• i agree

3 42.86%
  • im not sure

3 42.86%
  • i dont think so

1 14.29%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Veteran Member
    Ah, well maybe she was different.. I remember she forced loki ( i think it was him) back or something.. maybe thats when it was said that she was different.. I edited.. it was natsu who entered the spirit world.. not lucy.. :-/

Her magic to summon.. i cant really see it becoming much more than that.. Unless she has the powers to create spirits, keys, enter the spirit world, etc..
    With what you said i sure could come up with some crazy .. guesses.. lol.. some are actually decent, too.. well, what you said and the layla disappearance thing..

Oh, has she even tried learning any other magic? I guess there was an omake where mira tried teaching natsu and lucy transformation magic.. cant remember how it worked, but i think natsu learned it, at least.. Just seems weird that her celestial magic would be so much more.. unless its like an upgraded celestial magic as i said before.. Although, creation magic wouldnt be too out of reach.. so just maybe.. lol
    I dont want her magic to be something completely different with pretty much no connection to her magic now.. (in your guess, anyway.. so its hypothetical)
    Last edited by Chaos Shepherd; 10-10-2010 at 10:16 PM.

Rave MasterSpoiler ahead.

Spoiler!

So as you can see, while the theory with lucy's mom is theoretically still possible, there is no reference to rave master in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Shepherd View Post
    Ah, well maybe she was different.. I remember she forced loki ( i think it was him) back or something.. maybe thats when it was said that she was different.. I edited.. it was natsu who entered the spirit world.. not lucy.. :-/

Her magic to summon.. i cant really see it becoming much more than that.. Unless she has the powers to create spirits, keys, enter the spirit world, etc..
    With what you said i sure could come up with some crazy .. guesses.. lol.. some are actually decent, too.. well, what you said and the layla disappearance thing..

Oh, has she even tried learning any other magic? I guess there was an omake where mira tried teaching natsu and lucy transformation magic.. cant remember how it worked, but i think natsu learned it, at least.. Just seems weird that her celestial magic would be so much more.. unless its like an upgraded celestial magic as i said before.. Although, creation magic wouldnt be too out of reach.. so just maybe.. lol
    I dont want her magic to be something completely different with pretty much no connection to her magic now.. (in your guess, anyway.. so its hypothetical)

well when she was fighting angel of oracion seis the dude of blue pegasus taught lucy some weird magic uranus something
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kick me high, hit me low, spit on me it's gonna take more than that to break my soul.

Quote Originally Posted by Argonar View Post
    Rave MasterSpoiler ahead.

Spoiler!

So as you can see, while the theory with lucy's mom is theoretically still possible, there is no reference to rave master in it.
    this is true. i think the only reference to rave is the fact that characters were drawn similarly[and having the resemblance] it is a form of fan service. maybe the flow of the story was like rave's..[regarding friends gathering and all] but the story is entirely different.

i've speed read the reference to lucy's mom and her magic being a celestial spirit expert and shit i havent paid any attention to..it lead me to some questions:

how do the mages get their magic? i understand the DS, but the mages? like cana's cards, bixlow's totem's..idk is it just something they learned from their masters? so that means one magic is not specific to a single person?
    i mean if your teacher was an expert in wind magic, you learn wind magic, then later on you could also learn lightning from a lightning master..? does that make sense?

meh..maybe the master's choose students with innate magic in the field that they teach..

your thoughts, anyone?

and can somebody refresh me on how gray and lyon come to be disciples of UR..werent they orphans wanting to learn magic or something?

"whoaaaaa"

nuff said.

Veteran Member
    There are plenty of similarities.. Think of the main characters, for one.. Dont feel like listing them all.. There are more similarities than just their looks..

I dont know, actually.. Guessing they can learn from a teacher, book, scrolls, manuals.. You can learn multiple elements, i believe.. Makarov has fire and light, i think.. But im guessing it takes a lot of skill, if its even possible.. Not entirely sure you can, though.. But there are probably ways to at least use multiple elements, at least.. (like different transformations, possibly)

They were orphans, i think.. Gray was picked up and ur started teaching them.. Lyon really wanted to learn strong magic. But i think they reminded her of her daughter..

am Start
    Quote Originally Posted by snowbear View Post
    this is true. i think the only reference to rave is the fact that characters were drawn similarly[and having the resemblance] it is a form of fan service. maybe the flow of the story was like rave's..[regarding friends gathering and all] but the story is entirely different.

i've speed read the reference to lucy's mom and her magic being a celestial spirit expert and shit i havent paid any attention to..it lead me to some questions:

how do the mages get their magic? i understand the DS, but the mages? like cana's cards, bixlow's totem's..idk is it just something they learned from their masters? so that means one magic is not specific to a single person?
    i mean if your teacher was an expert in wind magic, you learn wind magic, then later on you could also learn lightning from a lightning master..? does that make sense?

meh..maybe the master's choose students with innate magic in the field that they teach..

your thoughts, anyone?

and can somebody refresh me on how gray and lyon come to be disciples of UR..werent they orphans wanting to learn magic or something?
    leon and gray are orphans. their motivations are different, but it seems like everyone is able to learn makermagic. it just needs very long time to master it properly

gray:

leon:
    Wenn ich nicht hier bin, bin ich aufm Sonnendeck...

Yeah Etharion was definitely not a reference to Rave.

Seriously do some of you think when saying Fairy Tail had no reference to Rave, the same author did both.

Like Chaos said, I don't feel like listing them all either, which will practically be reviewing the whole f*cking manga.

Think what you will but some of you will see the whole structure similarity few years from now. If I'm still around you can bet I'll be the first one to throw it in your face bragging about it.

"Told you HATER!"
    Last edited by FenixMarco; 10-12-2010 at 02:16 AM.

no what im talking about was how it was created. i know it was created by same author.. even oracion seis was the same. the story is different. meeh. you win.

"whoaaaaa"

nuff said.

Quote Originally Posted by snowbear View Post
    That's not totally true,there are many intended references.
    Since others won't do it I'll list some of the similarities:

Etherion, the oracion six, that there is a special important date, sieg hart/sieglein, gray has the rave, some rave master characters have appeared in the background, Dragonslayer/Let's Tribe, the TenCommandments from Haru/Erza....

All I wanted to say is that there is no reference to rave in this theory about Lucy's mom.

By the way, I guess most of you have realised long ago, but Fairy Tail has many references to Dragonball too. (mostly visual ones) Many mangas have them, but in Fairy Tail they are a lot easier to notice.

Several Power Up Scenes, Meteor/Kaioken, the Special Beam Cannon has appeared and if you watch the anime, there have been some scenes that practically copied the Dragonball fighting Style.

Bagong Barrio, Caloocan City, Philippines
    Ofcourse they're connected, that's pretty much the most obvious thing you'll notice if your really a Fairy Tail Fan.

Not really in the mood for theories, 'cause some are just simply stupid and ridiculous but umm.. I'uuno I'll just wait. =)
    "With a thrust it's a Spear; with a sweep it's a Naginata, when you hold it, it's a Longsword; a Cane can become each of those things!"-

Kugatachi Danki

Bored? Play BattleDawn
    "The Best Strategy MMO Browser Game"
    http://www.battledawn.com?amp;referer_id=2805143