• im not sure

3 42.86%
  • i dont think so

1 14.29%
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    am Start

Little theory: Layla Heartfilia and the missing Dragons

Hey boys :p

the last days, i watched some anime episodes and noticed something, that could be interesting.

most of us should know, that Igneel, Metalicana and even Wendy's Grandine disappeared on July-7-777.

the tombstone of Layla Heartfilia says, that she died on ?-?-777.
    anime:
    Spoiler!

manga:
    Spoiler!

now here is my idea:

could it be, that Layla herself is responsible or at least involved in disappearance of the dragons?

some facts that would strengthen my theory

1. nobody knows how Layla died
    2. lucy is a talented mage. she could have some nice genes from her mother
    2.1 lucys father is out of question :p

Just imagine, that Layla left her home on the year 777 and made everyone think, that she died instead. (its not that hard if you are a proper mage)

After that,on the one hand, she could have collected the dragons like goku did it with the dragonballs to abuse them (if she is an evil character)

on the other hand, the dragons could have followed her voluntarily to do something that would benefit something positive (if she is a good character^_^)

what do you think about it?
    is it possible?
    Last edited by Harrt; 10-09-2010 at 08:39 AM.
    Wenn ich nicht hier bin, bin ich aufm Sonnendeck...

Interesting. Good find. Was that tombstone in the manga?

am Start
    Quote Originally Posted by kuroihikari View Post
    Interesting. Good find. Was that tombstone in the manga?
    yes, it was
    i will attach it into my first post
    Wenn ich nicht hier bin, bin ich aufm Sonnendeck...

too many angles on this one..im not sure..she could also be, like the dragons, a victim. but this is also a good angle to look into.

"whoaaaaa"

nuff said.

*Warning Rave Manga Spoilers*

If you read Rave this was already kind a obvious, Lucy and Natsu stories start out very similar to Elie and Haru's from Rave. In the end when Elie got her memories back, they found out her mother had her same power and sacrificed herself years before to save the world. And Supposedly Elie was heading for the same destiny but Haru changed it.

When I first read FT I saw so many similarities to Rave coming across the tombstone I was like meh. So yeah it's not going to surprise me if Lucy's mom was involved with the Dragon's disappearing. But this time Mashima has a lot more plot to play around with Zeref,Ultear and hades, Dark Guilds, regular guilds and so on.

Well still was good you posted this for the ones who didn't read Rave. I just hope this doesn't give birth to theory threads that have no chance in hell of happening.
    Last edited by FenixMarco; 10-10-2010 at 05:50 PM.

Veteran Member
    Arent those Rave master spoilers FM...
    Rave masters spoilers inside:
    Spoiler!

I thought you always liked shooting down cross' theories... This could become like a goldmine for you! :-p

And yeah, it could be that they are connected.. Layla might have been a mage, and that could be why lucy's father was against her being one.. He doesnt want his daughter to disappear/die like his wife did.. We dont know enough info to really say much about it, yet..

Is there any information on if Layla was ever an orphan? If she was an orphan.. *cough*dragonslayer*cough* (I had to come up with one.. just for you FM )

Put up a warning for the Rave manga spoilers, even though I said it as vague as I possibly could to just point out the similarities.

Lucy's celestial Magic been referenced in the manga to be something much more, can't remember what arc it was. But it was so obvious it's going to have more of a plot then just summoning celestial spirits. More than likely Lucy's Mom probably was a Celestial Mage too and w/e the f!ck the connection with that and her and the Dragons unfolds. This will lead to Lucy more character development blah blah as she figures out what to do or how to take in w/e information is thrown at us and her. Well since I can't remember where I got this crap from to rant off with, I'll stop for now and bring it up later if I ever do reread Fairy Tail.

I do not enjoy shooting down Cross Theories, they give birth to more idiotic posts. Given a bad aura that anything dumb can be clearly discuss, which is false majority of members do not want to wade through the threads reading any shit thrown at the wall. All I ask for just think before you post instead of spamming nonsensical ideas or at least state it right.... for the most part we all know the differences of general opinions of what we each think, enjoy or dislike from the difference of what is just complete retardation(new word I think?). Well regardless that's were I come in, either be a source of entertainment or annoyance for the most part.

There is a difference from what's a good theory and whats just ...No.....

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Shepherd View Post
    Arent those Rave master spoilers FM...
    Rave masters spoilers inside:
    Spoiler!

I thought you always liked shooting down cross' theories... This could become like a goldmine for you! :-p

And yeah, it could be that they are connected.. Layla might have been a mage, and that could be why lucy's father was against her being one.. He doesnt want his daughter to disappear/die like his wife did.. We dont know enough info to really say much about it, yet..

Is there any information on if Layla was ever an orphan? If she was an orphan.. *cough*dragonslayer*cough* (I had to come up with one.. just for you FM )
    when did come in to this, i had nothing to do with this one. i do not see why it matters really and do not see y it needs a thread to be honest.

in self defense most of my theories are at the very least have some plausibility and i claim if there just fan fiction or un likely or just a gut feeling with no proof. just cuz im not right a lot does not mean i am stupid

now on this theory i again say i dont know and personally dont really care or see y it matters in the story. there might be a connection or just a planned coincidence by the writer. either way i do not see it being a real big issue any way.
    Quote Originally Posted by arisart View Post
    Lol, I bet you argue too much with cross. It's not really healthy you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Death View Post
    Hey stick to the topic, quit asking nonsense question about other series or if cross777 is thunder luffy which by the way have different IP addresses.... Next person that goes off topic will be infracted...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Veteran Member
    Her celestial magic is different? I thought it was that she was different as a celestial mage.. Because she tries to befriend her summons and isnt rude to them like other mages are. But its not a bad theory if she really has different celestial magic.. Although, we just know so little about it that its more like an idea than a theory.. Or just a plain guess..

And i brought you up cross because FM subtly hinted about you on earlier post.. (likely it was just most likely thinking of you and thats why he brought it up) Although this time it might have actually been accidental and i just read it like that.

Chaos what you mentioned could be part of it too, but yes I vaguely recall a point in the story had a page mentioning a complete comment about Lucy's "celestial Magic". I think the difference will be Lucy and "celestial magic" will just be part of the plot. Yeah I like to say this is a educated guess ha! Just from seeing how Fairy Tail's structure is unravelling has tons of similar things with Rave. The details will most likely be way off but I think the overall structure how it unfolds will be similar to what I said.
    Last edited by FenixMarco; 10-10-2010 at 11:28 PM.