everyone else being super human. He feels that as Usopp slowly gets stronger, his readers can feel the same way and get stronger too. Tanaka loves how when Luffy and team go off leaving Nami and Usopp behind then they both say, "Counting on you -_-;" Oda says there are certain things he wants to keep the same because it will just upset the balance. No matter who joins, he always wants Usopp to be the weakest,
    Sources: One Piece 10th Treasures interview;
    And this is a manga for boys so I won’t draw anything about relationships. I get a lot of letters from female readers asking me to cover some kind of relationship but if that’s what you want to read, go read a girl’s manga, that’s not my job. I don’t care if someone falls for Luffy, but it’s something that would be over before you know it. But knowing Luffy, I don’t think that kind of thing would be a problem. (laughs)
    Source: Men's NON-NO interview with Oda; http://www.thegrandline.com/odanon.htm); interview, December 2009
    They won't fly! (laugh) Because if they fly, they won't need ships anymore. Also, they'd be able to do anything... I'm really focusing on the aspect of sailing the seas.
    Source: COMICKERS interview, Roy Watanabe (interview here, http://www.apricot.com/~fuu/paradise3/oda/cm1098.html)
    Also, I had a sorcerer in a short story once, but I won't be using that in the series. Any preposterous situations are all created by the devil fruits. That one point is rather supernatural, but everything else is normal.
    Source: Exact same as the flying one

I purposely did not include Oda saying that Strongworld is Luffy's last adventure as a 17 year old because it should be obvious to everyone by now that Luffy is no longer 17.

Quote Originally Posted by xioaxioa View Post
    Fisher Tiger is a punk ass bitch.

-----credit to Maximo for the kick ass ava----

Don Quixote Doflamingo scottyaks143's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FenixMarco View Post
    Finally a thread worth reading.

Actually I don't know Scotty's are amazing threads as well.

Anyways good idea adding the data book if you just kept it SBS probably would had been closed.
    Well I am really happy to read that..

Nice thread i look forward to all the info ;D
    The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!

“Champions do not become champions when they win the event, but in the hours, weeks, months and years they spend preparing for it. The victorious performance itself is merely the demonstration of their championship character”
    T. Alan Armstrong

Quote Originally Posted by daz bonez View Post
    the following are quotes from Oda, either from interviews, JUMP Festas, SBS's or any other place Oda speaks about One Piece outside of the manga. I hope this is the best place to put it. I am not giving my own interpretation of the quotes, everyone is free to interpret them as they wish.

I purposely did not include Oda saying that Strongworld is Luffy's last adventure as a 17 year old because it should be obvious to everyone by now that Luffy is no longer 17.
    Yo the 4th one was so obvious but it's great it was bluntly said by Oda, wish he would do that for all the other retarded ideas. Franky jet pact and Robin flying theories shut down.

I posted 1 of Greg's Green data book quote, the jist of it is that 10 isn't the definite number of members for the crew, although I think it will be the exact number as BB's and not a cluster f*ck regular crew like most of them are.
    Last edited by FenixMarco; 11-07-2010 at 04:22 PM.

Can someone also post any translated info. from the green databook here? There's supposed to be 80+ secrets revealed in it. It just got released 3 days ago and it hasn't been translated completely yet.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Currently reading/watching:
    One Piece, Naruto, Shingeki no Kyojin, Kenichi, Hajime No Ippo The Rising, Hunter x Hunter

hwh316 is working on it i think we just have to wait in till he gets the time to post them
    Quote Originally Posted by arisart View Post
    Lol, I bet you argue too much with cross. It's not really healthy you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Death View Post
    Hey stick to the topic, quit asking nonsense question about other series or if cross777 is thunder luffy which by the way have different IP addresses.... Next person that goes off topic will be infracted...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]