Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Ok I figured it out!

I think Aizen pulled an Orochimaru, he transferred his soul into another body and he needs Ichigo's badge to pull out his spiritual form to start implementing his master plan.

Veteran Member Himura Battousai's Avatar
    Im trapped in Kakashis Kamui jutsu with Deidaras arm
    Quote Originally Posted by daz bonez View Post
    topic:theory on the dark haired guy.

hmmmmm,Come to think of it, I bet this explains everything!

of course!!!!
    BAHAHAHAHAHA epic post dude.

He looks like a guy from the movie "Grease" which is kinda gay.

the guy reminds me of Katou from gantz....good god, I hated his self richeousness

whoever he is, he ain't friendly....I can tell just by looking at his "don juan" appearance

Lollipop Candy ♥BAD♥ girl daz bonez's Avatar
    you mean this

so in those 2 weeks break he read gantz????
    no surprise

Quote Originally Posted by xioaxioa View Post
    Fisher Tiger is a punk ass bitch.

-----credit to Maximo for the kick ass ava----

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Phoenix View Post
    It's possible that he is Ichigo's replacement in this story. I know that might seem outlandish but it doesn't seem that Ichigo can do anything possibly significant at this point in the story anymore. I'm sensing something of a Yu-Gi-Oh! switch where the torch was passed to Jaden. Or Record of Lodoss War where Parn the Free Knight was the main character in the original series and for the first half in the sequel. Then the torch was passed to Spark who became the new main character. Something like that would not be unexpected even for a work like Bleach.

It's not uncommon.
    Yes, it's been done before, but in order to pull it off properly, the first main character must disappear out of the storyline either for good or for such a significant portion of the time that the old main character is no longer relevant to the new story arc. Furthermore, there must be something with the new main character that makes it more interesting over the old one. Failure to do so will only produce a "but it's not like character X!". Which to be honest, is the most common result when someone tries to change main character completely, especially without a clever plot device (the perceived main character was in fact somebody else all along or something like that).

The problem in particular is that when a main character remains a main character for such a long time as in Bleach, people really start to root for the main character regardless of it's liked or not. The main character shapes the story. Changing it too suddenly, which it would be in this case, will just act detrimental to the story itself. Simply bad writing. Personally, I really root for and like Ichigo and wouldn't want him to go away. For me, Ichigo IS Bleach. The most annoying and recent example I have when an attempt at switching main character was done (and particuarly so without it being necessary) was the second season of Darker Than Black. Instead of rooting for the new main character, fans of the show just kept longing back to its days when Hei was the main character, and he furthermore kicked so much more ass. He was simply better written and far more interesting, all in all. Furthermore, Hei made an odd cameo in the second season, just strengthening the viewers' wish for a change in narration.

So tl;dr
    If Bleach would switch main character from Ichigo to something else, I'll quit reading without any form of second thought. Bleach without Ichigo is like X-Files without Mulder. It works, but never as good as it was before the change.

By the way, that dude from Gantz, wasn't he the one who was a fucking crybaby although he was supposed to be the one acting all brave?

And great idea of a plot twist there, daz bonez. I find it unlikely though, we need an Aizen break, honestly. I think most of the reason that dude looks like Aizen is because the way he smirks in that particular scene. In the other scene when he is chasing the thief he certainly looks more like Isshin. Plus, he got a somewhat similar hairstyle to Aizen.

EDIT
    Just to actually add a bit on topic (I'm in a Bleach rant atm if somebody noticed, probably because I've been away for weeks ), Mulzen as the other Chaos with an avatar named him, might rather be an independent portion of Aizen. Remember the part where Aizen said that he lost his zanpakuto? That is Mulzen, manifested into a human shape in order to main its existence in the human world in which it was spawned. This doesn't imply that Aizen got no soul, since Aizen IS Aizen's soul, but his soul split in different parts. Since the zanpakuto is the representation of a shinigami's reason to protect and Aizen lost this reason somewhere during his fight with Ichigo, it is therefore merely a part of Aizen can thus be separated. It seems that Aizen may even have consciously wanted to get rid of his zanpakuto for unknown reasons, but it seems odd that one should be able to vanquish specific parts of a soul. Therefore the possible solution is a split, given that the hogukyoku only works within the limits of probability.

Now, what if Aizen's reason to protect is somehow linked to Isshin's past? Now you have a perfect set up to both introduce and flesh out Aizen as a character, as well as Isshin without actually having to do much with the actual Aizen at all, as Aizen's zanpakuto is not Aizen himself. What Aizen's zanpakuto does is thus not strictly related to Aizen in any way, but can serve to introduce Aizen's (necessary) comeback.

Brooding further on my old psychoanalysis, I am also thinking that since Aizen is already a shinigami, he must be subcategorized further beyond being a super-ego. Specifically, I think what I am looking for is "reason". Aizen's zanpakuto acted as his reason, his ability to logically deduce and act, well, what we previously thought was typically Aizen-ish. Why reason? I base this on the idea that Aizen actually went rather insane at the end of the last arc. It was a slow development, but it came to that at some point. After being judged, Aizen still seemed to be pretty much the same, not necessarily acting insane-insane, but at least strongly expressing a feeling of being misunderstood and misjudged, along with a hefty amount of anti-authoritarianism (which is common for a majority of all important Bleach characters). His former self-control seems to be completely gone, as shown when he mocks the judge of his sentence.

Anyway, it makes sense at some level. I might be entirely wrong, but at least it's a theory and a rather thoroughly one
    Last edited by LeaT; 10-31-2010 at 05:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Afro Thunda View Post
    Kinda like Aizen when we first met him, right? And we know how all that turned out, amirite?
    true words

Know his name: Jiraiya Sama of the legendary Sannin
    May he rest in peace and he will be sorely missed, the strongest out of all the three

Well since this is a thread about the new guy and we don't know squat about him i'm gonna make a wild guess and say he's related to Aizen somehow, whether he's his son or brother or something like that.

Que gatito mas leeendo!!! hikonami's Avatar
    aizen wannabe.................... i think he'll attack ichigo's friends or family.....cuz he looks like he is after him....
    Miau, Miau, Miau.....prrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!

Ichigo's mother.

When the Grandfisher ate her, she switched her soul with one of his fake bodies.

Lollipop Candy ♥BAD♥ girl daz bonez's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LeaT View Post
    Yes, it's been done before, but in order to pull it off properly, the first main character must disappear out of the storyline either for good or for such a significant portion of the time that the old main character is no longer relevant to the new story arc. Furthermore, there must be something with the new main character that makes it more interesting over the old one. Failure to do so will only produce a "but it's not like character X!". Which to be honest, is the most common result when someone tries to change main character completely, especially without a clever plot device (the perceived main character was in fact somebody else all along or something like that).

The problem in particular is that when a main character remains a main character for such a long time as in Bleach, people really start to root for the main character regardless of it's liked or not. The main character shapes the story. Changing it too suddenly, which it would be in this case, will just act detrimental to the story itself. Simply bad writing. Personally, I really root for and like Ichigo and wouldn't want him to go away. For me, Ichigo IS Bleach. The most annoying and recent example I have when an attempt at switching main character was done (and particuarly so without it being necessary) was the second season of Darker Than Black. Instead of rooting for the new main character, fans of the show just kept longing back to its days when Hei was the main character, and he furthermore kicked so much more ass. He was simply better written and far more interesting, all in all. Furthermore, Hei made an odd cameo in the second season, just strengthening the viewers' wish for a change in narration.

So tl;dr
    If Bleach would switch main character from Ichigo to something else, I'll quit reading without any form of second thought. Bleach without Ichigo is like X-Files without Mulder. It works, but never as good as it was before the change.

By the way, that dude from Gantz, wasn't he the one who was a fucking crybaby although he was supposed to be the one acting all brave?

And great idea of a plot twist there, daz bonez. I find it unlikely though, we need an Aizen break, honestly. I think most of the reason that dude looks like Aizen is because the way he smirks in that particular scene. In the other scene when he is chasing the thief he certainly looks more like Isshin. Plus, he got a somewhat similar hairstyle to Aizen.

EDIT
    Just to actually add a bit on topic (I'm in a Bleach rant atm if somebody noticed, probably because I've been away for weeks ), Mulzen as the other Chaos with an avatar named him, might rather be an independent portion of Aizen. Remember the part where Aizen said that he lost his zanpakuto? That is Mulzen, manifested into a human shape in order to main its existence in the human world in which it was spawned. This doesn't imply that Aizen got no soul, since Aizen IS Aizen's soul, but his soul split in different parts. Since the zanpakuto is the representation of a shinigami's reason to protect and Aizen lost this reason somewhere during his fight with Ichigo, it is therefore merely a part of Aizen can thus be separated. It seems that Aizen may even have consciously wanted to get rid of his zanpakuto for unknown reasons, but it seems odd that one should be able to vanquish specific parts of a soul. Therefore the possible solution is a split, given that the hogukyoku only works within the limits of probability.

Now, what if Aizen's reason to protect is somehow linked to Isshin's past? Now you have a perfect set up to both introduce and flesh out Aizen as a character, as well as Isshin without actually having to do much with the actual Aizen at all, as Aizen's zanpakuto is not Aizen himself. What Aizen's zanpakuto does is thus not strictly related to Aizen in any way, but can serve to introduce Aizen's (necessary) comeback.

Brooding further on my old psychoanalysis, I am also thinking that since Aizen is already a shinigami, he must be subcategorized further beyond being a super-ego. Specifically, I think what I am looking for is "reason". Aizen's zanpakuto acted as his reason, his ability to logically deduce and act, well, what we previously thought was typically Aizen-ish. Why reason? I base this on the idea that Aizen actually went rather insane at the end of the last arc. It was a slow development, but it came to that at some point. After being judged, Aizen still seemed to be pretty much the same, not necessarily acting insane-insane, but at least strongly expressing a feeling of being misunderstood and misjudged, along with a hefty amount of anti-authoritarianism (which is common for a majority of all important Bleach characters). His former self-control seems to be completely gone, as shown when he mocks the judge of his sentence.

Anyway, it makes sense at some level. I might be entirely wrong, but at least it's a theory and a rather thoroughly one
    0.o so Even not-Aizen is Aizening us.

With Aizen.

Funny how someone joked about Kubo stealing the idea for this guy from Togashi's Sensui. And now we found out he's a lost representative of the Shinigami, which Ichigo is/was. Just like Sensui was the Spirit Detective long before Yusuke.

and Even though my editing skills suck, I lol'd at how well this fit.
    http://img816.imageshack.us/img816/9428/97269367.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by xioaxioa View Post
    Fisher Tiger is a punk ass bitch.

-----credit to Maximo for the kick ass ava----