Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Quote Originally Posted by kuroihikari View Post
    Reading other comments, am I the only one who interpreted the chapter spoilers as saying that what Aizen really wanted was to die in the hands of someone so strong, he can surpass anything he can dream of?

I don't really think, based on Ichigo's seeming new-found respect for Aizen based on the dialogue (i.e. the shounen "you can understand someone when you feel them with your fists speech"), Aizen had some other ulterior motive beyond that, and if he did it would probably be that Aizen knows something extremely powerful (Hell?) and that he wanted to see if there was someone who can match up to that.
    Quote Originally Posted by veLocity- View Post
    I also don't think Aizen was necessarily 'evil' regardless of what he's done to achieve the current situation. I've always seen Aizen as an ambitious guy, doing whatever he can in order to achieve his goals. That being said, he has no regard for such boundaries as good and bad. In a way - to me - he's like a classic tragic hero, he understand more the big picture but somehow he doesn't want to tell anyone.

In this spoiler, it seems as though Kubo is leaning towards the theory of Aizen actually wanting to be sealed, and as Kuroihikari stated, it may be to test someone like Ichigo to see if there is truely someone that can fulfill his plan. Whether it rids his own existence or not, Aizen seems like he's willing to make a sacrifice.

Then again, he could just be what most people interpret him to be.
    Wait, are you two implying that Aizen is gonna pull an Itachi on us? Gin already did that, Aizen is more like Madara.

Kira, why would Aizen want to die in the first place? I would hardly be able to believe that all he wanted was to die in the hands of some1 whose power he couldn't even imagine, it's more like he wanted that power for himself and yet was missing something important from his equation. Ichigo plays a role in that equation to him gaining such power.

It's more like Aizen is gonna pull another Aizen on us, saying that it was all planned, he planned to be sealed up since he knew HGQ wouldn't let him die, and he wanted to see how far Ichigo could take things the natural way and learn from that.

As for Aizen preparing Ichigo for a far greater threat, then the whole soul society is f**ked cause they cannot compete, then they're all living in an ignorant bliss fighting small time hollows when only Aizen was able to discover a threat greater than himself to all the realms.

Only thing I can think of would be if Aizen gave the Vasto Lordes (who would be captain level anyways), powers of the arrancar, and they grew beyond the levels of a Vasto Lorde arrancar even, and he's trying to stop them now.
    A bridge towards peace; the will of fire still endures!

Rokudaime Hokage, Rokudaime Rikudou Sennin Uzumaki Naruto

Quote Originally Posted by Rokudaime Sennin ™ View Post
    Wait, are you two implying that Aizen is gonna pull an Itachi on us? Gin already did that, Aizen is more like Madara.

Kira, why would Aizen want to die in the first place? I would hardly be able to believe that all he wanted was to die in the hands of some1 whose power he couldn't even imagine, it's more like he wanted that power for himself and yet was missing something important from his equation. Ichigo plays a role in that equation to him gaining such power.

It's more like Aizen is gonna pull another Aizen on us, saying that it was all planned, he planned to be sealed up since he knew HGQ wouldn't let him die, and he wanted to see how far Ichigo could take things the natural way and learn from that.

As for Aizen preparing Ichigo for a far greater threat, then the whole soul society is f**ked cause they cannot compete, then they're all living in an ignorant bliss fighting small time hollows when only Aizen was able to discover a threat greater than himself to all the realms.

Only thing I can think of would be if Aizen gave the Vasto Lordes (who would be captain level anyways), powers of the arrancar, and they grew beyond the levels of a Vasto Lorde arrancar even, and he's trying to stop them now.
    Really ? He didn't do anything good ? Hoho my little boy, you couldn't be more wrong.

HE gave the Gotei 13 a will to get stronger. HE made Kurosaki Ichigo the strongest being we ever seen (in bleach, tough we heard of a greater one).
    HE united the Vizards and the Gotei 13. Thanks to HIM the strongest hollows, in HM, were defeated. HE showed how flawed the system of central 43(?) is. And maybe more.

Tough, that could be an aftereffect of his doings.

Appearance of Darkness Aga bomBa's Avatar
    - Nuff said.. till the very end, he had the calmness that no living creature could kill him, or even outsmart him.

In the latest chapters,.. only Gin and Ichigo made him really, REALLY ANGRY and Uruhara was the cherry on top. Aizen admires Uruhara's intelligence / skills and he's probably the only one that understood Aizen for what he is. The ironic thing about Aizen is that; the moment that he got his power boost ( transformation ), he was so confident about his powers, that he just stopped planning situations that could harm him. Aizen's hunger was to become the " God ".
    I've to agree with the others, that Kubo could ended this Aizen Arc far better, more badass. Ichigo's Mugetsu and new look is EPIC indeed, but did we really had to wait all freakin 400 chapters, to see how he got sealed, without seeing his full potential powers?

- stopped Ichigo's sword with one finger
    - owned everyone in HM with his shi kai ( we saw a glimpse against Espada 2 )
    - stabbed halibel from behind
    - created Wonder fckin Weiss for owning Captain- Commander
    - sliced Gin

Aizen's personality / intelligence and the way how he MIND RAPED his enemies, was just SUPERB.. but I really excepted more between Aizen vs. Ichigo. I know there's gonna be Round 2, but that's not the issue. Aizen talked more then every character in bleach together.
    ... You're Dead 2 Me Now ...

Decidedly Undecided
    Quote Originally Posted by POW View Post
    I get the feeling Kubo might spend the next 100 chapters with Ichigo powerless >.>

Lets all hope for a timeskip
    Think of it like this. If Ichigo had that much power in every chapter, the manga would stagnate pretty quick, ne? So, Kubo takes away his powers, thus giving the other characters time to catch up.

(sig by Cross)

my deviantart page...:http://hagane90.deviantart.com/
    Note, I have no real drawing talent, so it'll be mostly literature.

Proud Grammar Nazi

i hope you guys are right....Build Aizen so much for such a crappy ending?!!! Ulquiora deserves better!!!!

Zero mostly gave some possibilities, but if we go any further we'll risk going into theory land. Bleach's cryptical writing and theory land, especially the type of theory land you guys are used to in Naruto, do not go quite well together.

Let's just say we interpret the manga in different ways, and thus my imagination goes all over weird places that the manga may or may not end up in. And at least one of those places gives credence to a possible foreshadowing coming from Ichigo's "Maybe Aizen wanted to die" statement. In the end, that may just be a random statement, but who knows for now?

It's possible Aizen's zanpakto never spoke to him even once, much like Kenpachi's zanpakto.
    Not possible, because then he would not have been able to reach shikai.

Quote Originally Posted by LeaT View Post
    Not possible, because then he would not have been able to reach shikai.
    yea, sry, I meant his bankai, meaning the zanpakto's bankai form, like tensa zengetsu. Anyways, this thread needs closing.