Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
Results 41 to 44 of 44
  1. #41
    The Wise One shadowfox87's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    1,571
    Quote Originally Posted by Airicks View Post
    Ok smart guy.. no it would not nullify his powers, red star's radiation weakens him over time, its not a instant wammy, hell the time he flown through the star he did so after being surrounded with a planet-sized chunk of kryptonite, theres no such thing as a 'instant nullify' of Supermans powers
    Okay, let us say, that superman maxed charged, is able to fly through the core of a yellow star. The temperature inside the core of a yellow star like the sun is around 14.5 million K. Now, there are many kinds of red stars, red dwarf stars, red giant, and red supergiant. The one in the superman comic was definitely a red giant called Rao since the author himself had stated that its size was vastly larger than the sun. Therefore, it was 100x the size, the core temperature of a Red giant is around 100 million K. In laments terms, that's about 7 times hotter than what superman can take. Even if he was traveling at the speed of light through the core, he would not have his regeneration abilities since his power would be nullified once he reaches the core, he'd be dead before he could come out of it. Now, if it was a red dwarf, sure, but it's not.

    Quote Originally Posted by Airicks View Post
    Ki is what they use to fly/blast&shit, if Vegeta in a unpowered state could destroy a planet then goku (who WAS as strong untill Vegeta went ape, however he was stronger in kao ken) using a similar power of Ki should had been able to move much faster..
    I ask you again, have you watched/read DB? Vegeta was whooping Goku's ass until Goku went Kaioken x3. When Goku arrived on Earth, he said he would only use Kaioken for emergencies and was saving it for Vegeta. He forced himself to use it against Nappa to protect Gohan. That's why he used Nimbus instead to get there. Ki here has nothing to do with it. Also, Vegeta had to POWER not unpower in order to use his Gallick gun.


    Quote Originally Posted by Airicks View Post
    If stars were that close, then gravity wouldn't had allowed planets to form.. like it didn't take them any time(considering its space travel) to reach namek, also it wasn't like Vegeta was Napa were at the closest planet to earth, they stopped off at a planet on the way.
    It's so difficult to read your sentences. Wth are you talking about? The distance between the planet and the star wasn't revealed, how are you to say it was too close or not. You only know how far it was with respect to the Earth. In the real world, the next closest star after the sun is Proxima centauri, which is 4.2 light years away from us. It took them 3 light years to come to Earth from their planet. As for Vegeta and Nappa stopping and taking a break at that planet - that was FILLER! The spaceship used to travel to Namek was of a different design and even faster than the normal saiyan spacepod. Dr. Briefs designed the spaceship so that Goku could train under 100x Earth's gravity. The spaceship was still traveling at the speed of light though, not faster. The higher the gravity, the more bend you put into space. If you bend the space infront of you, then you can reach the destination faster. This is the basics of interstellar travel without breaking the rule of going faster than the speed of light.
    Quote Originally Posted by Airicks View Post
    Ok breathing in space doesn't mean you can automatically live through planets exploding.... he still had one tough ass body, and ok? so he tried to cut Goku while not holding back, meaning the same cuts that cut Freeza in half... and also when Goku blocked the attacks with his finger it looked more like he powered up his whole body.
    I think you need to re-watch/re-read all of DBZ again. I'm tired of re-stating what is already been shown. Freeza himself stated that he would destroy the planet Namek so that he would survive and Goku wouldn't. Both of them can survive the explosion, but Goku cannot breathe in space. This was clearly stated, go back and watch/read it. You also need to re-watch/re-read the part when Goku fights Future Trunks, he puts up his index finger and then an aura surrounds only his index finger.
    Quote Originally Posted by Airicks View Post
    Ok... so yea, I can by the Z fighters would suppress it but how about Cell... he was stronger then a ssj1 yet when he wanted to blow up the planet, instead of using a energy blast he self destructed(which took time), I know he could reform, still why go through the trouble and let yourself be teleported off world.

    Also when Gohan used that super kamehameha it looked like he put everything he had into it, if that were the case he should had at least blown the atmosphere away, or at minimum killed the Ozone lol
    You know nothing about self-destruction. Cell was in his second form, if he tried to blast the Earth, most of the Z-fighters could have blocked/deflected it easily. Cell knew the only thing that would have enough power was self-destruction. Yes, it took lots of time and Gohan could have prevented it, but it was too late. Gohan got over-confident in his SSJ2 state. Once, Cell was already in a bloated-state, you couldn't do anything, it's like if you were to attack a bomb, it would still explode. This is why Gohan was so pissed at himself for not listening to Goku earlier and finishing the fight, instead Goku had to sacrifice his life.
    The ozone covers the entire surface area of the Earth. Gohan's kamehameha blew Cell into 1 small hole of that surface area. The ozone is just made of gasses that can easily re-form if a small tear like that happens.


    This argument is a 1-way battle man. You are asking questions and I am answering all of them. When I ask a question, which has been the same question since the beginning of the thread, your answer is, "I don't have to explain because it was done".
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Currently reading/watching:
    One Piece, Naruto, Shingeki no Kyojin, Kenichi, Hajime No Ippo The Rising, Hunter x Hunter

  2. #42
    Senior Member Airicks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    791
    Obviously Superman would not die if he flew through a red star since he's done it and lived. I can show pics of him living you cannot show pics of him dieing, so what are you talking about 'he would die'?

    I can show evidence of all the Superman feats I've mentioned, so obviously he CAN do it all, seeing as he has been shown to do it. Cry and wine all you like about how 'its not possible, it makes no sense' buts still obviously it is possible for Superman. If you want to prove to me that he can't do something show me a pic of him trying and failing.

    After all it comes down to is what has been shown, nothing else. I can show all of Supermans feats. that alone is enough evidence to say he can do them. If you want to prove that he cannot do the things I have mentioned show pics, show the chapter where he tried and failed. If you can't then why are you still on about this?

    Your argument is that he cannot do what he has done... Yea.. its a real 1-sided argument
    Click to see what RPG personality you are.
    (It's funny because I ALWAYS use a bow if its available in a game lol)

  3. #43
    Senior Member Afro Thunda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Fairfield, CA
    Posts
    6,813
    So after reading through this thread, it's clear to me that the title of this thread should be "Who's stronger: Superman or Goku". So I appeal to the Mods to make this change so. Lol.

    And considering that Superman's had a bunch of different iterations over the years, are we sure we're not comparing the abilities of multiple versions of Superman against a singular Goku? But don't mind me. I wasn't a dedicated reader of the comics.

  4. #44
    The Wise One shadowfox87's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    1,571
    Quote Originally Posted by Airicks View Post
    Obviously Superman would not die if he flew through a red star since he's done it and lived. I can show pics of him living you cannot show pics of him dieing, so what are you talking about 'he would die'?

    I can show evidence of all the Superman feats I've mentioned, so obviously he CAN do it all, seeing as he has been shown to do it. Cry and wine all you like about how 'its not possible, it makes no sense' buts still obviously it is possible for Superman. If you want to prove to me that he can't do something show me a pic of him trying and failing.

    After all it comes down to is what has been shown, nothing else. I can show all of Supermans feats. that alone is enough evidence to say he can do them. If you want to prove that he cannot do the things I have mentioned show pics, show the chapter where he tried and failed. If you can't then why are you still on about this?

    Your argument is that he cannot do what he has done... Yea.. its a real 1-sided argument
    So after all of those questions and answers proving each one of your assertions wrong, you come back to, "It's been done, so I'm right". You don't care if it makes sense or not. So, for you, Gubo wins. I don't have the patience to argue with someone who doesn't care for logic. I am done with this thread unless anyone wants to introduce another character.

    Quote Originally Posted by Afro Thunda View Post
    So after reading through this thread, it's clear to me that the title of this thread should be "Who's stronger: Superman or Goku". So I appeal to the Mods to make this change so. Lol.

    And considering that Superman's had a bunch of different iterations over the years, are we sure we're not comparing the abilities of multiple versions of Superman against a singular Goku? But don't mind me. I wasn't a dedicated reader of the comics.
    Haha that's one of the problems, Superman's got so many different versions. The original author made him correctly and then some other authors screwed him up and created illogical versions. Superman+no kryptonite weakness+green lantern ring+power suit is fine with me, but not the bullshit like superman can hold black holes and fly through red stars crap. That's why, I have to go with the version that makes sense.
    Last edited by shadowfox87; 10-29-2010 at 04:21 AM.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Currently reading/watching:
    One Piece, Naruto, Shingeki no Kyojin, Kenichi, Hajime No Ippo The Rising, Hunter x Hunter

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •