This Machine Pwns n00bs Amargo Deathscythe's Avatar

R.I.P. Greg Giraldo

Giraldo died just days after being hospitalized following an accidental prescription drug overdose. He was a Harvard-educated lawyer before hitting it big as a funnyman, and the Last Comic Standing judge was perhaps best known for his acerbic wit and his appearances on Comedy Central’s celebrity roasts.

Comedy Central issued the following statement: “The tragic news of Greg’s passing hits us very, very hard. Greg has been a close member of the Comedy Central family for years, injecting his energy and wicked sense of humor into countless projects. The comedy community lost a brother today. Our thoughts are with his family.”

Giraldo’s passing quickly became a trending topic on Twitter yesterday, and many of his fellow comedians used the social networking site to pay their respects.

Jon Stewart also paid tribute to Giraldo on last night’s episode of The Daily Show, turning his “Moment of Zen” segment into a “Moment of Giraldo.”

“When you were working the clubs, he was just one of those guys that you loved to run into, because he was always a font of warmth and good humor and just smart as hell comedy,” Stewart said.

Watch Greg Giraldo at the Comedy Central roast of David Hasselhoff below:

SIG AND AVA BY JAIDEN

Damn this sucks and came out of nowhere. He was always one of the things to look forward to for those Comedy Central Roasts.

Last thing I saw him on was a new episode of that Adult Swim comedy Children's Hospital, and he made it awesome.

My condolences to his family and friends.
    R.I.P. Greg Giraldo, now you can make the big man upstairs laugh for a lifetime.

As long as everything just keeps on flowing forward, then that's already enough.
    Where there's a will there's a way!
    Spoiler!

Beer and Music
    I stand behind what Philip DeFranco said,

The term accidental overdose doesn't fit with celebrities anymore. Its an occupational hazard. Its rough treading through the all stupid.

wtf, he was in the news few days ago, I never expected him to die, damn. that's sad. R.I.P. Greg
    A bridge towards peace; the will of fire still endures!

Rokudaime Hokage, Rokudaime Rikudou Sennin Uzumaki Naruto