Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 44
  1. #21
    The Wise One shadowfox87's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    1,571
    Quote Originally Posted by Airicks View Post
    You can't use real world physics on manga/comics... It doesn't matter if we're talking about superman/goku or any of the countless others.

    When comparing characters you should only assume the universe they are in does not hinder their full abilities, or whats the point in comparing, meaning in DC universe superman CAN do all of that, it doesn't matter what he can/can't do in our own.
    Same with Goku.. in DBZ universe he can destroy planets with a power (ki) that has never been shown exist in our universe.
    You're still not understanding and sticking to the same argument. It's not about comparing to the physics of our world, but making sense out of what is happening in the author's worlds. Every point you have criticized in terms of not making sense in DBZ, I have provided you with an explanation. Not once have you explained to me why Superman can hold a black hole nor his super-power sneezing nor his speed.

    Tell you what, I'm making a new manga right now, main characters name is Gubo and he's omnipotent, omniscient, and omnipresent. It's no fun if you can just pull super-powers out of your ass without an explanation. In your first post, you said Gurren Lagann doesn't count, my question to you is why NOT? You say, "what's the point of comparing"? How can you compare something if you don't have a common ground? You keep saying, "you can't do this or that...bla bla", use logic and tell me why.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Currently reading/watching:
    One Piece, Naruto, Shingeki no Kyojin, Kenichi, Hajime No Ippo The Rising, Hunter x Hunter

  2. #22
    Senior Member cross777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    10,776
    Quote Originally Posted by Airicks View Post
    *facepalms*
    Your argument is only that Superman does things that are impossible in real life, thus by extension Goku wins(as if any organic organism could dematerialize into light or energy). Your also not trying to prove any of Goku's powers just saying its possible because they can't be disproven(as with the existence of Ki).

    The fact is given the feats the 2 hero's have accomplished Superman over powers Goku.

    And Cross777 you must not know much about Superman, at least shadowfox isn't trying to debate who's done grander things, he's just saying Superman 'can't' do the things he has done because of the laws of physics.

    But like I said... the real life laws of physics don't matter in comic books.
    Going by accomplishments Superman>Goku
    dont insult me i grew up with the man of steel i know plenty of superman, and it does not matter about accomplishments goku kills superman plain and simple.
    Quote Originally Posted by arisart View Post
    Lol, I bet you argue too much with cross. It's not really healthy you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Death View Post
    Hey stick to the topic, quit asking nonsense question about other series or if cross777 is thunder luffy which by the way have different IP addresses.... Next person that goes off topic will be infracted...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  3. #23
    Senior Member Airicks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    791
    @shadowfox It doesn't have to be explained and I doubt you could explain it seeing all these powers are supernatural, however it doesn't change the fact the official DC writer made it so Superman could do those things. You can not just write off what the author says just because you don't understand how it works...

    You cannot explain in any detail anything supernatural these guys do, like please explain to me in full detail what Ki is and how it works, and what allows it to work, don't say 'oh training makes it work' I mean on a scientific level.
    Also please explain to me in full detail how human sized monkey men turn into Kong sized gorillas, don't just say expanding tissue, I mean what in their DNA allows them to do this, and what mechanism does it use.
    And do tell exactly how Goku can dematerialize into energy and then reconfigure himself in a far off place, what is the mechanism in his body that lets him do this?

    I could say, Well Superman spent his whole life on earth and has been adsorbing radiation all this time, since he's like a battery after all these years of charging his body may had changed on the level that he is, after all he's the first kryptonian to ever be raised under a yellow star for their whole lives.
    -However this is the type of explanation you give me, just a round about way without going into detail, it makes sense on the level that radiation certainly changes people (for the bad lol) and we don't know what it could do to a alien thats been powered by it their entire lives, maybe, its changed superman to the point he can do all these things.

    @Cross777 lol ok fanboy, sorry to insult that great point of view (it does not matter about accomplishments (superman as done), goku kills superman plain and simple.)

    I see no holes or bias there =.=
    Click to see what RPG personality you are.
    (It's funny because I ALWAYS use a bow if its available in a game lol)

  4. #24
    The Wise One shadowfox87's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    1,571
    Quote Originally Posted by Airicks View Post
    @shadowfox It doesn't have to be explained and I doubt you could explain it seeing all these powers are supernatural, however it doesn't change the fact the official DC writer made it so Superman could do those things. You can not just write off what the author says just because you don't understand how it works...

    You cannot explain in any detail anything supernatural these guys do, like please explain to me in full detail what Ki is and how it works, and what allows it to work, don't say 'oh training makes it work' I mean on a scientific level.
    Also please explain to me in full detail how human sized monkey men turn into Kong sized gorillas, don't just say expanding tissue, I mean what in their DNA allows them to do this, and what mechanism does it use.
    And do tell exactly how Goku can dematerialize into energy and then reconfigure himself in a far off place, what is the mechanism in his body that lets him do this?

    I could say, Well Superman spent his whole life on earth and has been adsorbing radiation all this time, since he's like a battery after all these years of charging his body may had changed on the level that he is, after all he's the first kryptonian to ever be raised under a yellow star for their whole lives.
    -However this is the type of explanation you give me, just a round about way without going into detail, it makes sense on the level that radiation certainly changes people (for the bad lol) and we don't know what it could do to a alien thats been powered by it their entire lives, maybe, its changed superman to the point he can do all these things.

    @Cross777 lol ok fanboy, sorry to insult that great point of view (it does not matter about accomplishments (superman as done), goku kills superman plain and simple.)

    I see no holes or bias there =.=
    LOL, buddy, the fact that you can't explain ANYTHING is the problem here. "It doesn't have to be explained" - this quote will get you killed in engineering, I suggest you don't go into this field. I've already explained all of those things to you in a lot of detail. It's not my fault if you can't understand it. I doubt you could even explain any of the stuff I did. You probably have learned from me much more than you have just watching the anime. I don't watch anime with a brainless mind and I don't watch anime that have authors who don't set rules for their worlds.

    Ki, Reiatsu, Chakra, Haki, Aura, etc. have been used in almost every anime, it's a denotion of spirit energy. I also don't recall saying that training makes it work, but that training further develops it. For a manga fan like you to be asking me a question about Ki is just proof that you have lost this pointless debate and have run out of things to say. Next, stop calling it "gorilla" and use the correct terminology, Oozaru. I also don't recall saying "expanding tissue" - that was your failed explanation. I've already explained it to you on a cellular level, but I'll give you a little bit more detail since you obviously need some. The saiyan tail has photosynthetic cells, much like plants do for absorbing light, however, these cells are specific to a certain wavelength that is emitted by moonlight called brute rays. Then photochemical centers transduce this light into energy for processes needed by the cell. What in their DNA allows them to do this? Are you still in high school? If you're interested in development, then take an embryology course. Cells that absorb light such as photosynthetic cells and photoreceptors originate from neural crest cells that differentiate. DNA codes for various types of proteins responsible for various functions, one of which is enzymes. Enzymes facilitate reactions that further induce differentiation. The cells then use the energy for their own metabolism, in which case, can also increase the rate of mitosis (already explained). I could go into even more detail, but I doubt you would understand it unless you know the basics of embryology. Though, if you did, you wouldn't be asking me silly questions like this.

    As for dematerization into energy, you're gonna have to ask the Yardrats that. I'm happy with the fact that I know that all organisms are composed of energy and if you can disassemble something, you can re-assemble it, taking into consideration you have not lost the information of the organization of the particles or the particles themselves.

    Nice try at the superman explanation, but again you fail. Every battery has a limit. Also, "adsorbing" and "absorbing" are two different things, make sure you know the difference. The maximum power Superman can absorb is the power of a yellow star, in which case, if he absorbs all of it, Earth will have no heat, so it would be kind of stupid.

    You're still not getting the point or you've gotten the point, but you want to continue to argue like a little child. This has become a one-way battle - you the student and me, the teacher. Go to school man, the manga forum is not a form of home-schooling.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Currently reading/watching:
    One Piece, Naruto, Shingeki no Kyojin, Kenichi, Hajime No Ippo The Rising, Hunter x Hunter

  5. #25
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,151
    Just give up ricks, he said he's a fanboy so he'll be biased and from the post its very biased. You two have been at it for 3 pages and have gotten nowhere, manga/comic=/=logic. So whatever the manga or comic says goes, laws of physics are out the window.
    Hey baby, wanna take a gander at some Adam West penis?

  6. #26
    Senior Member Airicks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    791
    Buddy... your missing the point.. ITS A COMIC you don't need an explanation.. or does it need to make sense. It still happened in the comic and you can't write it off as it not being able to happen, and then by some extension it never happened.

    Your whole thing is this... Can't explain Supermans powers=they cant happen=Goku wins

    Then you give a few paragraphs of quasi scientific jargon that can't be proven or shown in order to explain Goku's powers, then say 'well thats why it happens, i win'. When the fact is you don't know how it works, no one does, nor can they, because its not real.. You even admit it with saying 'ask the Yardrats', yea letme call one of the up...
    1 sec, wait? they don't exist? oh dang..

    Also, man get off your high horse, we aren't talking about real world, so stop fishing for insults, you don't know what I do for a living or anything about me, and you can't seem to make the difference of manga/comic to real world this is why its hard for you to understand even if things can't be explained it doesn't matter since they happened in the universe of the character, However by some weird extension you can all the extraordinary claims on your preferred hero, even without any evidence other then 'oh this sounds good therefore it explains it!'.

    You are right about one thing, this discussion has been over for awhile, in fact, it was over with my first post on Supermans powers since he obviously is more powerful then Goku, explainable or not he's done things that far outweigh any accomplishment made by Goku, like it or not your personal taste on the writers doesn't matter. the fact is the official writers made it happen, and you can't say it can't happen in their universe.
    Click to see what RPG personality you are.
    (It's funny because I ALWAYS use a bow if its available in a game lol)

  7. #27
    The Wise One shadowfox87's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    1,571
    Quote Originally Posted by Airicks View Post
    Buddy... your missing the point.. ITS A COMIC you don't need an explanation.. or does it need to make sense. It still happened in the comic and you can't write it off as it not being able to happen, and then by some extension it never happened.

    Your whole thing is this... Can't explain Supermans powers=they cant happen=Goku wins

    Then you give a few paragraphs of quasi scientific jargon that can't be proven or shown in order to explain Goku's powers, then say 'well thats why it happens, i win'. When the fact is you don't know how it works, no one does, nor can they, because its not real.. You even admit it with saying 'ask the Yardrats', yea letme call one of the up...
    1 sec, wait? they don't exist? oh dang..

    Also, man get off your high horse, we aren't talking about real world, so stop fishing for insults, you don't know what I do for a living or anything about me, and you can't seem to make the difference of manga/comic to real world this is why its hard for you to understand even if things can't be explained it doesn't matter since they happened in the universe of the character, However by some weird extension you can all the extraordinary claims on your preferred hero, even without any evidence other then 'oh this sounds good therefore it explains it!'.

    You are right about one thing, this discussion has been over for awhile, in fact, it was over with my first post on Supermans powers since he obviously is more powerful then Goku, explainable or not he's done things that far outweigh any accomplishment made by Goku, like it or not your personal taste on the writers doesn't matter. the fact is the official writers made it happen, and you can't say it can't happen in their universe.
    Yep, you're right, so by your logic, Gubo wins. Who cares about explanation. I challenge you to prove any of that "quasi scientific jargon" wrong. Also, you said that nothing can be explained, so that should go for Goku as well right? Then why does Goku win? I don't remember any extraordinary claims for Goku. Actually, I have not mentioned even 1 feat of Goku's. If I wanted, I can even argue for superman and provide proof for all of his "reasonable" powers, but I'm 100% sure you can't. Do you see me asking stupid questions like how can superman absorb sunlight? or How can superman fly, have heat vision, have x-ray vision, cold breath, super strength, etc.? No! All of those things make sense and the author has provided explanations for each. However, the feats that you are using to say Superman is stronger are illogical feats and if the authors were here, they themselves would agree to that. I am waiting for you to say something in DBZ that disobeys the law of physics, I know of a great example, but it seems like you don't like physics. Fanboy, favoritism, bias, etc. has nothing to do with it. I've provided you with facts and you reply with opinions and assumptions. Forget Superman prime or SSJ4 Gogeta or Presence or One-Above-All because Gubo wins, he's everywhere and everyone. Yay for Gubo!

    Just give up ricks, he said he's a fanboy so he'll be biased and from the post its very biased. You two have been at it for 3 pages and have gotten nowhere, manga/comic=/=logic. So whatever the manga or comic says goes, laws of physics are out the window.
    It's != btw. You guys should make good friends with the KKK clan, they share your same views about logic.
    Last edited by shadowfox87; 10-27-2010 at 12:45 AM.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Currently reading/watching:
    One Piece, Naruto, Shingeki no Kyojin, Kenichi, Hajime No Ippo The Rising, Hunter x Hunter

  8. #28
    pirate hunter arisart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    land of the rising sun
    Posts
    2,576
    Quote Originally Posted by SCarred Luffy Lvl:Z View Post
    Street level -- easily THE HULK
    No matter who he fights , they'll just keep making him angrier until he becomes capable of shattering planets. not to mention that because of his uniqueness magic doesn't work on him properly and with Bruce banner's mental training won't get mind controlled either.
    Galactic level - I guess goku
    He might need to do instant transmissions like crazy to keep up with superman but 1 of those dragon fist punches(forgot what they're called) and he'd rip right through Superman's chest.
    Lol, then if he does that wouldn't he be disqualified as a street level fighter? He should be fighting superman etc by then.

    I knew it this would become "who's stronger superman or goku thread". They're the two most obvious choice anyway.

    I'll go with Goku here.

    Feat wise, as Ailricks has stated (not really familiar with comics, I just watch the animated series) it looks like Superman has the edge but Superman still has one small weakness that Goku doesn't.

    So if we simulate a fight between the two, Goku could just use his instant transmission to find himself a kryptonite go back and slap superman's face with it.

    sig made by me

  9. #29
    Senior Member Airicks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    791
    Yes because I don't see the need to explain how things happen in Comics/Manga I would would make great friends with guys in the Ku Klux Klan, or as you would say the Ku Klux Klan Clan.

    And you haven't given a single fact, all you've given are excuses and assumptions that can't be proven or tested. I will say you should chill, seems like every comment you make is a little more insulting (if your running out of things to say I understand) and its really not that serious.

    @arlsart lol I agree that Superman vs Goku are the 2 most obvious, I was hoping to get more DC/Marvel guys post on this thread since really, aside from Goku, manga really doesn't step foot in characters of that power level.

    However in terms of beating Superman there are several people who would at least put up a fight (I don't think Goku could beat him, but I'm sure it wouldn't be like a 5second fight), a few of them would be like Thanos, Silver Surfer, Sentry(but he's crazy, and not in the good way), Thor, Martian Manhunter, Captain Atom, Black Bolt.

    If comics aren't your thing then its cool, I was hoping to pull out some comic guys though lol

    ::Edit::
    Just because there's so much DB talk, did you guys here that the DB manga will be having new ones come out? and yes its going to be from the original author Akira Toriyama, He also said he didn't consider GT in the story line so it'll pick up after Bu i guess
    Last edited by Airicks; 10-27-2010 at 04:43 AM.
    Click to see what RPG personality you are.
    (It's funny because I ALWAYS use a bow if its available in a game lol)

  10. #30
    Senior Member cross777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    10,776
    Quote Originally Posted by MrFry View Post
    Just give up ricks, he said he's a fanboy so he'll be biased and from the post its very biased. You two have been at it for 3 pages and have gotten nowhere, manga/comic=/=logic. So whatever the manga or comic says goes, laws of physics are out the window.
    its like hal and mihawk
    OMG i have a great idea lets get hal in hear and have him debat super man VS mihawk LOL battle of the fan boys LOL
    you just can not get through to people
    goku pawns all that just like a law of physics or something LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by arisart View Post
    Lol, I bet you argue too much with cross. It's not really healthy you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Death View Post
    Hey stick to the topic, quit asking nonsense question about other series or if cross777 is thunder luffy which by the way have different IP addresses.... Next person that goes off topic will be infracted...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •