Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Hollows?

Quote Originally Posted by luimac View Post
    well, a natural arrancar is like a vizard... they were shimigami that tapped into the hollow power naturaly and were expelled from SS for it. I imagine there must be some cases with hollows as well.
    I don't think Hollows can naturally tap into shinigami power. Though they are what they eat so maybe if they consume shinigami they gain their power.

We know that a hollow must remove it's mask to become an arrancar...however to be able to not be destroyed (as the mask protects their soul from corrupting) they may have to consume shinigami (pure speculation).

That brings me to another question... What the hell are shinigami powers? I don't think that shinigami have ANY inherit powers except for a unique Zanpakutou, which the Arrancar most certainly do NOT possess.

Colonel of SOS Brigade Kushieda's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 12LetterName View Post
    That brings me to another question... What the hell are shinigami powers? I don't think that shinigami have ANY inherit powers except for a unique Zanpakutou, which the Arrancar most certainly do NOT possess.
    kido and soul burial would be the only other things.

Index by sangaz - All Hail Suzumiya-dono

Quote Originally Posted by Narhbos View Post
    Well... I guess so since anyone who dies in the Bleach Universe either becomes a plusse or a minus. But only the strong and exceptional get to become Captains or part of the Espada.

So why do you want an Arrancar to be in their released state 24/7?... I'm happy Kubo decided to give them a compacted form, I mean they'll look weird walking around/executing missions in their bulky/massive released states all the time.
    but thats what would differenciate them from being shinigami, its like everything is becoming burred with all these cross-breeds of people, I think they look really cool all human and sword wielding but I think they look cooler released and isn't it their natural state too?
    A pie in the sky?

Yes there seems to be a leap there that isn't quite explained, going from soul society resident with some power to shinigami with a nice shiny sword...

my understanding was that the zanpakuto was a part of the persons soul and as such everyone had a unique zanpakuto, and maybe with the kimono's too since everyone has one in SS
    A pie in the sky?

OK let me take a stab at a couple of things.

1) Shinigami Powers = a soul strong enough that with proper training (in some cases this is natural talent where training is not needed) can develop a deeper portion of their soul awakening something akin to native american spirit animal (the zanpakutou) and utilize its powers and abilities until the soul reaches a tandem harmony achieving bankai.

2) Hollows = Now using Ichigo as a control (since we are not privy to the interaction of anyone else and the facets of the soul) We have seen that the Zanpakutou and the hollow aspect of the soul are one and the same (Hichigo & Zangetsu). So when a soul "hollows out" that power/animal unchecked by the souls psyche takes control. This is the formation of the mask.

As a side note when the mask is destroyed by a zanpakutou the soul reverts to a plus and is sent to SS which would mean the mask is the focal point of a hollows power much like a zanpakutou. Which in turn would mean that the process of becoming a vizard intail isolating that hollow aspect from the zanpakutou inorder to utilize its powers (the mask).

3) Menos = Now in regards to the formation of the menos the chapter with GJ's flashback
    directly states that

By nolifeking1331

so they do eat each other and in doing so transform. Now the strongest will of one of those hollows can become dominant but must continue eating others of equal or greater power level or the consciousness is lost to the "hive mind". Now just like regular hollows that eat shinigami and become more powerful the greater the power level of a menos' feast the more power they gain.

At anytime from conscious gillian to vastro lord can the mask be broken and an arrancar can be formed. but if so then power evolution stops. Since the soul become intertwined with the "animal" there is no separation like a shinigami so the aspects of the hollow become condensed into a sword form similar to a zanpakutou since it is practically and incomplete zanpakutou. Basicly the two are very closely related but crossing that +/- dominion of the soul is difficult (unless you are ichigo who benefits from centuries of urahara's research.)

This is the point I believe the hunger goes away as by shattering the mask the psyche is regaining some level of control. This is solidified by Nell who proves that Hollow does not a evil person make. Once the mask is broken the "animal" is in check and the psyche is allowed to make educated choices. Now Most are already so twisted by their previous experiences as hollows that Violence and evil is par, but Nell shows that it is not a must.

4)It seems the Orb simply acts as an amplifier for the change.

wow ok so i'm gonna sleep now. you guys chew on that for a while and when I wake up Ill reread it and see how much is just late night (4-5 A.M.) rambling.

Quote Originally Posted by jja View Post
    kido and soul burial would be the only other things.
    Kidou is a art which is learnt and soul brurial comes with Zanpakutou.

Nice work NoLifeKing1331, those speculations are very good and very much plausible.

Quote Originally Posted by Shock View Post
    but thats what would differenciate them from being shinigami, its like everything is becoming burred with all these cross-breeds of people, I think they look really cool all human and sword wielding but I think they look cooler released and isn't it their natural state too?
    I'm guessing the main focus will be Ichigo trying to achieve a perfect hybrid between plusse (Shinigami) & minus (Hollow) powers. Why else would they introduce soo many possible cross-breeds rite?

Ohoho I LOVE their released forms, it's very cool! Something totally different from Shinigamis and to rival their Bankais with. But I'm looking forward to both and each Shinigami and Arrancar releases, the surprises Kubo cn come up with sometimes is what make Bleach worth following.

Quote Originally Posted by NoLifeKing1331 View Post
    At anytime from conscious gillian to vastro lord can the mask be broken and an arrancar can be formed. but if so then power evolution stops. Since the soul become intertwined with the "animal" there is no separation like a shinigami so the aspects of the hollow become condensed into a sword form similar to a zanpakutou since it is practically and incomplete zanpakutou. Basicly the two are very closely related but crossing that +/- dominion of the soul is difficult (unless you are ichigo who benefits from centuries of urahara's research.)

This is the point I believe the hunger goes away as by shattering the mask the psyche is regaining some level of control. This is solidified by Nell who proves that Hollow does not a evil person make. Once the mask is broken the "animal" is in check and the psyche is allowed to make educated choices. Now Most are already so twisted by their previous experiences as hollows that Violence and evil is par, but Nell shows that it is not a must.
    I love this theory of yours. Intertwined souls allowing the Arrancar to stabilised as compared to their separated version in their Hollow form. It greatly helps in explaining how natural Arrancars could come about and how Hougyoku simply 'fast-forwards' the change. You noted another excellent point btw. It's interesting that there are actually GOOD Arrancars in existence (e.g. Nell and gang).. I can't really understand that part... perhaps it's wrong to take them as evil and we should view them as animals? since there's nothing wrong with the need for survival yes?

KINGS-Of-A-Kind; The Baboon & The Panther

Colonel of SOS Brigade Kushieda's Avatar
    Kidou is a art which is learnt and soul brurial comes with Zanpakutou.
    My point was that only the Shinigami Zanpakto can preform soul burial, not the arancars, hence it's a shinigami only power.

As far as kidou goes, I believe that Rukia stated only shinigami can use it way back in the first or second chapter. We still haven't seen arrancar capable of using anything more than Cero derived "magical" attacks.

Thus kidou and soul burial are shinigami only powers

Index by sangaz - All Hail Suzumiya-dono