Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hybrid View

Ace vs Blackbeard

So, in the latest and awesome episode 325 we finally saw the fight between ace and blackbeard, and in the end of the episode I was surprised to hear the narrator saying

"The fight between those to pirates will be remembered as a trigger to a big event that has yet to come".

I don't really remember reading this in the manga but I think it was there. So, what do you guys think this big event is? Could it be the new age they keep talking about?

(ok now i don't know if its new age or new world but you know what i'm talking about )

Quote Originally Posted by Kron View Post
    So, in the latest and awesome episode 325 we finally saw the fight between ace and blackbeard, and in the end of the episode I was surprised to hear the narrator saying

"The fight between those to pirates will be remembered as a trigger to a big event that has yet to come".

I don't really remember reading this in the manga but I think it was there. So, what do you guys think this big event is? Could it be the new age they keep talking about?

(ok now i don't know if its new age or new world but you know what i'm talking about )
    It's probably some event involving white beard..
    You know, it made me think "There's an big fight coming up" or something like that
    Spoiler!

The Irish Cougar MountainLionLink's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kron View Post

Quote Originally Posted by dullmeaster View Post
    It's probably some event involving white beard..
    You know, it made me think "There's an big fight coming up" or something like that
    Mainly a lot of fans believe that this trigger could be either Luffy's or Whitebeard's revenge on Blackbeard for attacking and possibly killing Ace.

In a logical sense, if Blackbeard captured Ace alive and then turned him over to the government. Blackbeard could easily have the Shichibukai position that Crocodile lost.
    HALO
    It's just the Metroid series remade for the Xbox crowd.
    However Samus Aran is now some unknown low ranking military personal.
    Also the space pirates worship some giant doomsday hula hoop machine.

Currently Reading
    Karakuri Circus, Mx0, Red River, Rosario+Vampire, One Piece

Nintendo Wii Friend's number

That would make sense
    Spoiler!

That's an interesting thought. Since Enies Lobby has been destroyed by the Buster Call, Impel Down's inaccessible at the moment. I'm assuming that if Kurohige did in fact turn Ace over to the Marines, then they would lock him up in a place fitting of a Yonkou's 2nd Division Lieutenant. My guess is that if this happened, then the "big event" could be a collaboration between the Mugiwara Pirates and Shirohige's fleet in trying to set Ace free from the Marines. After all, if word gets out that Ace is alive and in enemy hands, Whitebeard will certainly want his subordinate back, and Luffy will go to whatever means necessary to free his brother. Add in an Admiral that will oversee this project and a Shichibukai that will help with the transport, and you have the makings of one hell of an event. That's something I would definitely love to see, the "Rescue Ace Arc"...
    Simplicity is of its own grandeur...

It was (see attachment).

I'm also going with ace being turned into the world government, since Oda doesn't like killing characters, and ace winning the battle wouldn't be good story telling.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by blud View Post
    I'm also going with ace being turned into the world government, since Oda doesn't like killing characters, and ace winning the battle wouldn't be good story telling.
    As much as Ace is my boy, he came in totally unprepared for that fight (as would any complacent Logia user against a Devil Fruit anomaly). Kurohige is just not a good match-up for him because being a Logia type made him emphasize on his artificial abilities more over his natural strengths. I mean, if I can turn into fire at will, why would I need to be buff and work out? Any fight with Blackbeard becomes a fight of pure strength, and whoever has more will be the victor (unless you can completely avoid his Black Vortex and fight from long-range). Ace is not as physically strong as Luffy, and I might even have to credit most of Luffy's strength to natural body-building, and not because of the fruit. But I digress. Check out my earlier response at this thread, since I theorized as to what that "big event" might be. I mean, if Oda gave a foreword to an upcoming event, it's probably gonna be on the scale of the Water 7 + Enies Lobby arcs, or bigger...

Quote Originally Posted by StrataRazor View Post
    As much as Ace is my boy, he came in totally unprepared for that fight (as would any complacent Logia user against a Devil Fruit anomaly). Kurohige is just not a good match-up for him because being a Logia type made him emphasize on his artificial abilities more over his natural strengths. I mean, if I can turn into fire at will, why would I need to be buff and work out? Any fight with Blackbeard becomes a fight of pure strength, and whoever has more will be the victor (unless you can completely avoid his Black Vortex and fight from long-range). Ace is not as physically strong as Luffy, and I might even have to credit most of Luffy's strength to natural body-building, and not because of the fruit. But I digress. Check out my earlier response at this thread, since I theorized as to what that "big event" might be. I mean, if Oda gave a foreword to an upcoming event, it's probably gonna be on the scale of the Water 7 + Enies Lobby arcs, or bigger...
    Cant agree with the "ace is not as strong as Luffy" part. Even Luffy said that he was never able to beat Ace in a fight. Luffy being rubber and ace not a logia. And we are talking Luffy was 15 when ace left.
    I agree with the part of the big event being a rescue for Ace in the future cause im 100% that he is not dead. If Falco didnt die on Alabasta arc with that bomb, no way a character soooo popular like Ace is killed on a fist fight.

Quote Originally Posted by luimac View Post
    Cant agree with the "ace is not as strong as Luffy" part. Even Luffy said that he was never able to beat Ace in a fight. Luffy being rubber and ace not a logia. And we are talking Luffy was 15 when ace left.
    Agreed, but details of that fight were never really given. Did Ace beat him through his own physical prowess, or did he outsmart Luffy to get around the fruit's powers? Winning a fight isn't necessarily on strength alone, and I'm almost betting that a Luffy at age 15 isn't really the sharpest tool in the shed. Nonetheless, you bring up a good argument.

Another point for my theory is that most Logia users do indeed get complacent about their artificial abilities. In Ace's fight, about how many hits did he take from Kurohige? Let's give him the benefit of the doubt and say that he took 10 punches/judo chops before unleashing his Entei attack (I don't think the manga/anime showed him taking more than that). Blackbeard does not have any super-enhanced strength. He is just naturally strong. The level can't be determined yet, since he hasn't fought anybody with significant physical strength. But Ace was so wiped out after 10 hits that he had to whip out his arguably strongest move. Meanwhile, if you look at the fight between Luffy and Rob Lucci, Luffy was taking everything that Lucci was throwing at him, and getting back up for more. Luffy's pliability (thanks for his Devil Fruit) is countered by Lucci's amplified Rokushiki strength, so if you wanna look at it another way, it would be like Ace's strength going up against Blackbeard's higher-level strength. Near the end of their fight, Luffy was able to take a couple of Rokuougan (strongest Rokushiki technique)and still get up (he wasn't in Gear 2 on all of those hits, although this can be debated). But Luffy managed to get up, and still muster enough strength for his Jet Gatling technique, and have that move overpower Lucci's Tekkai. This shows that Luffy has been building up his own physical strength, far moreso than Ace. Luffy doesn't always rely on his powers, he just feels good being able to fall back on it in his training. Ace didn't feel the need to enhance his own physical strength because he didn't think that a Devil Fruit would actually grant its owner the power to negate powers. This is why I believe that Ace is physically weaker than Luffy. Can Luffy eat a Hiken? Now that's a different story...lol

look ace will easily shave backbeards "beards"..,

--
    don't worry be puppy..,