Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 67
  1. #11
    Shiny EVERYWHERE! hwh316's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Japan
    Posts
    311
    i am working on the green book. problem is that they're not laid out like "THIS IS A SECRET"...for anyone who's seen a data book it's basically just a round up of EVERYTHING that has happened up until this point. I'll toss a few of the things that stuck out up on the top today. I warn you, they are not mind blowing (and FM already said one HAHA!)

    edit: I was also thinking about it. I haven't seen the quote in Japanese, but when Oda said they would partner up with an old boss and head to the New World...would that not simply be Crocodile? It makes sense. Depending on the translation of the line, it could have simply said, there will be a new partner who was an old boss and then they will head to the new world. Croc joins Luffy for a minute during the War, everyone heads their separate ways and next stop New world. Just a thought. Got a feelin that's what he was talking about...
    Last edited by hwh316; 11-07-2010 at 04:07 AM.

    Questions to Oda:
    Keep the questions coming. Whether he got the last ones or not let's just keep asking until we get at least one!

  2. #12
    Lollipop Candy ♥BAD♥ girl daz bonez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    PDengkholan Blah Gono
    Posts
    2,048
    @hwh:yeah..i agreee with u...same with vivi,is she a nakama? yes, but is she a crew ?no...i guess the translation can be confuseing sometimes....

    some stuff from the databook,get it from greg....

    Holy shit...There's no way I could cover this all in an evening. I just opened it up and it's freaking PACKED.

    KEEP THIS IN MIND PEOPLE!!!!!!!!

    Oda probably didn't write all of this himself, but his seal of approval is on it. Which means unless it's a very minute detail, any broad statements are probably acceptable.

    I'm just gonna mention stuff I find interesting because there WAY too much info in here.

    Usopp's opening candid comments:

    Ever notice how there are lots of ships with animal heads on 'em? Long ago, really far back, in a ceremony for a ship's maiden voyage [Note: there's a proper name/translation for the ceremony in English but I'm not looking it up right now] people prayed for the safety of the ship and sacrificed an animal for it. Putting that sacrificed animal's head on the ship was the origin of animal figureheads on ships.

    In other words that means...there was a lamb and lion sacrificed for Merry and Sunny!!!

    (Just lying about the Merry and Sunny thing)


    "TEN OR MORE MEMBERS"

    Small corner brings back Luffy's declaration about crew members. They suggest this means he'll get, "AT LEAST," one new member in the New World. Note that in the same blurb, they count the current number at NINE.


    We've been reminded that the three boys in Syrup all have their own dreams.

    The splash mangas SUCK. Thy really dropped the ball. They've been squished to fit two on a page so they're very small. Lame. HOWEVER, each one comes with brand new comments in addition to the title.

    WOAH! Helmeppo's 'determination' that was only hinted at in the cover story: "Someday I'll be stronger than you Dad! I'll be the one to bring you in!!"

    There are collection of each member's 'animal pairing cover' between mini-arcs. Is it just me or is that not sweet as hell?

    Apparently we may now consider Galdino a member of Buggy's crew.

    Never noticed this but I believe they intend to point out Jango sailed off in Luffy's old boat. Haven't confirmed.

    Jango's eyes may have been a play on words for the Japanese word for 'love', 'ai'. NOT confirmed as intentional by Oda.

    They bring up Davey Jones specifically, so looks like we will indeed be hearing more about him.

    They suggest that Ener has yet more ambition and he's heading towards it with his army.

    More WB crew names:

    Spellings NOT confirmed in English

    Andre- Frankenstein/andre the giant-lookin' guy.
    Hermy(sp)- The old fat lady pirate
    Ramba- Spartan-looking dude
    Vizarre- iron-jaw guy
    Epoida- Snuffkin-lookin' dude.
    Karma- Octopus head
    Baron Lightning McGuy (fuck-off awesome name)- guy with huge nose and chin and lightning stache.
    A O- weird dude with round teeth and big mouth, looks ever so slightly like Wanze.
    Derakuahi- I literally wrote that in romaji cause I have no idea what the gag is offhand. Looks like and Arab...uh...turnip? freaky circle eyes.
    Eylewan- The walrus
    Blondie- pigish-looking fat guy. Don't remember him actually.
    Amadob- Guy with a crown.

    Will add katakana later if you guys didn't know these yet.

    Moriah is the official spelling.


    Jinbe is the official spelling.

    Dracule is now without question the official spelling.


    No space in Doflamingo.

    Racklo- Marine giant that looks similar to Akainu.
    Ronz- Marine giant with full helmet.


    Norland's name comes from an 'island' 'not being there'. Or in other words, 'No land'.

    Hiruruk's name comes from the German word for 'medical treatment'. Ivotas? Anyone? What's the correct spelling?

    They suggest 3rd in command on Roger's ship was 'Bronze So-and-so' and even though they haven't shown up yet...
    __________________


    Quote Originally Posted by xioaxioa View Post
    Fisher Tiger is a punk ass bitch.

    -----credit to Maximo for the kick ass ava----

  3. #13
    "Sanji?! Meat!!!" Gypseslice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Raftel aka UK
    Posts
    2,390
    ^^ Davey Jones?? i'm both aroused and confused ?? x]
    The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!


    “Champions do not become champions when they win the event, but in the hours, weeks, months and years they spend preparing for it. The victorious performance itself is merely the demonstration of their championship character”
    T. Alan Armstrong

  4. #14
    The Wise One shadowfox87's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    1,571
    Speaking of Davy Jones, since the SH crew is going underwater, it is most likely they will be meeting him. I also think Davy Jones is the reason for devil fruits. Here's a QA from SBS Volume 38 bout Davy:

    R: Hi there, Oda-sensei!! I was watching a pirate movie on DVD with subtitles, and I noticed the actors were saying something about "Davy Jones's Locker." But the subtitles said "turned into fishfood." Could this Davy be the Davy in Davy Back Fight?! Was Davy Jones a real life pirate? Please tell us.[4]

    O: Well, to be clear, "Davy Back" doesn't exist in any legend. Davy Back Fight is a game that exists only in the world of One Piece. But the "Davy Jones Locker" that Robin mentions in Volume 33 is a well-known legend among sailors in real life. There are several different accounts, but in general there was a lying, no-good pirate named Davy Jones, a greedy deck chief who was famous for putting all the crew's valuables in his own locker. He was so wicked, even for a pirate, that one day the Devil himself cursed Davy to live at the bottom of the sea forever, swabbing the deck of a sunken ship and placing all the sunken treasure into his locker, where it would never be seen again. So when pirates say "Put 'im in Davy Jones' locker!!" it means "sink 'im to the bottom o' the sea!!"
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Currently reading/watching:
    One Piece, Naruto, Shingeki no Kyojin, Kenichi, Hajime No Ippo The Rising, Hunter x Hunter

  5. #15
    Senior Member FenixMarco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Valhalla
    Posts
    3,721

    One Piece

    Quote Originally Posted by shadowfox87 View Post
    Speaking of Davy Jones, since the SH crew is going underwater, it is most likely they will be meeting him. I also think Davy Jones is the reason for devil fruits. Here's a QA from SBS Volume 38 bout Davy:

    R: Hi there, Oda-sensei!! I was watching a pirate movie on DVD with subtitles, and I noticed the actors were saying something about "Davy Jones's Locker." But the subtitles said "turned into fishfood." Could this Davy be the Davy in Davy Back Fight?! Was Davy Jones a real life pirate? Please tell us.[4]

    O: Well, to be clear, "Davy Back" doesn't exist in any legend. Davy Back Fight is a game that exists only in the world of One Piece. But the "Davy Jones Locker" that Robin mentions in Volume 33 is a well-known legend among sailors in real life. There are several different accounts, but in general there was a lying, no-good pirate named Davy Jones, a greedy deck chief who was famous for putting all the crew's valuables in his own locker. He was so wicked, even for a pirate, that one day the Devil himself cursed Davy to live at the bottom of the sea forever, swabbing the deck of a sunken ship and placing all the sunken treasure into his locker, where it would never be seen again. So when pirates say "Put 'im in Davy Jones' locker!!" it means "sink 'im to the bottom o' the sea!!"
    There is another SBS I think with Buggy or so to say a comment about Captain John's treasure being in the bottom of the sea and all. Relating to Davy Jones. What Greg posted still some what vague but one thing is for sure seems like Davy Jones will be part of the story.

  6. #16
    Senior Member cross777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    10,778
    and yet again the book of answers gives us more questions, loved the part about enel though also maybe we will see davy jones as a boss of some kind? or a arc or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by arisart View Post
    Lol, I bet you argue too much with cross. It's not really healthy you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Death View Post
    Hey stick to the topic, quit asking nonsense question about other series or if cross777 is thunder luffy which by the way have different IP addresses.... Next person that goes off topic will be infracted...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  7. #17

    I can't wait!

    O-E-M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    bangin yo mama!!!
    Posts
    860
    can we get all the info edited to the first post
    Spoiler!

  8. #18
    Senior Member FenixMarco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Valhalla
    Posts
    3,721
    Quote Originally Posted by cross777 View Post
    also maybe we will see davy jones as a boss of some kind? or a arc or something.
    Bebus Bhrist dude, do you not understand what the hell is a story? Or do you not know the myth of Davy Jones.

    Quote Originally Posted by O-E-M View Post
    can we get all the info edited to the first post
    Hwh is working on it the extras posted on the chat is from AP forums by Greg.

    Seeing on how big this book is it'll probably take him a good month to do it.

  9. #19
    Senior Member cross777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    10,778
    Quote Originally Posted by FenixMarco View Post
    Bebus Bhrist dude, do you not understand what the hell is a story? Or do you not know the myth of Davy Jones.
    excuse me marco do you not understand what a fictional story is, for all we know davy jones is just as real in the one piece story line as he is in the pirates of the Caribbean story line. we just have no information on it yet other than in some way it might play a part in the story. so, it is very possible that devy jones as a character or a myth will play a role in the story or in an arc at some point. oda obviously looked in to the legend for some reason or another.
    Quote Originally Posted by arisart View Post
    Lol, I bet you argue too much with cross. It's not really healthy you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Death View Post
    Hey stick to the topic, quit asking nonsense question about other series or if cross777 is thunder luffy which by the way have different IP addresses.... Next person that goes off topic will be infracted...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  10. #20
    Senior Member FenixMarco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Valhalla
    Posts
    3,721
    Quote Originally Posted by cross777 View Post
    excuse me marco do you not understand what a fictional story is, for all we know davy jones is just as real in the one piece story line as he is in the pirates of the Caribbean story line. we just have no information on it yet other than in some way it might play a part in the story. so, it is very possible that devy jones as a character or a myth will play a role in the story or in an arc at some point. oda obviously looked in to the legend for some reason or another.
    Yes this would be true if Oda was bad at story telling. Him being a HUGE fan of Viking stories and Pirates I really thought he'll do something as stupid as that. By defiling Davy Jones myth making him a boss. For the record Disney did a great job, it was nothing like you just described, although like One Piece story Disney entertains the whole crowd so the younger minded individuals tend to lack the comprehension to understand the more complex entertaining things within it, in lot of their movies.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •